Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 224 of 256 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 3834
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Why are you lumping Stanton, Judge, Voit, Sanchez, and Ozuna together? Ozuna slashed .338/.441/.636 last season. How is he not a situational hitter?
    Ozuna had a great yea last year. But he's batted over 300 only one other time and the rest is around 280, 350, 500
    Voit, Judge and Stanton are all in that very same range.
    I know Ozuna strikes out far less. SO if you want to argue he's a better situational hitter? Ok. I haven't seen enough to judge but looking at his numbers, he is better.

He is a power righty bat (who can hit better with RISP) and he is a declining defender. Just like Stanton Judge, VOit, Sanche.

Edit- Also, he played DH most of last year. So if the Yankees signed him, your OF is Judge, Hicks, Stanton, with Tauchman as your 4th and Ozuna as the DH. (Or if you like, Stanton as the DH and Ozuna as LF. ) This is what I mean by redundant. Because let's be honest, skill aside because Judge is a good OF, he should be a DH in order to help him be able to play 145 games and play till he's in his late 30s. Stanton and Ozuna should also be DHs. (Voit certainly turned a corner defensively,). If Sanchez starts to hit, a big if, he is also likely better suited to DH.
    So if you want to replace Stanton or Judge with Ozuna? That's a different discussion.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 01-26-2021 at 12:00 PM.

Ignorance is bliss

Does anyone else get the ominous feeling that Boston is going to trade Ottovino at the deadline to a team we end up playing in the playoffs and he owes us? And to make matters worse, the players Boston receives will turn out to be really good and we will suffer the consequences of this salary dump for the next decade?

I get teams like Cincy and Pittsburgh giving away players for salary relief. Just don't understand the Yankees doing it. Ottovino was really good in 2019 (although less good in the playoffs). He probably will bounce back this season and could have been a real weapon out of the pen for us. And if they cleared his salary to bring back Gardner, that will really be bad (not that I don't like Gardner, but he really doesn't have a place on this year's team).

Red Sox acquiring Ottovino gives them a RH slider pitcher that can be effective against RH hitters in Fenway Park. It was a good trade for them, whether or not they trade him later in the season when they are out of contention.

Otto also needs to perform. I think he would have been better served yin to a smaller market team. Sox fans are educated about their players. They know he stunk last year. The second he underperforms, he will hear it.

Ignorance is bliss

Realmuto back to the Phillies for 5yrs115.5m. I wouldn't want that contract in yrs 4-5

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Teams would primarily opt for the Younger spec vs an already getting expensive 3rd -4th yr player who has tons of talent but huge questios.

They wanted kids. Best case if u trade one of Andujar, German now you'd get back about what we gave for Taillom
    Well like i said i'm hardly against trading away prospects like Schmidt and Peraza, abreu, etc. To be honest, Marte is hardly an established star and German, Andujar, Monty and Florial is actually a huge package for someone who essentially only had one all star season and a bunch of just ok ones. However, it's worth the risk imo.

Only Monty is arbitration eligible, and even then he's only making 2 million. Both German and Andujar have 5 years left of control and are making the minimum. No one is considered expensive. If they're got big questions then a kid in A ball is basically playing roulette. There's no bigger question in baseball, then whether or not a prospect will even properly advance to his next level in the minors, much less reach the majors, and even then, even more questions of whether or not he'll reach his potential. German, Andujar and Monty are not guaranteed, but they're the best you can possibly hope for.

The reasons for German and Andujar not playing last season are not health related. Taillon has had 2 TJ surgeries, which is very unpredictable, still. They are not comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Well like i said i'm hardly against trading away prospects like Schmidt and Peraza, abreu, etc. To be honest, Marte is hardly an established star and German, Andujar, Monty and Florial is actually a huge package for someone who essentially only had one all star season and a bunch of just ok ones. However, it's worth the risk imo.

Only Monty is arbitration eligible, and even then he's only making 2 million. Both German and Andujar have 5 years left of control and are making the minimum. No one is considered expensive. If they're got big questions then a kid in A ball is basically playing roulette. There's no bigger question in baseball, then whether or not a prospect will even properly advance to his next level in the minors, much less reach the majors, and even then, even more questions of whether or not he'll reach his potential. German, Andujar and Monty are not guaranteed, but they're the best you can possibly hope for.

The reasons for German and Andujar not playing last season are not health related. Taillon has had 2 TJ surgeries, which is very unpredictable, still. They are not comparable.
    I'd be all for getting Ketel Marte. He's like a poor mans Lindor and fits what we need plays capable defense, is a switch hitter and doesn't strike out over 100 times in a full season.

As far as who'd be traded, I'd give up any of those guys you mentioned (German, Andujar, Monty) and/or prospects that doesn't include Medina or Dominguez.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Ozuna had a great yea last year. But he's batted over 300 only one other time and the rest is around 280, 350, 500
    Voit, Judge and Stanton are all in that very same range.
    I know Ozuna strikes out far less. SO if you want to argue he's a better situational hitter? Ok. I haven't seen enough to judge but looking at his numbers, he is better.

He is a power righty bat (who can hit better with RISP) and he is a declining defender. Just like Stanton Judge, VOit, Sanche.

Edit- Also, he played DH most of last year. So if the Yankees signed him, your OF is Judge, Hicks, Stanton, with Tauchman as your 4th and Ozuna as the DH. (Or if you like, Stanton as the DH and Ozuna as LF. ) This is what I mean by redundant. Because let's be honest, skill aside because Judge is a good OF, he should be a DH in order to help him be able to play 145 games and play till he's in his late 30s. Stanton and Ozuna should also be DHs. (Voit certainly turned a corner defensively,). If Sanchez starts to hit, a big if, he is also likely better suited to DH.
    So if you want to replace Stanton or Judge with Ozuna? That's a different discussion.
    I'm not even advocating to sign Ozuna, there is no room for him. I'm pointing out that he is a pretty good player and fits with any team. Also, just pointing out this contact guys > power guys sentiment on this forum is wrong and that there are not many contact guys left. Most guys have power these days and the ones who can make consistent hard contact are really good players who are not easily attainable.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Didi Gregoriusís 2 top choices are likely Phillies or Reds after Semien, Simmons and Galvis all went off the board today. Didi asking price thought to be $30M, 2 years.
    - Heyman

I know some had mentioned they'd have liked to see him back.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Surprised people on this forum weren't clamoring for Tommy La Stella. Guy had a 5.3% K% last season. Which is actually pretty incredible in today's MLB.

There were plenty of people that did just not at that price

Mets land Bauer!!!!!!!
    Cashman talks Hal into getting pitchers that are that is broken down and past his prime and the other who is a right handed James Paxton. Talent but always some issue thst keeps him off of the mound.

Bauer was just money. Way to go Hal! Damn cheapskate!
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 01-27-2021 at 07:01 AM.

I'm not even advocating to sign Ozuna, there is no room for him. I'm pointing out that he is a pretty good player and fits with any team. Also, just pointing out this contact guys > power guys sentiment on this forum is wrong and that there are not many contact guys left. Most guys have power these days and the ones who can make consistent hard contact are really good players who are not easily attainable.
    I aree 100% that Ozuna would be an very valuable asset to a team. If the Yankees didn't have Stanton? My lord, I would be thrilled if he came here.

I don't so much agree that there aren't any contact guys left. We just saw Springer and Brantley get signed. Brantley was up for grabs. I know there was no space for him but he would be perfect for this lineups as would have Lindor, another contact guy with power.
    My point was exactly that. This team is set up to have no room for other guys like that.
    I still think one of Stanton or Judge need to be moved to create a spot for a hitter like that. That is the only way they can win a title.
    I don't think they can do it as structured. That is unless the rotation is insanely good. Which if everything works out, it could be. A big if, but we will see.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    - Heyman

I know some had mentioned they'd have liked to see him back.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    I was one of them. Another interesting trade idea is Gio. We don't talk about hime but I wonder if they could move him and have DJ play 3rd, sign Didi and bump Torres back to 2nd?
    Voit has gotten to be a pretty good fielder and receiver at first.
    Do you think the defense is better or worse by making that move? I think it gets better.

And all in, I would rather keep voit than Gio.

Ignorance is bliss

Surprised people on this forum weren't clamoring for Tommy La Stella. Guy had a 5.3% K% last season. Which is actually pretty incredible in today's MLB.
    As a back up? I would rather have Wade. He has much better speed and has a fairly low k rate.

Ignorance is bliss