Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 217 of 256 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 3834
    The Judge situation has the potential to turn into a real mess for us. He's the face of the franchise but he can't stay healthy enough to play more than 120 games a yr. What are they going to do when he's a FA in 2yrs? Are they going to pay him 30m a yr for 7-8yrs when he's going to already be over 30? They aren't going to trade him this yr but next off season or if they get a huge offer at the deadline they should seriously consider it

I also think they should look into moving Voit in the right deal. No way should Torres be our long-term SS and IMO DJ ages much better at 1st than he will at 2nd.

Cashman definitely has built a very questionable lineup

Something that confuses me about Tanaka:

Letís say the yanks use their remaining $9 million in cap space on the bullpen. That would mean any money spent on Tanaka (in my opinion a damn fine #3/4) would be subject to a 50% tax. Letís call that number $14 million for easy math purposes. Meaning they would be taxed $7 million dollars. Are you telling me the revenue from the Japanese market wouldnít offset that $7 million and then some? Jerseys? Hats? Other apparel in general? Seems like they would make back that $7 million several times over.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    The Judge situation has the potential to turn into a real mess for us. He's the face of the franchise but he can't stay healthy enough to play more than 120 games a yr. What are they going to do when he's a FA in 2yrs? Are they going to pay him 30m a yr for 7-8yrs when he's going to already be over 30? They aren't going to trade him this yr but next off season or if they get a huge offer at the deadline they should seriously consider it

I also think they should look into moving Voit in the right deal. No way should Torres be our long-term SS and IMO DJ ages much better at 1st than he will at 2nd.

Yeah. They can't do that The bolded would be flat out stupid.
    I love the guy as a Yankee but this is one case when emotions shouldn't play a part. If they Can move Stanton? Sure. Give Judge that deal

I would hate to lose voit but I agree. I could also see them moving Gio and sticking DJ at 3rd. You could then move Torres to 2nd.
    Regardless, this team needs both lefties and guys who make contact.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by kj244 View Post
    Its not about Gleyber Torres. Its about team. You can't fall in love with any one player. The reality is:

1. Obtaining Castillo would be a huge impact for this team and put us right back into WS contention and he's controlled for another 3 years.

2. With DJ locked in a second for the next several years, Torres has to be penciled in at SS and he's not a very good defensive SS. Lindor is certainly an upgrade and balances the line-up out more being a switch hitter/low strike out guy.

3. For only slightly more, we would probably get more out of Carrasco than we will out of Kluber.

The reality is I can fall in love with whom I choose, though I will admit I seldom do that. At least not since the days of Mickey Mantle. Of course I was just a kid, what did I know? So he's had problems at SS. Gosh, I've never seen that before. Defense can be improved. He's just a kid. They're not getting Lindor, so I guess we're stuck with this loser Torres.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    The Yankees are still the favorites in the AL. That said, I have a feeling they are going to do something big. Just have a feeling. By 1/25, the Yankees will make a significant addition. Let's see if I'm right.

Guess there's a first time for everything.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Brantley to the Jays. Ouch. They are a nasty team.

Ignorance is bliss

from your fingers to the baseball gods ears. Any predictions what you think they are going to do.
    I think they will move Ottovino and exceed the first LT tier by signing Bauer for about $30M per year. They need to win at least one WS with this core. They will rely on the kids to fill out the bullpen.

we all know judge will get injured st some point in the season maybe twice.. i would consider trading him.. we are stuck with stanton whose natural position is right field.. since the yanks are now budget conscious it makes no sense to sign a player who gets injured every year and misses a huge amount of games.. we have enough of such players..

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    JA Crapp signed with the twins

Oh

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Brantley didn't go to the jays

He ended up back with the Trash cans on a 2/32 deal.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Brantley didn't go to the jays

He ended up back with the Trash cans on a 2/32 deal.

good looking forward to see clint as the everyday lf next year.. no more gardner..

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Something that confuses me about Tanaka:

Letís say the yanks use their remaining $9 million in cap space on the bullpen. That would mean any money spent on Tanaka (in my opinion a damn fine #3/4) would be subject to a 50% tax. Letís call that number $14 million for easy math purposes. Meaning they would be taxed $7 million dollars. Are you telling me the revenue from the Japanese market wouldnít offset that $7 million and then some? Jerseys? Hats? Other apparel in general? Seems like they would make back that $7 million several times over.
    Sadly, this would be difficult to measure in a normal year... a covid year where they still may not have fans in attendance.. and you're still most likely talking a net loss. The only guarantees with japanese players are... the presence of japanese press... how much income/extra income that's seen is subject to debate and difficult to measure...

Talking Torres... I would not be quick to judge him based on a 60 game shortened seasons. Yes, his defense was down... but at the same time.. his offense was way off too... It's hard to compare his 2018 and 2019 numbers on D because he played second mostly with a little bit of SS... but in 2020, his offense sucked too.. If it was only his defensive numbers that dove.. I'd say he's not a SS and move on... but it wasn't.. he didn't hit for **** last year either. Not like the guy we've come to know from the last several years. That tells me that the numbers from that 60 game shortened season should be treated as an outlier not the expected norm.

I think the Yanks are noticing that too and with the volume of high level SS scheduled to be UFA's next year... along with their desire to get back under the limit this year... that you'll see them use 2021 as year to see if he really can do the job. I think he might have been injured. Not enough to keep him out, but enough that it slowed him down both offensively and defensively.. 2021 will show us for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    Talking Torres... I would not be quick to judge him based on a 60 game shortened seasons. Yes, his defense was down... but at the same time.. his offense was way off too... It's hard to compare his 2018 and 2019 numbers on D because he played second mostly with a little bit of SS... but in 2020, his offense sucked too.. If it was only his defensive numbers that dove.. I'd say he's not a SS and move on... but it wasn't.. he didn't hit for **** last year either. Not like the guy we've come to know from the last several years. That tells me that the numbers from that 60 game shortened season should be treated as an outlier not the expected norm.

I think the Yanks are noticing that too and with the volume of high level SS scheduled to be UFA's next year... along with their desire to get back under the limit this year... that you'll see them use 2021 as year to see if he really can do the job. I think he might have been injured. Not enough to keep him out, but enough that it slowed him down both offensively and defensively.. 2021 will show us for certain.
    even in a short season last year. torres hit 243 with a zero war and had only 3 home runs which is impossible to understand with a person of his ability

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    even in a short season last year. torres hit 243 with a zero war and had only 3 home runs which is impossible to understand with a person of his ability
    Pretty easy to understand, he showed up to camp out of shape. Didn't get into form until the end of the season.