Game 2
    Wed, Jul 21 ē 7:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium

Phillies
    TBD

VS

Yankees
    TBD
    I have heard talk about them calling up Devi or Gil to make this start but there also is a very good chance they go with a BP game

I thought i noticed a change in Taillons mechanics from the start of the yr to his last few starts.
    This first video is from his first start https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKhGgyEcVBs The arm action looks like its shorter and definitely more like he''s trying to force his mechanics.

This start is from his start against the M's 2 weeks ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PGcypVEGB8&t=26s

To me the arm action looks longer and less forced. I wonder if the mechanical change is the reason for his recent success or that he has gone from throwing mostly 4 seams and CB's to using more 2 seam, SL, CU.

Whatever the turn around, ever since that start that he didn't make it out of the first inning, he;s been much, much better. If he continues to pitch like he has his last handful of starts, he'll look much more like that 2-3 type we were hoping we were getting. Also that he hasn't got injured this yr and he's getting better the farther away he gets from TJS , is an encouraging sign for next yr

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I thought i noticed a change in Taillons mechanics from the start of the yr to his last few starts.
    This first video is from his first start https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKhGgyEcVBs The arm action looks like its shorter and definitely more like he''s trying to force his mechanics.

This start is from his start against the M's 2 weeks ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PGcypVEGB8&t=26s

To me the arm action looks longer and less forced. I wonder if the mechanical change is the reason for his recent success or that he has gone from throwing mostly 4 seams and CB's to using more 2 seam, SL, CU.

Whatever the turn around, ever since that start that he didn't make it out of the first inning, he;s been much, much better. If he continues to pitch like he has his last handful of starts, he'll look much more like that 2-3 type we were hoping we were getting. Also that he hasn't got injured this yr and he's getting better the farther away he gets from TJS , is an encouraging sign for next yr
    You have to wonder if it was just fear. He may have just realized he couldn't succeed the way he was going and decided to let go and just pitch and hope all his work on changing his motion, sticks

If he stays healthy and continues to throw like this? Damn
    If Sevy comes back and is legit? Damn
    That is a really good top 3.

Ignorance is bliss

This is German's biggest game of the year. He needs to pitch really well. They need at least one W out of this series.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

Taillon will be fine if he can stay healthy IMO. HE needed the adjustment period and seems settled now. Now donít turn into a Paxton with the injuries...........he can be a solid #3 for 2022...
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

How come Harper hasnít went into the next tier level? I thought he would be this huge superstar. Philly must be scratching their heads now..I thought he would be the best player in the league after hearing all of the hoopla when he as first drafted and how Scott Borass projected him.....
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 07-20-2021 at 09:15 AM.
    Soundgarden
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    This is German's biggest game of the year. He needs to pitch really well. They need at least one W out of this series.
    I think we need the sweep. Anything less is just being stagnant . Didnít realize the Phillies are 10-4 in their last 14.....it might be a tough series to sweep, oh well.....
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 07-20-2021 at 09:14 AM.
    Soundgarden
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I think we need the sweep. Anything less is just being stagnant . Didnít realize the Phillies are 10-4 in their last 14.....it might be a tough series to sweep, oh well.....
    Iíve been saying, girardi , mattingly and Jeter (for reasons of team and trade potential) may dictate this teams season

Florial gets called up!!
    Yes! That is a fast OF!
    I hate that itís at the expense of Trey but him, Allen and Lamar could do wonders on the bases
    Provided of course they play him

Florial gets called up!!
    Yes! That is a fast OF!
    I hate that itís at the expense of Trey but him, Allen and Lamar could do wonders on the bases
    I hope Florial gets the start tonight, he has such a pretty swing for YS

Florial gets called up!!
    Yes! That is a fast OF!
    Provided of course they get on base.

Florial had a 2 HR game this week.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Provided of course they get on base.
    Lol
    Very true.
    Odds are that one of them has to at least once. 12 ABs between the 3? It's got to happen!!!!!

Ignorance is bliss

Lol
    Very true.
    Odds are that one of them has to at least once. 12 ABs between the 3? It's got to happen!!!!!

Per Jeff Passan, the #Yankees are not inclined to part ways with their best minor-league players. thats encouraging news. I wonder if that means he doesn't want to part with our top 4-5 guys or even any of out top 10 guys.

The Yanks have a ton of guys like Park, Castillio, Otto, Junk that have trade value now but are rule 5 eligible this winter. Its better to trade them and get something, than hold onto to them and see 1-2 of them turn into the next Whitlock
    Last edited by dayners81; 07-20-2021 at 03:25 PM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast