Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 92 of 211 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 3163
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    This is the Yankees we're talking about. They ain't rebuilding due to the pandemic.
    Truth! .... and this from a SF Giants fan!
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by bitobi View Post
    DJ will likely end up a bluejay, the ownership has tons of money and they want a championship team this year or next.
    The Jays will overpay for Bauer and DJ.

I like their 3 young players of Bichette, Vladdy Jr and Biggio over ours of Sanchez, Judge, when they were coming up, and Torres.

We need DJ and Bauer to stay competitive( AL East, not just WC garbage)
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    The Jays will overpay for Bauer and DJ.

I like their 3 young players of Bichette, Vladdy Jr and Biggio over ours of Sanchez, Judge, when they were coming up, and Torres.

We need DJ and Bauer to stay competitive( AL East, not just WC garbage)
    Where would they play DJ?
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Buster Olney is reporting that the Yanks are shopping Voit to try and clear space for both DJ and Lindor. He also said they Yanks are very serious about trying to improve their infield defense

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Buster Olney is reporting that the Yanks are shopping Voit to try and clear space for both DJ and Lindor. He also said they Yanks are very serious about trying to improve their infield defense
    I would be very happy with this. It would suck to lose Voit but if he can get back Lindor or a pitcher? It's all good.
    I just wish he could take Stanton with him

Ignorance is bliss

I'd be fine with them doing that fo the 3-5 spots, provided they have a proven 2.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I'd be fine with them doing that fo the 3-5 spots, provided they have a proven 2.
    Therein lies the problem, with the ultimate return of Sevy and German they have more than adequate #3-5 guys to fill slots. It's the reliable #2 that is missing. Will they resign Tanaka? He is looking more appealing by the minute and may be the best FA outside Bauer available. (Not suggesting he's THE solid #2, but the closest reliable and dependable arm they have for the spot.)

Tanaka continued to prove his worth as a durable, top to mid rotation arm by posting a 3.56 ERA and a 1.17 WHIP in 48 innings (10 starts) in the shortened 2020 campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Therein lies the problem, with the ultimate return of Sevy and German they have more than adequate #3-5 guys to fill slots. It's the reliable #2 that is missing. Will they resign Tanaka? He is looking more appealing by the minute and may be the best FA outside Bauer available. (Not suggesting he's THE solid #2, but the closest reliable and dependable arm they have for the spot.)

Tanaka continued to prove his worth as a durable, top to mid rotation arm by posting a 3.56 ERA and a 1.17 WHIP in 48 innings (10 starts) in the shortened 2020 campaign.
    In an ideal world, Tank comes back and is pushed to the back of the rotation because either or both Sevy and German take the next steps.
    Then you have Monty, Garcia, School Schmidt... vying for the last spot.

Oh, and I just had pumpkin pie and apple crisp for breakfast

Ignorance is bliss

In an ideal world, Tank comes back and is pushed to the back of the rotation because either or both Sevy and German take the next steps.
    Then you have Monty, Garcia, School Schmidt... vying for the last spot.

Oh, and I just had pumpkin pie and apple crisp for breakfast
    Breakfast of champions!

I agree. In a perfect scenario. Imo Sevy has the potential to be the #2. But there are many unknowns post rehab. German is showing good stuff in winter ball. Garcia demonstrated he has good stuff, but my gut keeps telling me he's a trade chip. Monty should figure prominently next season, Schmidt? Maybe they take Bucks advice? IDK.

They better wait till they get DJ signed before trading Voit. Ford is not a two-way player, IMHO.

I'm shocked the Yanks are doing this but I think it is the best thing to do. Sell high on Voit and let DJ play 1B. The defense becomes amazing in the IF and the lineup is more well rounded.

If they trade Voit and don't get DJ re-signed, then who plays first? Ford? Andujar? A year ago, I would have been ok with Ford, but he looked really bad in '20.

I will go out there, do the Mets pay him off somehow to take it and retire? You scratch our back we will scratch yours, kind of thing? He;'s owed 3 more years in eluding next. He's 38.
    We have seen the Astros cheat in ways no one thought possible, could an MLB team, set up a payment plan that would bring on Cano as a "special advisor" for the next 15 years that averages 5 mil a year. They could pay him 2.5 mil a year with a "bonus" of 8 mil every 5 years/

Would they pay his trainer to give him a different drug than he thought he was buying?

Is he that stupid?

Or, as Yankee fans can attest, is he that lazy that he took the easiest way possible?

I agree, I think this opens up the Mets options, big time.
    I think they bring in Bauer and another big name player.
    The more i think about the Cano situation the more i wonder if you aren't dead right on someone either paying Cano off under the table or something like that.

Cohen certainly doesn't really care about Cano's money, just that it would count against the luxury tax. Cano's money not counting against the cap this yr gives them a huge advantage in this market, you can do a ton this yr with 25m.

Cano obviously has had enough experience with PEDS, especially being involved with Biogenesis, that he or whoever was giving him his protocals would know how easily and bad for you an old school steroid like Stanzol is.

I get that he has been extremely lazy but i just don't see him being lazy being enough of a reason to risk a season and 25m to take Stanzol when there are so many more beneficial and much more difficult to detect PEDS. With the money Cano has and obviously the people he has access to taking a cheap PED like that makes zero sense

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Interesting option.

Imo there is more to this story. As mentioned above, why would he be using stanozolol an inexpensive and easily detectable PED? Is he that lazy and stupid?
    Have u or anyone else heard any more about this? There has got to be more to this story IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    If they trade Voit and don't get DJ re-signed, then who plays first? Ford? Andujar? A year ago, I would have been ok with Ford, but he looked really bad in '20.
    The only way it would make sense is if the Yanks signed DJ before trading Voit or trading for Lindor. With DJ on board, then you make your run at Lindor, that way if u miss on Lindor you still have your team largely intact.