Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 239 of 256 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 3833
    Word is Gardy is looking for somewhere close to 1yr7m... If the Yanks give him anything more than the veteran minimum when there are pitching options like Paxton and Rosenthal still available I'll be baffled to say the least

Wirh the 2.5 mill buyout already paid by Yanks another 4.5mill yields 7mill from Yanks. Would you go that much?

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Paxton apparently signed with Mariners.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Watch Paxton absolutely have a dominant 1st half and then we could trade the Ms back for him and lose that trade again.

Honestly wouldn't a healthy Paxton be the perfect mid season addition. Plus we have such a wonderful track record getting SP from the Ms

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Paxton apparently signed with Mariners.

Ended up with 8.5m base and another 1.5m possible in incentives, total possible 10m.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Here is the 2021 All-Underrated Team

Center field: Aaron Hicks, NYY
    Hicks was far from the flashiest addition by the Yankees in recent years, but he’s been among the best. In the past four seasons, Hicks' .824 OPS as a center fielder is the fourth-best among those with at least 900 plate appearances at the position in that span, behind only Mike Trout (1.091), Charlie Blackmon (.931) and George Springer (.877).

Hicks missed much of 2019 because of Tommy John surgery, but he rebounded well in '20, with a 123 wRC+ due primarily to his discerning eye (his outside-the-zone swing rate of 14.6 percent was second-best in the bigs). As he ventures into his age-31 season, it could be that Hicks’ declining defensive metrics and power numbers catch up to him. But for now, at another position short on stars, he fits the underrated bill.

https://www.mlb.com/news/2021-most-u...ed-mlb-players

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    Here is the 2021 All-Underrated Team

Center field: Aaron Hicks, NYY
    Hicks was far from the flashiest addition by the Yankees in recent years, but he’s been among the best. In the past four seasons, Hicks' .824 OPS as a center fielder is the fourth-best among those with at least 900 plate appearances at the position in that span, behind only Mike Trout (1.091), Charlie Blackmon (.931) and George Springer (.877).

Hicks missed much of 2019 because of Tommy John surgery, but he rebounded well in '20, with a 123 wRC+ due primarily to his discerning eye (his outside-the-zone swing rate of 14.6 percent was second-best in the bigs). As he ventures into his age-31 season, it could be that Hicks’ declining defensive metrics and power numbers catch up to him. But for now, at another position short on stars, he fits the underrated bill.

https://www.mlb.com/news/2021-most-u...ed-mlb-players

I think he's good but I am someone who underrates him. I also think the ranking he's had in the past is due less do his ability but more regarding the talent at the CF position. That seems to be changing a bit and I think Hicks will fall into the upper middle of the field, where I believe he belongs.

I he's a good, not great fielder. I think he's a decent hitter with good power and a good eye but he's not someone I ever trust to hit to the situation as I think he over-swings.

Thankfully his contract is not overly cumbersome and aside from the 12.5 in his last year at age 36, is between 9-10 till then. If it were more? He would be hated.
    When he signed it, my thought was they knew they had a crew of young OFs coming up and that Hicks can play all 3 spots, so once he was 32-33, he would be the 4th or 5th OF. I can still see that happening. If Dominguez can skyrocket, he could take over by the time Hicks is 33.

Thankfully the back end of the deal is fairly light.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    For a million bucks and change that's a fine get. Especially seeing as how he's a lefty with power in that stadium, on a team with a few major injury concerns at OF/DH.
    Fair point but a 250 avg, 300 OBP guy who can't play D and can't run? I think there were better options.
    If you wanted to go that route, they should have signed Billy Hamilton. Bring a guy with D and speed for another style of player.

Ignorance is bliss

Sounds like Yanks are going to sign Justin Wilson for for bullpen. Solid arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Fair point but a 250 avg, 300 OBP guy who can't play D and can't run? I think there were better options.
    If you wanted to go that route, they should have signed Billy Hamilton. Bring a guy with D and speed for another style of player.
    Of course there's better options but this is a deal with extremely little risk. As for Billy Hamilton, he is basically a glorified pinch runner.

Of course there's better options but this is a deal with extremely little risk. As for Billy Hamilton, he is basically a glorified pinch runner.
    ....and Jay Bruce is? An aging, no glove, base clogging, .250 masher.

ps. Imo the roster spot is of more value than any contribution offered by Bruce, regardless of cost.
    Last edited by drt1010; 02-14-2021 at 11:28 AM.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

He doesn't have a roster spot yet. Basically a backup at AAA to be callef up when injury bug hits ( like it always does).

Agreed about Hamilton. But I would love that kind of guy on the bench

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    ....and Jay Bruce is? An aging, no glove, base clogging, .250 masher.

ps. Imo the roster spot is of more value than any contribution offered by Bruce, regardless of cost.
    Jay Bruce is a power hitting lefty coming to a team whose home park is a haven for power hitting lefties. Not to mention that he doesn't have a roster spot, as it is a minor league contract. Could be handy to have available if and when someone like Judge, Stanton, or Voit get injured.

Cheap depth is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Agreed about Hamilton. But I would love that kind of guy on the bench
    To be honest, I was kinda stoked to have Hamilton as the last spot on the '20 expanded roster for the Giants. Have him be the pinch runner at second come extra innings and let him fly. He ended up not making the team and getting traded to the Mets though.