Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 228 of 256 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 3833
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    You think this is this true? I can't imagine the 4M extra for Tanaka would have meant they couldn't have afforded Tallion. Seems like BS.
    Don't shoot the messenger!

What I do believe, Hal is dead serious about holding the line. Cashman is working within the guidelines to fill out a rotation that saw several holes develop.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

OhSoSlick
    Who else costing at least $10 mill would you.have cut loose to re-sign Tank, plus the other two SPs?
    Last edited by Stevemil505; 01-30-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Don't shoot the messenger!

What I do believe, Hal is dead serious about holding the line. Cashman is working within the guidelines to fill out a rotation that saw several holes develop.
    Oh not, not attacking you. Just asking. I just find it hard to believe if they signed Tanaka for 15M they couldn't find a few million to fit Tallion as well. And yeah, it seems like Hal was serious in the past too then eventually blew by it again. The Yankees are absolutely screwing themselves. They screwed their self with Stanton's contract and now by not going for it when their window is the most open it'll ever be.

Arenado just got traded to the Cardinals and the Rockies threw in $50 million, but no other details released.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Yanks should call up Colorado and see what it would take to get Gray for the rotation and givens for the bullpen.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Gray is owned 6 and is a free agent at end of 2022, givens is owed 4 mil and is also a free agent at end of 2022.

Maybe throw some better prospects in there to get them to eat some money.

Maybe andujar in the package as well, to play third for them since they just traded their third baseman.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Oh not, not attacking you. Just asking. I just find it hard to believe if they signed Tanaka for 15M they couldn't find a few million to fit Tallion as well. And yeah, it seems like Hal was serious in the past too then eventually blew by it again. The Yankees are absolutely screwing themselves. They screwed their self with Stanton's contract and now by not going for it when their window is the most open it'll ever be.
    Agree!
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

With the Rockies trading Arenado, what would it take to pry German Márquez away? Possible?

You think this is this true? I can't imagine the 4M extra for Tanaka would have meant they couldn't have afforded Tallion. Seems like BS.
    i don't think they went in on Kluber thinking, oh, it'll take 11 million to sign him. There was more or less a bidding war for Kluber and I think the yankees got swept up in it. They were even outbid by another team. I think overall, it was a good gamble, in spite of the injuries. If Kluber returns to form, and Taillon can be another Cole, then the yankees will have an amazing rotation, far better than any they've had in a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    If Taillon can be another Cole
    Wait....what? That's completely unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Wait....what? That's completely unrealistic.
    It's not like a prediction or anything, but if it happens, then how can you argue the caliber of rotation we'd have? Besides, that was Taillon's pedigree when he was drafted, to be a number 1. Not really unrealistic, at all, if he can get past his health issues and pitches to his natural ability.

It is very unrealistic. Sure, it's great to be hopeful and positive and all that, but come on.

Cashman had some harsh but realistic words for Gary Sanchez.

Good for.Cashman for taking that stance and not coddling him. Pena and Girardi were tough on him and that's when he put up his best results

One of the big reasons Boone was brought in was to be better communicating with the young core, specifically Sanchez. That has worked well 👏

Atleast we have 3-4 very promising C specs in Aball or higher. I'm still very hopeful that we get to see vintage Sanchez again... dude was a beast in 16-17

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Good for.Cashman for taking that stance and not coddling him. Pena and Girardi were tough on him and that's when he put up his best results

One of the big reasons Boone was brought in was to be better communicating with the young core, specifically Sanchez. That has worked well 👏

Atleast we have 3-4 very promising C specs in Aball or higher. I'm still very hopeful that we get to see vintage Sanchez again... dude was a beast in 16-17
    Or else they trade Sanchez for Gray and Givens with the Rockies saving $4 million and the Sanchez hits 60 HRs for them in Colorado and becomes a Legend. I looked up their 2021 roster and they have one catcher, who had 39 AB last season in 46 games , so he's obviously a defensive replacement late in games.

Not sure how Yadier Molina fits into the Yankees salary structure or whether they could do a blockbuster trade with the Indians for Roberto Perez (perhaps Frazier, Andujar and/or others).