Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who moves onto the World Series?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Atlanta Braves

    4 50.00%
  • Los Angeles Dodgers

    4 50.00%
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
Results 481 to 493 of 493
  1. #481
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    30,008
    This title should not have an asterisk. Silly take imo.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  2. #482
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    This title should not have an asterisk. Silly take imo.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    With more than half of the teams making the postseason, it seems that navigating that gauntlet would address any concerns generated from having a truncated regular season. No team is going to back into a championship - it will definitely be earned.

    I don't think the teams that won the World Series before we had the division series, or before we had the league championship series have an asterisk.

    It is what it is - F'ed up year, and the league did the best they could to create the proper competitive balance in the postseason.

  3. #483
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4,092
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Good for the Dodgers!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    This title should not have an asterisk. Silly take imo.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofdad View Post
    With more than half of the teams making the postseason, it seems that navigating that gauntlet would address any concerns generated from having a truncated regular season. No team is going to back into a championship - it will definitely be earned.

    I don't think the teams that won the World Series before we had the division series, or before we had the league championship series have an asterisk.

    It is what it is - F'ed up year, and the league did the best they could to create the proper competitive balance in the postseason.
    There are a lot of newly minted Rays life long rays fans who will not appreciate this.

  4. #484
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    42,902
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    There are a lot of newly minted Rays life long rays fans who will not appreciate this.
    I was rooting for the AL winner regardless of who came out of the NL


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  5. #485
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4,092
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I was rooting for the AL winner regardless of who came out of the NL


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This will ender you to the newly minted life long Rays fans.

  6. #486
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    59,062

  7. #487
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    39,790
    Lol

  8. #488
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    There are a lot of newly minted Rays life long rays fans who will not appreciate this.
    I think the Rays are an easy team to pull for, regardless of the issues specifically related to 2020. It's not just the obvious market-size, financial factor of the two teams either. They were the best team in the AL this year, and in my opinion, the personality of the team is fun to watch.

  9. #489
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4,092
    This thread specifically around game 4 and 5 is so much fun to revist.

  10. #490
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4,092
    Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    We all know ciaban is a flake when the Dodgers lose, but dodgerdave should at least show up. He called out spliff yesterday for not showing up.

    All this showing up **** is so petty yet hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    I'm okay but my car isn't.
    LoLz I love this thread.

  11. #491
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post
    Shift is over as soon as dodgers have a comfortable lead. But will that happen again this year?
    I guess it did.

  12. #492
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4,092
    Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Thanks for the lovely thoughts.
    I can only hope OiNK lived long enough to see the dodgers win the world series.

  13. #493
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    59,062
    .
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 12-02-2020 at 11:08 PM.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •