Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Who is the biggest threat to the Lakers

Now that they won the title who next season has the best chance to unseat the champs as of right now?

My list would be...

Warriors
    Clippers
    Denver
    Bucks
    Nets

Warriors
    Clippers
    Boston
    Denver
    Injuries
    Last edited by Lakers + Giants; 10-09-2020 at 02:57 AM.

Injuries
    Clippers
    Nuggets
    Bucks
    Celtics

#17 for #24 & G1

Job's done

So the bubble is over? Let me google it...

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Now that they won the title who next season has the best chance to unseat the champs as of right now?

My list would be...

Warriors
    Clippers
    Denver
    Bucks
    Nets
    Hahahahahhahahahahahaha

Injuries

Clippers
    Denver
    Bucks
    Warriors
    Boston

Danny Green
    KCP
    Injuries
    Who cares
    JaVale McGee

A healthy Heat team. Itís funny, Miami would at worst be tied 2-2 if not for injury but I donít see them listed yet lol. Lakers definitely caught a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    A healthy Heat team. Itís funny, Miami would at worst be tied 2-2 if not for injury but I donít see them listed yet lol. Lakers definitely caught a break.
    I think its hard to know if that's the case. It would have been different for sure...but how much different w/l wise I'm not sure.

The Nuggets are an awesome team and the lakers finished them in 5 as well.

But yes, the heat should be listed i agree lol.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Hahahahahhahahahahahaha

Injuries

Clippers
    Denver
    Bucks
    Warriors
    Boston
    You're seriously underrating how good a healthy Warriors team can be. And they have a ton of draft capital now. You're also underrating a very talented Clippers team.

Gun to my head, the Lakers are probably still the best team going into next season, but they're not a deep team talent-wise past Lebron and Davis. Golden State and the Clippers are far better from their 3rd-8th best guys than the Lakers, and it's not remotely close. If the Lakers want to ensure they're the best team next year, they need to take some steps to improve the roster in the offseason, because it's pretty damn far from perfect.

The Heat have played some damn fine basketball in the bubble, but I need to see more from them to know that this wasn't just one red hot run and an anomaly. On paper, I don't think they're better than the Clippers or Warriors. If they can get through the East again next year, I'll feel differently.

No one. As long as Lebron and AD are playing at this level and their role players are doing their part, there isnt a team in the league as constructed that can take them in a 7 game series.

Farther time is undefeated.

I wish nothing at all against LeBron, but he'll be 36 in two months. Even if LeBron only experiences a 10% decline next season that makes it extremely difficult for the Lakers to make a repeat run to the Finals. Rondo as the 2nd best perimeter playmaker is 34. AD has likely hit his peak, and has been surprisingly healthier than usual this season. That's 3 of their most important players with narrow margins for decline/injury.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Farther time is undefeated.

I wish nothing at all against LeBron, but he'll be 36 in two months. Even if LeBron only experiences a 10% decline next season that makes it extremely difficult for the Lakers to make a repeat run to the Finals. Rondo as the 2nd best perimeter playmaker is 34. AD has likely hit his peak, and has been surprisingly healthier than usual this season. That's 3 of their most important players with narrow margins for decline/injury.
    This reminds me of when every one thought Tim Duncan and the Spurs were too old. With Modern science there is more longevity with players who take care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    This reminds me of when every one thought Tim Duncan and the Spurs were too old. With Modern science there is more longevity with players who take care of themselves.
    Exactly but people like to bury teams before it happens, the FO is well aware of the age of the roster, they will build the next roster to make a repeat possible, then it's up to the players and health to make it happen.

#17 for #24 & G1

Job's done

Not even sure if you'll make it out of the East again, you took advantage of no HCA for no one, good luck winning in boston, toronto and milwaukee next season.

#17 for #24 & G1

Job's done

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast