Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Week 5: Cowboys vs. Giants

This should be an easy win for us, so I expect we will find a way to lose lol.

Donít be so sure. The Giants are 0-4. It their defense isnít bad. They held the Rams to 10 points for most of their game. This game is going to be tougher than you might expect. I would not be surprised if the Cowboys lose this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First team to 6-10 wins the division.

So we just have to hope that Dak didnít have ligament damage. If not, I wonder if he can get back quicker than we thought

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post

The Cowboys are leading the NFC East with just two wins.

The next closest is the Eagles with 1 win, but the Eagles have to face the Ravens, Seahawks, Packers, Saints and Cardinals. Not sure how good the Browns are, but they are also on their schedule. They lost to the Redskins by 10 points, so the Redskins aren't a sure bet for them either.

What do you guys think of Andy Dalton? He seemed to play pretty well under the circumstances. 9 for 11. 10.1 average per pass.

I hope it turns out to be alright for Dak. I hate to see that happen to players, especially in a contract year.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    What do you guys think of Andy Dalton? He seemed to play pretty well under the circumstances. 9 for 11. 10.1 average per pass.
    I think Dalton will be good for us. Heís not as good as Dak, Dalton was never really in the convo for top 5 or even top 10 QB, but he is a dependable starter probably a top 20 guy when he is doing well. So, if our defense can improve to average instead of god-awful then we should be able to win the division. Iím not sure what we can expect beyond that though in terms of playoff success. A lot just depends on if our defense can improve.

Dalton should perform well with the weapons we have for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    I hope it turns out to be alright for Dak. I hate to see that happen to players, especially in a contract year.
    Yeah me too, really sucks for him. He should still get paid but Iím just not really sure what his next contract will look like. I imagine the Cowboys would still be happy to give him what they offered before but they wonít go near Mahomes money now

Time to rebuild. Can't count on Dak being here all of next season. I know a lot of athletes have overcome this injury but everyone is different and everyone recovers differently. I know the players will play hard but we weren't going anywhere in the playoffs with Dak as great as hes been, no defense and no starting tackles. So winning the crappiest division, maybe ever by default with 5/6 wins isn't an option, its not an accomplishment. you win 5 games and the east you picking 21st in the draft. You lose the division with five wins and you are likely picking top 10, we have all these comp picks coming our way next draft, you can move on from Cooper after next year, and for sure after the 22 season and get something back for him.

We could use a Parsons but he will go top five if not top 3 after the QBs maybe before one of them if the giants are picking in the top 2. We wont know for a while how this will affect Daks career. We can cite recoveries from comparable injuries but no two people are alike not even twins. We might need a QB. If we dont need a QB we need defense and you can make a case we need OL too as its getting old, expensive and injury prone.

Just tank. For the love of god tank! No coaching change is going to make this roster good enough to win it all. Start the rookie at QB from here on out. unload whoever you can even if its for conditional picks in Woods, Chido (I know hes got injury issues) Aldon Smith too. I know hes been our best player this year on defense but odds of us giving him a new deal if he played well all year were already slim with the need to sign Dak long term or just tagging him before the injury. IMO he was always a NE special. Bring them in if they give you stuff then great, let them move on and get the comp pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post

lol who gives a crap. the goal isn't to get in then get stomped out once you get in. i hope we win no more than two more game for the remainder of the year. and to the other poster who quoted you we have to play the same teams the eagles do too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I think Dalton will be good for us. Heís not as good as Dak, Dalton was never really in the convo for top 5 or even top 10 QB, but he is a dependable starter probably a top 20 guy when he is doing well. So, if our defense can improve to average instead of god-awful then we should be able to win the division. Iím not sure what we can expect beyond that though in terms of playoff success. A lot just depends on if our defense can improve.

Dalton should perform well with the weapons we have for sure.
    He looked good on those two throws to Gallup, especially that final one that set up the winning field goal. Maybe, with this receiving core, he might put up big numbers. He was 9/11 and racked up 111 yards in a little over a quarter.

Who are they going to bring in for a backup? That's the biggest question right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken McNugz View Post
    lol who gives a crap. the goal isn't to get in then get stomped out once you get in. i hope we win no more than two more game for the remainder of the year. and to the other poster who quoted you we have to play the same teams the eagles do too.
    I was just stating a fact, not what I think the Cowboys should do. 6-10 is going to win this sorry *** division.

I agree that whoever comes in second in the division is likely picking in the top 10 when the winner of the division (at 6-10) will likely be picking between 20-25. It would be best for the Cowboys to lose the division and get the highest pick possible.

The Eagles are showing life but even with Dak out I think the Cowboys will end up winning the division. The only thing that prevents that is if Dalton gets hurt too. The team is not going to tank purposely.

With that said I still think Jerry has been trying to organically tank. He canít come out and say, weíre tanking the season. The players would never go for it. If anything theyíre going to play harder now that Dak is out. So Jerry has to find a way to tank organically. What better way to do that than to hire a crap defensive coaching staff that doesnít fit the personnel. Heís not going to fire Nolan or any of the coaches based on what heís been saying. In fact he thinks theyíre right on course. No problem with the players effort or coaching (according to Jerry, Stephen, and MM).

The tell for me is that until Dakís injury Jerry sounds happy. There is no angst in his voice when he talks about the team.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Who are they going to bring in for a backup? That's the biggest question right now.
    Thatís a great question. Do they bring in a vet backup? Whoís available? Or do they just roll with DeNucci as the backup?

Dalton is not as mobile as Dak and our OL is still really ******. There is a chance that Dalton doesnít make it through the season too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast