Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Trump backs out of next presidential debate

President Trump says he won't participate in a virtual town hall, after the independent commission that runs presidential debates announced that next week's scheduled event would be virtual for health and safety reasons.

His decision set off a back-and-forth between the major-party presidential campaigns about the remaining debates, with the Democratic nominee, Joe Biden, scheduling a separate town hall.

"I'm not going to do a virtual debate," Trump told Fox Business anchor Maria Bartiromo on Thursday morning, calling the format "a waste of time."

His comments came soon after the Commission on Presidential Debates announced the format change, which it said was made "to protect the health and safety of all involved." The Oct. 15 town hall was set for Miami.

Instead, Trump and Biden — along with all the town hall participants — would be in in separate, remote locations, the commission said.

Thursday morning's interview was Trump's first since returning from the hospital Monday to receive the rest of his treatment for COVID-19 at the White House.

Trump told Bartiromo that he had no advance notice of the change.

Bill Stepien, Trump's campaign manager — who also has tested positive for the coronavirus — rebuked what he called the commission's "unilateral declaration."

"For the swamp creatures at the Presidential Debate Commission to now rush to Joe Biden's defense by unilaterally canceling an in-person debate is pathetic," he said in a statement. "The safety of all involved can easily be achieved without canceling a chance for voters to see both candidates go head to head. We'll pass on this sad excuse to bail out Joe Biden and do a rally instead."

The Biden campaign quickly fired back.

"Joe Biden was prepared to accept the CPD's proposal for a virtual Town Hall, but the President has refused, as Donald Trump clearly does not want to face questions from the voters about his failures on COVID and the economy," Biden deputy campaign manager Kate Bedingfield said in a statement. "As a result, Joe Biden will find an appropriate place to take questions from voters directly on October 15th, as he has done on several occasions in recent weeks."
    https://www.npr.org/2020/10/08/92153...ommission-says

What a baby

Grow a pair Donnie
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

You guys think he's scared? I just think he'd find it harder to try and bully Joe if they're not in the same room.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    You guys think he's scared? I just think he'd find it harder to try and bully Joe if they're not in the same room.
    Sounds like you are describing a form of fear as well. He's scared his shady tactics won't fly (oof....tough callback for Pence) so well in a virtual format.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Sounds like you are describing a form of fear as well. He's scared his shady tactics won't fly (oof....tough callback for Pence) so well in a virtual format.
    well, I guess there's that...most bullies are actually scared of something and that's their reaction
    either way, bullying works better in person
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I think Donald Trump's entire life is run on fear
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    I think Donald Trump's entire life is run on fear
    Covering up fear and spreading fear are definitely two things he's experienced at.

What a wuss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I just don’t think he knows how to zoom.

Dems don't want Joe speaking again without a teleprompter.

I would probably say it's a bit of both. It will definitely make him look even worse if they're doing a virtual debate and he won't stop talking to let Joe answer than it did during the first debate.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Reoublicans dont want Trump speaking period.

I'd say that's worse.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    You’re gullible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Reoublicans dont want Trump speaking period.

I'd say that's worse.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That's just not true. lol

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast