Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,375

    BREAKING: Blackhawks will NOT resign Crawford.

    Crow is officially gone:


    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    9,002
    Damn, hope he winds up in Florida.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS


    "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"


    try not to laugh
    "Iím not a ham-fisted nitwit."
    -Stork


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    7,669
    Looking past the emotion which comes with the decision, in the long run probably the right move. At some point they need to see what Delia and Lankinen a good look at the NHL level. No questioning he has a cemented legacy in Chicago, but for the future of the organization this was the best move. Potentially gives Crawford another chance to chase maybe one more cup and give the team a chance to see what they have in the future. Probably won't be the last vet on the move this off-season. They seem very commited to getting younger. All I think Hawks fans can do is say "thank you Corey for the awesome years."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,505
    Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Looking past the emotion which comes with the decision, in the long run probably the right move. At some point they need to see what Delia and Lankinen a good look at the NHL level. No questioning he has a cemented legacy in Chicago, but for the future of the organization this was the best move. Potentially gives Crawford another chance to chase maybe one more cup and give the team a chance to see what they have in the future. Probably won't be the last vet on the move this off-season. They seem very commited to getting younger. All I think Hawks fans can do is say "thank you Corey for the awesome years."
    As much as I'm bummed over this, I agree.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,375
    Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Looking past the emotion which comes with the decision, in the long run probably the right move. At some point they need to see what Delia and Lankinen a good look at the NHL level. No questioning he has a cemented legacy in Chicago, but for the future of the organization this was the best move. Potentially gives Crawford another chance to chase maybe one more cup and give the team a chance to see what they have in the future. Probably won't be the last vet on the move this off-season. They seem very commited to getting younger. All I think Hawks fans can do is say "thank you Corey for the awesome years."
    Well said. I agree 100% with everything you said.

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,505
    I was at the Roenick and Belfour Heritage Nights and appreciated the organization recognizing our stars from the past who don't have their numbers in the rafters. If they give such an honor to Corey Crawford, or if they retire #50, I will be there to show my appreciation for what he meant to the Chicago Blackhawks. One of my all-time favorites.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I was at the Roenick and Belfour Heritage Nights and appreciated the organization recognizing our stars from the past who don't have their numbers in the rafters. If they give such an honor to Corey Crawford, or if they retire #50, I will be there to show my appreciation for what he meant to the Chicago Blackhawks. One of my all-time favorites.
    Iím sure theyíre going to hang #50 in the rafters. Such a huge part of our Cup runs. One of the top 5 goalies in the history of the Blackhawks org.

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Depaul
    Posts
    2,281
    Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Looking past the emotion which comes with the decision, in the long run probably the right move. At some point they need to see what Delia and Lankinen a good look at the NHL level. No questioning he has a cemented legacy in Chicago, but for the future of the organization this was the best move. Potentially gives Crawford another chance to chase maybe one more cup and give the team a chance to see what they have in the future. Probably won't be the last vet on the move this off-season. They seem very commited to getting younger. All I think Hawks fans can do is say "thank you Corey for the awesome years."
    This signals to me we are rebuilding. If I were Kane or Toews, I would be so pissed. I don't think you can just hope one of your young goalies is good when you have multiple hall of famers/cup winners. Maybe Bowman should try surrounding them with some semblance of talent...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,505
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Iím sure theyíre going to hang #50 in the rafters. Such a huge part of our Cup runs. One of the top 5 goalies in the history of the Blackhawks org.
    I hope so because he deserves to have his number up there. A lot of fans donít remember how deserving he was of the Conn Smythe in 2013. I love that Kane made it a point to say that during the rally. Even more fans dogged him in 2015 when he was benched for Darling. He bounced back huge. So many nights he was the best player on the ice. One of the most underappreciated players youíll find on any team. Man, I love Crow! Always will.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,505
    Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    This signals to me we are rebuilding. If I were Kane or Toews, I would be so pissed. I don't think you can just hope one of your young goalies is good when you have multiple hall of famers/cup winners. Maybe Bowman should try surrounding them with some semblance of talent...
    Wonít happen, but I want Stan canned and Tallon brought back. He built a damn good team in Florida. Itís incredible how badly theyíve underachieved.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Depaul
    Posts
    2,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Wonít happen, but I want Stan canned and Tallon brought back. He built a damn good team in Florida. Itís incredible how badly theyíve underachieved.
    Would love to have Tallon back, I don't know how his reputation isn't higher around the league.

    Crawford is massively underappreciated like you said. This season, especially the playoffs, could have been so much worse if Crawford wasn't there. I've never seen since I started watching hockey the number of high quality chances the Hawks gave up. If we didn't have Lehner and Crawford around since Colliton started coaching, I wouldn't be surprised if we were giving up an extra goal+ a game. Next year might be scary bad.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,505
    Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Would love to have Tallon back, I don't know how his reputation isn't higher around the league.

    Crawford is massively underappreciated like you said. This season, especially the playoffs, could have been so much worse if Crawford wasn't there. I've never seen since I started watching hockey the number of high quality chances the Hawks gave up. If we didn't have Lehner and Crawford around since Colliton started coaching, I wouldn't be surprised if we were giving up an extra goal+ a game. Next year might be scary bad.
    Both of them masked just how pitiful our defense really was. I agree, we're going to find out how scary bad they are.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    21,598
    Tough to read this.. he was crucial for the two cups they won with him as the netminder.. man this sucks but understandable. Best of luck to him and he will surely be in the Hawks hall of fame some day soon.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    28,083
    Gonna miss crow. Glad they moved on.



    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,505
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Gonna miss crow. Glad they moved on.



    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Why? The goaltending situation as it stands is total ****.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •