Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I'd rather not trade a 1st for Matt Ryan. That's an all in type of move and I'm not sure he's a guy that gets you over the top anymore.

And his cap hit is $41M next year lol. **** that.
    I was not aware of the cap hit (Which really would be impossible to absorb The point is the same though. Im just tired of the QB games. Darnold.... Haskins.... Its all the same banking on hope. Just go get your Jay cutler. It may be too late just like it was for the bears in 2009. But This year if you could get capable QB play are we not contending for a superbowl?

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Not that they would, but if you're going for veterans Stafford is who you target.
    i would be all over stafford too. But zero way they trade him to us in division.

We couldn't afford Stafford either without a restructure and the Lions can't afford to take a 25 mil dead cap to go 0-16 again.

I agree Stafford is underrated but I still believe Matt Ryan is more of a sure fire thing than Stafford. Definitely would pass on Haskin's and Darnold unless they can be had for a 4th or higher. Pace drafts gems in the late rounds.

Since this forum is slow and everyone is talking about these dream trades. Who on here would give our 2021, 2022 and 2023 first round pick to acquire Rogers from GB next year?

I would definitely do it. With Love waiting to take the reins I think GB would be inclined to bite. But at Rogers age how many years does he have left? Brady's 43. I can see Rogers playing until maybe 42?

I know this may never happen but always had the thought of Rogers with the Bears would be unstoppable.

As for the team we have now we need to try to pickup an OL to replace Daniels and we need to cut Leno and maybe replace him by trade or whomever. He's a liability out there. I think Foles will do good this season if he doesn't get hurt but that's a big if.

Both Ryan and Stafford would be improvement over what the Bears currently have but it does not solve the long term problem at the position. I would not give up another higher than a 3rd for either guy.
    Screw sabermetics.

I may be off my wagon on this one..... But hear me out

Would anyone trade a 2nd for Stafford/Ryan and then Sell them this offseason for a 3rd?

DS837 and and GOAT Brought up a huge issue which is financial. We Cant even afford Arob right now pending where the cap is set..... Much less either of these QBs which are Due 40 mil (Ryan) Or $35 mil (Stafford)

BUT....... Am I the only one who feels like we are SOOO ****ING CLOSE to being real contenders. This D has been playing lights out and that is with a bunch of BAD BREAKS and even a Few Injuries going into the season which seem to be clearing up. And The Rok has even Steped in at CB and looked not only Capable but pretty ****ing good. If the Offense can be Half Way Average This team is winning 10-13 Games this year and to me could beat anyone. But that Average offense is a big if the way the QB Situation Stands.

And I get it. The OL is still bellow average.... the Running game isnt exactly good enough to lean on. But that to me is why getting one of these two would be so huge. Stafford and Ryan have led good offenses with Bad Running games. Ryan has played also behind some suspect OL and still been able to produce.

Maybe we should hold out hope for Foles.... He looked OK in spurts vs the Bucs. But the offense needs to be better. Im at a point where if this team does not compete this year it may all be over. We may loose Robinson due to cap constrictions. If not him maybe Hicks..... Fuller or others.

This team has the talent to win a superbowl at least on one side of the ball. If Ryan or Stafford as a 1 year rental to try and make a superbowl push cost a 3rd or 4th round equivalent would it really be that bad? And If we did actually win the superbowl.... yes it would be heartbreaking to have to break it up next year by trading whoever away. But isnt it more heartbreaking to see this defense held back by the offense. And the team may very well have to blow up the defense anyway next offseason if cap is as low as it could be.

Again... it sounds a Bit ridiculous right. Trading for Ryan or Stafford as a Rental. But I seriously want to see this Defense get a real shot to win it all.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Can somebody give me a reason why Nagy has not considered using Mitch in a similar role to that of Taysom Hill of the Saints?
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Can somebody give me a reason why Nagy has not considered using Mitch in a similar role to that of Taysom Hill of the Saints?
    Do you really trust Mitch to run the RPO Well enough? I surely dont think mitch has proven to be the most Sturdy player either to be running a ton of Option plays with him.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Mitch isnít nearly the explosive or aggressive runner that Hill is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually apparently the OL is smack dab in the middle for pass block and run block win rates. Assuming that isnt an end all be all stat tho

Wish it was that easy

Also, I bet they were ranked ahead of that before the last 2 games...
    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Week 5: Chicago Bears (3-1) vs. Tompa Brady Gronkaneers (3-1)

Last edited by Stunner; 10-13-2020 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Actually apparently the OL is smack dab in the middle for pass block and run block win rates. Assuming that isnt an end all be all stat tho

Wish it was that easy

Also, I bet they were ranked ahead of that before the last 2 games...
    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    At the end of the day the OTs are bad and the interior is average at best. That equates to a below average OL

I donít think Pace would commit that kind of money to RB when he just extended the great Tarik Cohen. Bell would be great, but wouldnít we rather keep watching Montgomery rush 15 times for 25 yards

Iíd swap a bad contract out tho for sure. They can have Robert Quinn.

Also Iím convinced people havenít seen Darnold play lol heís trash to the 10th degree just like Mitch heís a 1st read QB when that breaks down he has no ability to make **** happen

Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast