Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Someone mentioned kindergarten. I feel like this game is going to be like one of those grade school aptitude tests. We're going to find out if we're ready to take advanced arithmetic courses, or if it's back to crayons, Captain Kangaroo and the Sweet Pickles bus for us.
    Not sure many in here know about the Captain Kangaroo, sweet pickles bus reference. You're dating yourself. Some may not even know crayons. These days you tap the colors on the iPad and select what area you want to paste the color to. What are these crayons you speak of... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    If he doesn't fumble.
    LoL...He won't against us. Not our luck

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Malik Collins is not practicing and Maurice Hurst is on the covid list. Our DL was already mediocre with those 2. It might be just get worse Sunday
    You guys ever miss Tommy Kelly and Terdell Sands?...

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    You guys ever miss Tommy Kelly and Terdell Sands?...
    Good times haha

I liked Tommy Kelly. He was probably better than any DT on the current roster

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Actually, it could. Season ending injuries to Waller, Jacobs or Carr would end any notion of this team being able to compete with anyone this season. I know everyone is looking to the "soft" part of our schedule to make hay, but the truth is this team right now is as soft as those teams that we think we'll cakewalk through. Take away any of our starters and we're done. Pack-it-in-start-scouting-the-top-4-picks-in-the-draft done.
    So we are 2-2. Might be 2-3 soon. There is a big difference between facing kc, Patriots, bills and saints than the jets, dolphins, broncosx2 and chargersx2. We should get Trent, Richie, Ruggs, edwards, kwaitkoski and Arnette back soon. We will make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by cykoraider View Post
    Waller and Jacobs I agree. However, I don't think Carr is that big a loss. Mariota is equal if not an upgrade.
    Huh? Mariota sucked in camp, sucked in practice, constantly broken. Underthrows and has bad timed throws. This is the dumbest statement I have seen on here. Wow

Quote Originally Posted by GeniusLoci View Post
    It would be interesting to go back through our draft threads over the years, and look at the polls we usually take to see which players we wanted in the draft, etc... it really feels like we, on the forum, as a collective, probably would have made the better and more impactful picks (purely based on the poll results) than what the Raiders ended up picking.
    We had a lot of folks wanting great players during drafts. Good example, when we drafted Ferrell a ton of us wanted josh Allen. Saw a lot of folks who wanted devin bush and devin white, who are amazing players.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    We had a lot of folks wanting great players during drafts. Good example, when we drafted Ferrell a ton of us wanted josh Allen. Saw a lot of folks who wanted devin bush and devin white, who are amazing players.
    I would’ve wanted white, although understood that the regime probably wasn’t spending a top 4 pick on a linebacker. Didn’t want Allen as it didn’t seem he would do well being a full-time, hand in the ground defensive end. Looks like I was wrong on that.

The thing is, if we bring in good defensive free agents and they suck here, it seems like a systemic problem, and we have to remember that means that other rookies could just have easily been worse playing for us.

Huh? Mariota sucked in camp, sucked in practice, constantly broken. Underthrows and has bad timed throws. This is the dumbest statement I have seen on here. Wow
    aGREED x2... He couldn't do **** in Tenn? What makes him a superstar here? Carr beat Mariota... Worst signing of the offseason.. And the money they gave him is crazy... Makes you question Gruden and Mayock

So we are 2-2. Might be 2-3 soon. There is a big difference between facing kc, Patriots, bills and saints than the jets, dolphins, broncosx2 and chargersx2. We should get Trent, Richie, Ruggs, edwards, kwaitkoski and Arnette back soon. We will make the playoffs.
    We’ve had a penchant for making scrubs like Geno Smith, Nick Mullen, Sam Darnold(still like him but he’s not lived up to his selection, but it’s the Jets, so I give him a pass), look like Joe Montana. There are no easy wins with the Raiders. The Raiders were 6-4 and then the putrid Jets dismantled them and then down the drain went the season. I don’t pencil in any win, even if they play a Pop Warner team.

I fam president of the #JoshAllen2Raiders bandwagon. Who wants to join me?
    N. Cog Neato, Vallejo Raiders, Plunkett4HoF, Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Good times haha

I liked Tommy Kelly. He was probably better than any DT on the current roster
    Kelly made his presence known in big spots. The game has changed a little since then, but I would give him a shot in this day/age. One other is Lamar Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    aGREED x2... He couldn't do **** in Tenn? What makes him a superstar here? Carr beat Mariota... Worst signing of the offseason.. And the money they gave him is crazy... Makes you question Gruden and Mayock
    Mariota, witten, (keeping tyrell Williams), Joyner and heath are questionable moves.

Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    We’ve had a penchant for making scrubs like Geno Smith, Nick Mullen, Sam Darnold(still like him but he’s not lived up to his selection, but it’s the Jets, so I give him a pass), look like Joe Montana. There are no easy wins with the Raiders. The Raiders were 6-4 and then the putrid Jets dismantled them and then down the drain went the season. I don’t pencil in any win, even if they play a Pop Warner team.
    That’s last season. No way our team last year could have beaten the saints or Carolina.
    Funny thing is we had so many “good players” added to our d annnnd the d got worse. But our o is better(pretty much keeping us in games) and we have two broken rookies, tyrell is out and the oline hasn’t been good at all. Buuut the o is better

That’s last season. No way our team last year could have beaten the saints or Carolina.
    Funny thing is we had so many “good players” added to our d and the d got worse. But our o is better(pretty much keeping us in games) and we have two broken rookies, tyrell is out and the oline hasn’t been good at all. Buuut the o is better
    We've added talent there's no question but we still lack in the redzone and our defense still sucks.We could of very well been 0-4 had the panthers gone for it on 4th down with mcCaffrey and had the saints had thomas we would of probably lost,we got really lucky on that interception.

This team looks the same to me.

During every draft, as a fanbase we seem to have our favorites, and want the Raiders to draft him... then they pull a shocker and we're just sitting there wondering where it came from... then the shock/denial phase wears off, and the acceptance phase sets in... "The FA knows what they're doing, they're better evaluators than us... etc...." that whole rhetoric. Then a season or two passes, and we realize that as a fanbase we were right, and the FA has no freaking clue what they're doing.

Let's dig in...

2020 draft.
    Pick 12: WR. Henry Ruggs III (most of us wanted CeeDee Lamb, who went 17th to Dallas.)
    Pick 19: CB. Damon Arnette (a major reach, and even our FA knew it. Jury's still out though.)

2019 draft
    Pick 4: DE Clelin Ferrell (most of us wanted Josh Allen)
    Pick 24: RB Josh Jacobs
    Pick 27: S Jonathan Abram
    Pick 40: CB Trayvon Mullen

2018 draft
    Pick 15: OT Kolton Miller (we had the 10th pick in this draft, traded to Arizona for the 15th pick)
    Minkah Fitzpatrick got picked 11th, Vita Vea 12th, Marcus Davenport 14th, Derwin James 17th, Jair Alexander, Vander esch 18 and 19 respectively.
    Pick 57 in 2nd round: P.J. Hall... we all know how that ended.
    Pick 65 in 3rd round: Brand Parker. turnstile.

2017 draft
    Pick 24: CB Gareon Conley. Jabrill Peppers got picked 25th, Tre'DAvious White picked 27th, T.J. Watt picked 30th.
    Pick 56 in round 2: Obi Melifonwu. lol.... lol. JuJu Smith Schuster picked 62nd. Alving Kamara 67th.
    Pick 88 in round 3: Eddie Vanderdoes.

2016 draft
    Pick 14: Karl Joseph.
    Pick 44 round 2: Jihad Ward.!!
    Pick 75 round 3: Shalique Calhoun
    Pick 100 round 4: Connor Cook.

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast