Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Allen had McCaffery, DJ Moore, Curtis Samuel, and Greg Olsen. Haskins had Scary Terry.
    I canít give Haskins the benefit of the doubt.

Allen had McCaffery, DJ Moore, Curtis Samuel, and Greg Olsen. Haskins had Scary Terry.
    What? Dude when you're talking about Cam it's all about how he didn't have any weapons. So did Kyle Allen not have weapons or did Cam actually have weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I canít give Haskins the benefit of the doubt.
    I never liked him as a prospect, but there's not many QBs who would thrive with that OL and those weapons. Unless they have some hidden talent that's going to come out of nowhere, that offense is basically just an overrated RT, an underrated WR, and 9 JAGs.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    What? Dude when you're talking about Cam it's all about how he didn't have any weapons. So did Kyle Allen not have weapons or did Cam actually have weapons?
    Did Cam play with those guys as a unit? Not really.

Moore: didn't see starters reps until half way through 2018, and he was just a rookie.

Samuel: missed most of his rookie year and the first chunk of 2018.

CMC: split time with Stewart as a rookie in 2017, then went off in 2018.

Olsen: injured in 2017 and 2018.

The few games that Cam did play with most of those guys, he had 26 TDs/7 INTs in 11 games before ****ing up his shoulder.

Cam didn't have weapons 90% of his time in Carolina, but we've built a nasty group in the last 3 years. I would say we might have the best WR trio in the league, plus McCaffery.

I never liked him as a prospect, but there's not many QBs who would thrive with that OL and those weapons. Unless they have some hidden talent that's going to come out of nowhere, that offense is basically just an overrated RT, an underrated WR, and 9 JAGs.
    What your saying makes sense. Especially in this situation. Not all situations are equal. Iím just think that a lot of people overate surrounding talent. It should be weighed but not as heavily as some here use it.

Did Cam play with those guys as a unit? Not really.

Moore: didn't see starters reps until half way through 2018, and he was just a rookie.

Samuel: missed most of his rookie year and the first chunk of 2018.

CMC: split time with Stewart as a rookie in 2017, then went off in 2018.

Olsen: injured in 2017 and 2018.

The few games that Cam did play with most of those guys, he had 26 TDs/7 INTs in 11 games before ****ing up his shoulder.

Cam didn't have weapons 90% of his time in Carolina, but we've built a nasty group in the last 3 years. I would say we might have the best WR trio in the league, plus McCaffery.
    Before those guys came in Cam had Steve Smith, a top 5 TE in the game, and arguably the best running back combo in the league. I always thought that you were talking about later in his career and how he didn't have talent around him because Smith, Williams, and Stewart were all gone.

A really bizarre decision IMO. The WFT is unlikely to be good this year regardless of who they put behind center. Roll with your first round pick QB for the whole season and see how he does. Allen isn't the future, Haskins still has a chance to be.

As MGJ said, Daniel Jones has been worse but the Giants aren't so stupid as to pull the rug out from under him yet. It usually takes time for QBs to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Before those guys came in Cam had Steve Smith, a top 5 TE in the game, and arguably the best running back combo in the league. I always thought that you were talking about later in his career and how he didn't have talent around him because Smith, Williams, and Stewart were all gone.
    Cam had Smith from 2011 to 2013. The RBs were a waste after 2011 because we didn't have enough carries to go around (added Cam and Tolbert) especially when we were passing 30+ times per game.

Stewart missed 26 games from 2011 to 2016 and was a total liability in 2017. With Cam he only had 1000+ combined yards in 2011 and 2015. Stewart could've been special if he could stay healthy and we had an OL.

D-Will missed 11 games in 4 years with Cam and only had 1000+ combined yards once. He was poorly utilized and kept way too long. Hes yet another offensive player Carolina ruined, evident by his resurgence in PIT.

Olsen is honestly the only consistent weapon Cam's had long-term. His third best weapon IMO was probably Ginn and he only had him for 3 years as well. Dude had a constant revolving door at WR in his career, mostly full of JAGs.

Just to clarify how bad Dave Gettlman was, here's what Cams surroundings went from in 2013 to 2014:

WR Smith
    WR LaFell
    WR Ginn
    TE Olsen
    LT Gross
    LG Wharton
    C Kalil
    RG Chris Scott (bad)
    RT Byron Bell (horrible)

WR Colossal waste of space Kelvin Benjamin
    WR Jericho Cotchery
    WR UDFA Philly Brown
    TE Olsen
    LT Byron Bell (worst I've ever seen)
    LG rookie Amini Silatolu (bust)
    C Kalil
    RG some random nobody
    RT a converted DT who was horrible

Our 2013 surrounding talent was pretty solid.

If Washington gets the #2 or #3 overall pick do they go with Justin Fields, another Ohio St QB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    If Washington gets the #2 or #3 overall pick do they go with Justin Fields, another Ohio St QB?

They're a bad franchise, so probably.

If you still believe in developing Haskins you keep him in there. If you are trying to win you put smith in. Really puzzling

Jones backup is colt McCoy nothing to see there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    A really bizarre decision IMO. The WFT is unlikely to be good this year regardless of who they put behind center. Roll with your first round pick QB for the whole season and see how he does. Allen isn't the future, Haskins still has a chance to be.

As MGJ said, Daniel Jones has been worse but the Giants aren't so stupid as to pull the rug out from under him yet. It usually takes time for QBs to develop.
    even at 1-3 coaches still think they have a shot at winning the division bc the NFCE is horrible. I understand the switch from their reasoning, but it takes them out of the running for Lawrence.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    The jets are extra motivated to be stanky this year for Lawrence. I think they want to go 0-16 to be honest so any team trying to get in the Lawrence sweepstakes has to be winless
    nobody is going 0-16 this year. 2/3 wins is going to get a team #1 overall this year
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    nobody is going 0-16 this year. 2/3 wins is going to get a team #1 overall this year
    Who are the jets going to beat? They don't get to play themselves....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast