Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Week 5: Miami Dolphins (1-3) @ San Francisco 49ers (2-2)

Dolphins injury update: Austin Jackson, Shaq Lawson and Durham Smythe not participating in practice today. Byron Jones is practicing at least in a limited capacity after missing last 2 games with groin injury.

Flo said Jackson has a chance to practice tomorrow.

Both Bobby and DVP practiced with no restrictions.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Man, let Jones sit another week. SF doesn't have any super WRs we need to worry about, just Kittle. Howard can cover Deebo. Could be a FG fest with these two teams lol.

Jesse Davis mentioned that he took reps at LT and RT today. Davenport was fine on Sunday but I was always curious if they would flip Jesse and play Hunt at RT. You get your 5 best guys on the field, even if it means flipping Hunt or Davis.

Seems like Byron Jones will be playing this week. Im sure Flo wouldn't play him if they were worried about the groin getting reinjured, but with the 49ers defense I can see them eating on crossing routes all day.

Austin Jackson to IR for a minimum of 3 weeks according to Barry Jackson.

You don't want to play around with a foot injury. Hopefully its a short term stint because I would hate to see his development get screwed up. But Flores said there is no timetable at the moment and they are looking at long term solutions.

On top of that Shaq Lawson and Durham Smythe are out this week. Grant is questionable with an illness (not covid related). Malcom Perry has been out with an illness as well so Im assuming whatever Tua had made its way around.

If Grant is out I would expect to see more of Bowden and maybe more of Breida.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 10-09-2020 at 01:00 PM.

Breida should be used more heavily anyways. Gaskin and Breida should be getting the bulk of the carries, with Howard sprinkled in.

Sucks for Jackson, kid was coming along just fine too. If anything, maybe keep him out until the bye week. Make sure it heals. I'd love to see Hunt get some reps at RT with Davis flipping to LT.

Read somewhere Byron Jones is back to almost full strength. One step forward, two steps back apparently for our team.

The team had been very lucky with injuries so far so it was bound to happen.

If I had to guess, Davenport starts at LT and they only make the drastic switch if he sucks. He wasn't terrible last week so I wouldn't blame them for going this way. Plus with Smythe being out this week I would expect to see a lot of 6 lineman packages.

Lawson being out probably means more Seiler and AVG which is great. Both needed more playing time

ESPN's Cameron Wolfe reports LT Austin Jackson (foot, IR) is expected to miss more than three weeks.

It means he won't return in Week 8 when first eligible. Coach Brian Flores said he's looking for a "long-term replacement" for Jackson, suggesting he's not a lock to return this year. The Dolphins will either turn to Julie'n Davenport at left tackle or move RT Jesse Davis to the blindside, with rookie Robert Hunt entering the starting lineup.

SOURCE: ESPN
    Oct 10, 2020, 11:45 AM ET

Dolphins Broncos in week 6 has been postponed. With the Patriots having yet another positive test today, the NFL has decided to move the Pats Broncos game back a week and the Dolphins will now have a bye week. There has been no report of when the Dolphins Broncos game will be pushed back to.

I 100% have no faith that the season actually finishes out, but if they do cancel it, they better do it when the Texans pick is super high

This would also give Jackson extra time to heal and might lead to Tua if Fitz has another bad game today

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Dolphins Broncos in week 6 has been postponed. With the Patriots having yet another positive test today, the NFL has decided to move the Pats Broncos game back a week and the Dolphins will now have a bye week. There has been no report of when the Dolphins Broncos game will be pushed back to.

I 100% have no faith that the season actually finishes out, but if they do cancel it, they better do it when the Texans pick is super high

This would also give Jackson extra time to heal and might lead to Tua if Fitz has another bad game today
    Currently they are almost surely going to have to add another week or 2 between week 17 and the playoffs. With so many players and coaches on each team I can't envision even 1 team going the entire season without having positive tests. As each team has a bye it will be almost impossible to reshuffle the schedule and not have games wiped out.

According to ESPN. The Dolphins will now have a bye next week and the Dolphins vs Broncos will be moved to week 11. Broncos and Chargers game scheduled week 11 will now be moved to week 8.

Interestingly the Chargers play the Jaguars week 8 and the Jaguars have a week 7 Bye. The Dolphins play the Chargers week 7 which hints to the possibility the Dolphins might see another game shuffled besides just the Broncos game.

Update: our bye is now officially next week and we will play the Broncos week 11 between the Jets games.

Sucks losing a late bye. Plus there was still a chance that Drew Lock was out next week. But like I mentioned, this might get Tua in earlier and gives guys like Jones and Jackson to get back sooner

Dolphins inactives:

#10 RB/WR Malcolm Perry
    #26 RB Salvon Ahmed
    #34 RB Jordan Howard
    #58 DE Jason Strowbridge
    #81 TE Durham Smythe
    #90 DE Shaq Lawson

Nuts that Strowbridge was so talked about so much by our staff during camp and he can't even get on the field with Lawson hurt. Instead a UDFA in Tyshun Render who was just called up from the PS is active over him.

Will be interested to see the backfield. Hoping Brieda gets more touches but with only 2 RBs and a FB I could see Bowden getting some work.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 10-11-2020 at 02:42 PM.

BIGGER DOUBLE EDIT:

Dolphins now play the Jets next week. The Chargers game is moved to week 10 and the Broncos game is now week 11.

So I think week 7 is now our bye week?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast