Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    At the end the day, the loss is probably a good thing. This team is probably too young and beat up to make any legit playoff run. Id rather see this team just be competitive and see the young players improve. The last two weeks, weve seen that. As long as the young guys develop, well be fine going forward, especially with a high draft pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

lol this team should be 3-2 with two impressive wins over TN and SEA. We dominated this game outside of about 5 minutes. Just un****ing believable. I don't really have a problem with the 4th down play call. It was wide ****ing open but Mattison simply just missed the HUGE hole to the outside that he walks into the endzone and that being the game.

Probably wouldn't have mattered anyways but that last play of the game was not a fumble but it's not like we'd expected a call to go our way anyways.

I don't like to lose, especially the way it happened the last two but we are seeing some growth and some really good things from some players that would give us some huge expectations for next year. Our biggest issues for next year are going to be OG, 3T and safety (maybe Tackle once Reiff is likely gone due to Cap reasons).

Expecting us to likely pick in the top 15 we should be able to grab a 3T or a Guard to start day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    At the end the day, the loss is probably a good thing. This team is probably too young and beat up to make any legit playoff run. Id rather see this team just be competitive and see the young players improve. The last two weeks, weve seen that. As long as the young guys develop, well be fine going forward, especially with a high draft pick.

Exactly. Don't mind the loss at all. We aren't going anywhere this year. Get the guys experience and I really believe we could have a 2019 49er rebound next year if we end up with a top 10 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I don't like to lose, especially the way it happened the last two but we are seeing some growth and some really good things from some players that would give us some huge expectations for next year. Our biggest issues for next year are going to be OG, 3T and safety (maybe Tackle once Reiff is likely gone due to Cap reasons).

Expecting us to likely pick in the top 15 we should be able to grab a 3T or a Guard to start day 1.
    Luckily I believe this draft is well stocked with those three things we need in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Luckily I believe this draft is well stocked with those three things we need in the first round.
    It is. Even if we miss out on a top QB, very good chance we can end up with a good OL prospect. A guard isnt a sexy pick but Im already zeroing in on Wyatt Davis. Not quiet Quenton Nelson good but not too far off either.

2020 Vikings Draft:

It is. Even if we miss out on a top QB, very good chance we can end up with a good OL prospect. A guard isnt a sexy pick but Im already zeroing in on Wyatt Davis. Not quiet Quenton Nelson good but not too far off either.

I'm with ya. Look what Nelson did for the Colts Oline. If we can get half of what he did it will be like night and day for our Oline. We get Davis and throw him next to Bradbury and have Cleveland/O'neill be at LT/RT. Our line will be set.

Looks like if the draft was held today we would be picking 5th
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

I think we need to come away from the 2021 draft with our franchise QB. Whether we have to trade up or not.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I think we need to come away from the 2021 draft with our franchise QB. Whether we have to trade up or not.
    Without a 2021 2nd round pick I don't know we have the ammo without a mega trade of multiple 1st rounders like the Rg3 and Goff.

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Yeah I agree. If we end up picking around where we are, odds are Fields will be gone and obviously Lawrence. If we can move on from Cousins, Ill be very eager to hear how the team feels about Lance. Would be a really good story if we picked him. Born in Minnesota and playing for NDSU.

2020 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Without a 2021 2nd round pick I don't know we have the ammo without a mega trade of multiple 1st rounders like the Rg3 and Goff.
    Depending on where we finish, we may not have to trade up. Not every good QB prospect is a guarantee to go towards the top. Excluding Tua because of an injury but look at where some of these QBs went:

Justin Herbert 6th
    Daniel Jones 6th
    Dwayne Haskins 15th
    Josh Allen 7th
    Josh Rosen 10th
    Lamar Jackson 32
    Patrick Mahomes 10th
    Deshaun Watson 12th

With other star prospects like Sewell, Parsons, and Chase, Trey Lance could find himself going somewhere between 3-10, depending on how well his draft process goes. I expect it will go well.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

It would be nice if Kirk restructured his contract.

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    It would be nice if Kirk restructured his contract.
    There is only so many ways someone can restructure and if you mean take less, then that just is not going to happen. The only possible scenario where we move on from Kirk would be a trade. And it would likely be one where we would not getting much, if anything in return, due to the contract.

I think two teams could be in play here and that is SF and Cleveland. SF will likely move on from Jimmy after this year. Cleveland has the cap room to make that move.

Regardless, the FO knew this year would be a challenging year to compete. I feel they are setting themselves up to make a run next year with Kirk.

Depending on where we finish, we may not have to trade up. Not every good QB prospect is a guarantee to go towards the top. Excluding Tua because of an injury but look at where some of these QBs went:

Justin Herbert 6th
    Daniel Jones 6th
    Dwayne Haskins 15th
    Josh Allen 7th
    Josh Rosen 10th
    Lamar Jackson 32
    Patrick Mahomes 10th
    Deshaun Watson 12th

With other star prospects like Sewell, Parsons, and Chase, Trey Lance could find himself going somewhere between 3-10, depending on how well his draft process goes. I expect it will go well.
    Speaking of ... if the Washington Football team did indeed want to trade Dwayne Haskins and he can be had for a mid round would you take the chance?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast