Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the G.O.A.T. at their absolute peak?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Julius Erving

1 14.29%
  • James Harden

2 28.57%
  • Karl Malone

1 14.29%
  • Tracy McGrady

1 14.29%
  • Clyde Drexler

1 14.29%
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo

0 0%
  • Reggie Miller

0 0%
  • Elgin Baylor

0 0%
  • Rick Barry

0 0%
  • Isiah Thomas

0 0%
  • Scottie Pippen

0 0%
  • John Havlicek

0 0%
  • Allen Iverson

0 0%
  • Steve Nash

0 0%
  • John Stockton

0 0%
  • Russell Westbrook

0 0%
  • Walt Frazier

0 0%
  • Willis Reed

0 0%
  • Bob McAdoo

0 0%
  • Anthony Davis

1 14.29%
  • Kevin McHale

0 0%
  • Wes Unseld

0 0%
  • Dominique Wilkins

0 0%
  • Grant Hill

0 0%
  • George Gervin

0 0%
  • Bob Cousy

0 0%
  • George Mikan

0 0%
  • Nate "Tiny" Archibald

0 0%
  • Chris Webber

0 0%
  • Chris Paul

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

OFFICIAL G.O.A.T Peak Rankings - #25 (LAST ONE!)

OFFICIAL G.O.A.T Peak Rankings - #24 (Only 2 spots left)
    Generally when discussing the GOAT player it is important that you look at their career. MVPs / Rings / All-NBA Teams / etc. But this ranking throws all that out the window. 1 game. At their absolute best. Who you taking?

#1.) Michael Jordan
    #2.) LeBron James
    #3.) Shaquille O'Neal
    #4.) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    #5.) Wilt Chamberlain
    #6.) Larry Bird
    #7.) Hakeem Olajuwon
    #8.) Magic Johnson
    #9.) Tim Duncan
    #10.) Moses Malone
    #11.) Bill Russell
    #12.) Kawhi Leonard
    #13.) Kevin Durant
    #14.) Stephen Curry
    #15.) Dwyane Wade
    #16.) Kobe Bryant
    #17.) Dirk Nowitzki
    #18.) Kevin Garnett
    #19.) Bill Walton
    #20.) Jerry West
    #21.) Oscar Robertson
    #22.) David Robinson
    #23.) Charles Barkley
    #24.) Patrick Ewing
    #25.)

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

The inclusion of Patrick Ewing in the top 25 only because he got votes from Knicks fans has pretty much invalidated this list for me. But I'll make one more pointless vote for Harden here, even though I know he won't make it (which 25 years from now, will seem absurd to anyone who studies this era of the league).

If it's not the Beard, gimme Dr. J, Giannis or maybe even AD the way this season has played out for him and his legacy.

Dr. J, CP3, and Stockton all have a case to be made. I'll wait until I hear someone make an argument.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Im not sure who to give my final vote to. Id glad we got it right with Ewing but this final slot is tough. Right now I am thinking Dr. J, Mailman, or J Kidd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    The inclusion of Patrick Ewing in the top 25 only because he got votes from Knicks fans has pretty much invalidated this list for me. But I'll make one more pointless vote for Harden here, even though I know he won't make it (which 25 years from now, will seem absurd to anyone who studies this era of the league).

If it's not the Beard, gimme Dr. J, Giannis or maybe even AD the way this season has played out for him and his legacy.
    Says the guy voting for his home town guy every round lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Dr. J seems to be the common denominator so far.

I don't think James Harden should be in consideration. If we are going to go with players who underachieved with talent on their team, I'd go CP3. CP3 may have underachieved but he was a beast in the playoffs on both ends of the ball. Stockton had more postseason success than both of them as well as putting up great numbers. Dr. J was probably the best, but he's old and no one is old enough to have watched him play in his peak.

San Antonio Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    Dr. J seems to be the common denominator so far.

I don't think James Harden should be in consideration. If we are going to go with players who underachieved with talent on their team, I'd go CP3. CP3 may have underachieved but he was a beast in the playoffs on both ends of the ball. Stockton had more postseason success than both of them as well as putting up great numbers. Dr. J was probably the best, but he's old and no one is old enough to have watched him play in his peak.
    Of course he should. No one IN HISTORY has been to be able to out score him with higher efficiency in the regular season. The peak skill set is clearly worthy of top 25 GOAT status. Give him a decade with Scottie Pippen or Shaq and watch what happens.

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Of course he should. No one IN HISTORY has been to be able to out score him with higher efficiency in the regular season. The peak skill set is clearly worthy of top 25 GOAT status. Give him a decade with Scottie Pippen or Shaq and watch what happens.
    I think Harden is a great player, but efficiency in the regular season is one thing... in the playoffs it's an entirely differently thing. While he is above-average efficiency wise in the postseason, he hasn't done as much as the other players I mentioned.

While I LOVE referencing players' efficiency (TS%), using the regular season as the sole reason for a player being in the top 25 peaks is not something I'm willing to do.

Does Adrian Dantley deserve to be in the top 25? Both players averaged over 30 points in their 3-year peak, with Dantley being even more efficient than Harden! In the all time redraft, Dantley is considered a good 6th man (lol, he's extremely underrated, I'll admit).

San Antonio Spurs

I think Harden is a great player, but efficiency in the regular season is one thing... in the playoffs it's an entirely differently thing. While he is above-average efficiency wise in the postseason, he hasn't done as much as the other players I mentioned.

While I LOVE referencing players' efficiency (TS%), using the regular season as the sole reason for a player being in the top 25 peaks is not something I'm willing to do.

Does Adrian Dantley deserve to be in the top 25? Both players averaged over 30 points in their 3-year peak, with Dantley being even more efficient than Harden! In the all time redraft, Dantley is considered a good 6th man (lol, he's extremely underrated, I'll admit).
    At the end of the day, what about his SKILLS do you question?

Kristaps Porzingis

At the end of the day, what about his SKILLS do you question?
    His skills yielded top 20-30 regular season peak level of production, but his overall skillset doesn't (or at least hasn't) yielded wins in the postseason. There are other variables that I can consider, like him facing the GSW. Nevertheless, I remember Portland, an inferior squad, sending James packing, as well as other times James was on talented teams who likewise were sent packing too soon.

I have an easier time explaining why CP3/Stockton deserve this spot than I do Harden. I will 100% agree that James Harden has them beat in the regular-season, but not the postseason. I look at both.

San Antonio Spurs

His skills yielded top 20-30 regular season peak level of production, but his overall skillset doesn't (or at least hasn't) yielded wins in the postseason. There are other variables that I can consider, like him facing the GSW. Nevertheless, I remember Portland, an inferior squad, sending James packing, as well as other times James was on talented teams who likewise were sent packing too soon.

I have an easier time explaining why CP3/Stockton deserve this spot than I do Harden. I will 100% agree that James Harden has them beat in the regular-season, but not the postseason. I look at both.
    If peak Harden got thrown in the 90s with Phil Jackson and Scottie Pippen, what do you think would have happened?

Kristaps Porzingis

Or even more ridiculous, what if peak Harden replaced Kobe on the early 2000s Lakers, what do you think would have happened?

Kristaps Porzingis

Or even more ridiculous, what if peak Harden replaced Kobe on the early 2000s Lakers, what do you think would have happened?
    Probably the same thing that would happen if you replace Kobe with Stockton/CP3 on that early 2000s Lakers.
    Last edited by Redrum187; 10-06-2020 at 03:47 PM.

San Antonio Spurs

An extremely good team that has the potential to be shut down offensively. They could win, or they could not win. I'm not convinced it would be a no brainer against the Jazz.

San Antonio Spurs

An extremely good team that has the potential to be shut down offensively. They could win, or they could not win. I'm not convinced it would be a no brainer against the Jazz.
    You are entitled to your opinion and we may just have to agree to disagree on this one but after all these years of watching Harden it is so clear to me that he's great enough to be a Finals MVP. What this guy has done on the court the last 3 years is just ridiculous from an offensive perspective. An efficient 36.1ppg? Seriously? But because he didn't beat Curry/Klay/Durant/Draymond he has to be relegated to the 2nd tier? Come on! Give him a healthy CP3 or multiple years with right #2 and he gets that 1 or 2 rings. BUT HE DOESNT NEED THAT FOR THIS DEBATE! This isn't his career legacy. It's HOW GOOD IS HE? I want him on my team!

You would take Stockton over Harden? STOCKTON? Because of his defense???? Give Harden 15 years with Karl Malone and watch him win titles. Multiple.

Kristaps Porzingis

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast