Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,014

    Texans fire Bill O'Brien

    Since we own their top two picks I figured I should make a thread.

    Let's hope they hand over duties to a completely unprepared candidate and we don't see the usual 2nd half resurgence from some teams.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,014
    Turns out they're giving the interim spot to Romeo Crennel. So old school guy who has failed a lot, but might be able to rally the team a bit. But I doubt he can suddenly fix everything.

    This might legitimately be a top 10 pick now but I'm conditioned to expect worse. Five bucks say they push for the playoffs and get the 17th pick in the draft or something dumb

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,708
    I'm not so sure HOU can bounce back from this 0-4 hole. Promoting Crennel does nothing for that team. O'Brien was calling offensive plays, so not sure how that's going to work out. I'm not sure that team is going to do anything. David Johnson will probably get hurt at some point, Brandin Cooks sucks again. Watson must be kicking himself for signing that extension right now.

    But hey, they have Tunsil on one of the highest LT contracts in history, a solid 3/4 WR in Kenny Stills, they have David Johnson and Brandin Cooks to build around, and all they had to do was give up were multiple, high end draft picks that would have been cheap and (probably) talented, and one of the best WR in the game in Hopkins cause they didn't want to pay him like a top WR. Yeah, to say O'Brien pooped the bed and put that team in a horrendous spot talent-wise would be an understatement lol.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,014
    Oh they're done, but I'm still expecting them to ruin what should be a top 5 pick, just like Pittsburgh. Watson is just too good. I think at best this is a top 10 pick, but I could easily see them go 7-9 and make it something like 13th or some ****.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    463
    Hou is 0-4 with their remaining schedule of

    Vs Jax
    @ Ten
    Vs GB
    BYE
    @ Jax
    @ Cle
    vs NE
    @ Det
    Vs Ind
    @ Chi
    @ Ind
    Vs Cincy
    Vs Ten

    I think it'll mostly depend on who gets injured for Hou and their opponents but I see a 6-10 to 8-8 record.
    I figure something like
    Split w/ Ten
    Split w/ Indy
    Losses to GB and NE
    The rest are likely wins but they can easily slip up.

    I see no less than 8 losses though.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,708
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Hou is 0-4 with their remaining schedule of

    Vs Jax
    @ Ten
    Vs GB
    BYE
    @ Jax
    @ Cle
    vs NE
    @ Det
    Vs Ind
    @ Chi
    @ Ind
    Vs Cincy
    Vs Ten

    I think it'll mostly depend on who gets injured for Hou and their opponents but I see a 6-10 to 8-8 record.
    I figure something like
    Split w/ Ten
    Split w/ Indy
    Losses to GB and NE
    The rest are likely wins but they can easily slip up.

    I see no less than 8 losses though.
    HOU run defense is probably the worst in the league right now, and that had nothing to do with O'Brien really. That was Romeo, now he is in charge. I think their defense as a whole takes a step back with Crennel having to worry about the entire team now.

    I think they lose both to TEN, because TEN will run all over them, and TEN defense isn't half bad. They have a chance to split with IND, but I also think that IND is a well balanced team on both sides of the ball, and a good chance to beat JAC both times. So in in the division, I see them going 2-4.

    GB & NE i think are both losses. CHI, DET and CLE are actual toss up games really, as CLE has been hot, DET still has a potent offense, and CHI defense is still really good. I think they beat CIN.

    I just don't see HOU winning more than 6 games. I can see them ending at 6-10. That team is so poorly run, I would have sworn that Tannenbaum was in charge of that team.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,014
    I think 7-9 is a fair guess. If it wasn't for Watson that roster probably wins 2 games tops, but he's good enough to push them through a few games. And the defense has a handful of decent players. But my god if they have a few injuries I could see this pick being incredible. My only fear is that the team gets rejuvenated with Crennell, but if they go through another dry stretch I could see the players check out.

    Grier never could have foreseen this, but that trade looks incredible in hindsight. I was pissed at first but so far it looks promising. The trade has basically net us Noah, Kindley and potentially two top picks in next years draft.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,708
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I think 7-9 is a fair guess. If it wasn't for Watson that roster probably wins 2 games tops, but he's good enough to push them through a few games. And the defense has a handful of decent players. But my god if they have a few injuries I could see this pick being incredible. My only fear is that the team gets rejuvenated with Crennell, but if they go through another dry stretch I could see the players check out.

    Grier never could have foreseen this, but that trade looks incredible in hindsight. I was pissed at first but so far it looks promising. The trade has basically net us Noah, Kindley and potentially two top picks in next years draft.
    what makes the trade easier to swallow for me now is that we found a legit replacement for Tunsil in Jackson (even though that wasn't the pick we got for Tunsil). Kindley is already proving the trade as a huge win for us. I like Noah, but man does he look lost out there. But rookie CBs usually do. If JAC somehow sneaks a win out against them . . . that team will implode.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    what makes the trade easier to swallow for me now is that we found a legit replacement for Tunsil in Jackson (even though that wasn't the pick we got for Tunsil). Kindley is already proving the trade as a huge win for us. I like Noah, but man does he look lost out there. But rookie CBs usually do. If JAC somehow sneaks a win out against them . . . that team will implode.
    The trade was a no bainer from day 1 and even Tunsil agreed. This was the perfect trade for a team going in full rebuild mode. An up and coming top 5 LT who was looking to get paid soon who struggled with penalties and Stills for 2 1sts and 2 2nds? haha all day

    The only difference now he's making over $20 mil a year (I believe)

    Not having Tunsil also helped this team to tank for Tua.

    I love draft picks so maybe I'm biased but I don't know if there's a player who played for this franchise over the last 15 years I wouldn't trade for 2 1sts and 2 2nds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •