Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

My plan for the 2020-21 season

My plan would be similar to the NFL...but for the 2020-21 NBA season:

- All 30 teams playing in their arenas...no Bubble for regular season
    - Regular season will be a 82 game season
    - Play in game concepts for the East and West...I will keep that for next season and future seasons going forward
    - However, for the 2020-21 NBA playoffs...we go back into the Bubble
    - Play regular season games in empty arenas with virtual fans in some or most cities depending on COVID totals

- But if a city is less affected by COVID totals...then you can allow for fans to attend games but limited fan seating...space people out in the arenas but fans must wear mandatory masks or face shields to keep everyone safe

- All Star weekend...same concept...limited fan seating mandatory masks/face shields...social distancing spacing people out in the arena

Why would the most important part of the season be in a bubble? You honestly like watching pick up basketball? the world doesn't seem to care much for these playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Why would the most important part of the season be in a bubble? You honestly like watching pick up basketball? the world doesn't seem to care much for these playoffs.
    You ask me why for next season why I would have the playoffs in a bubble again? Maybe because of the fact that with bubble playoff games the TV ratings are speaking volumes but also because it is one neutral site...no home advantage for any of the teams that make the playoffs next year but also because for the most part like should it really matter if you play your playoff games at your own building or their own building where there are no fans practically?

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    You ask me why for next season why I would have the playoffs in a bubble again? Maybe because of the fact that with bubble playoff games the TV ratings are speaking volumes but also because it is one neutral site...no home advantage for any of the teams that make the playoffs next year but also because for the most part like should it really matter if you play your playoff games at your own building or their own building where there are no fans practically?
    No HC advantage is whack. Teams should just draw seeds outta a hat and skip the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Tv ratings are speaking volumes. I just dont think you have your audio up.

Or ....
    Just not have the 2020-21 season until covid is gone

The only reason 19-20 is going on is because we stopped the season 70% of the way, and everyone including teams, sponsors and tv deals wanted to finish the season out. Welp, within 1 week at most this season will be over.

But there is no justified reason for a new season to begin from the start. You got the season finished that you wanted. That’s good enough.

Now let’s go back to protecting people’s livelihoods.

I think if they just try to have the regular season as normal the arenas will be mostly empty and the teams will have to dramatically reduce prices to get even 50% full.

I like the idea of playing home/away series to minimize travel and exposure between teams. So the Cavs play the Bulls twice in Cleveland then travel to Chicago and play 2 more. That way they are exposed to each other for a week and can get testing before the Cavs then travel to Boston for a series, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think if they just try to have the regular season as normal the arenas will be mostly empty and the teams will have to dramatically reduce prices to get even 50% full.

I like the idea of playing home/away series to minimize travel and exposure between teams. So the Cavs play the Bulls twice in Cleveland then travel to Chicago and play 2 more. That way they are exposed to each other for a week and can get testing before the Cavs then travel to Boston for a series, etc.
    Pretty unique way of doing things but what I would do is just play cross divisional games for next season and then for inter Conference games...if you a East team...on the regular season schedule you only get to face like 4 Western Conference teams and that's it...you only face them once and that is it. Or vice versa if you a West team, you only get to face 4 Eastern Conference teams once and that's it. But for the most part you stay in your Conference.

Here is the official plan.

Dec. 11-19, 2020: Preseason games

Dec. 22, 2020 – March 4, 2021: First Half of regular season

March 5-10, 2021: All-Star break

March 11 – May 16, 2021: Second Half of regular season

May 18-21, 2021: Play-In Tournament

May 22 – July 22, 2021: 2021*Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Here is the official plan.

Dec. 11-19, 2020: Preseason games

Dec. 22, 2020 – March 4, 2021: First Half of regular season

March 5-10, 2021: All-Star break

March 11 – May 16, 2021: Second Half of regular season

May 18-21, 2021: Play-In Tournament

May 22 – July 22, 2021: 2021*Playoffs
    yeah I thought there was already a plan in place lol..

Ya know, I wonder if rosters should be expanded for this season due to the pandemic. If not, probably be a lot of cancelled and rescheduled games.