Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 214 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 3196
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,534
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Well this is kinda disturbing:

    Former MLB pitcher and current Cubs Double A Tennessee pitching coach Charlie Haeger is dead at the age of 38 after being involved in a suspected murder/suicide.

    His ex girlfriend was shot to death on Friday and he was determined to be the shooter, and he was found earlier Saturday in his car with ďself inflicted gunshot woundsĒ.
    Wow, thatís terrible news. RIP to the poor woman he killed. Itís a shame he was affiliated with this organization.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,530
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    Wow, thatís terrible news. RIP to the poor woman he killed. Itís a shame he was affiliated with this organization.
    Shouldíve mentioned it in my earlier post: he was hired in January of this year to be the pitching coach for the Smokies, but COVID happened and we know what happened to MiLB. So Iíd say he was barely in the organization, to be honest.

    Either way, still a tragic story all around.

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  3. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Iíve said it previously, and Iíll keep saying it over and over again:

    You extend Kris Bryant, and thatís a pretty easy decision IMO.
    I wouldnít extend either one honestly but if I had to choose itís pretty easy that it should be Javy, he would cost half of what Bryant would want, he has way more passion than Bryant and he doesnít stay injured unlike Kris. Javy wants to be a cub and his heart is always in the game and Bryant really doesnít want to be a cub anymore and itís blatantly obvious plus you could tell he really wanted to opt out of the season and be home with his kid and wife during this Wild covid year. Bryant has a vendetta against the cubs for the whole grievance thing and canít wait to be out of Chicago. He was **** this year and I personally wanted him traded back in Jan/feb and really should have been traded last July

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,180
    Quote Originally Posted by TN-cub37 View Post
    I wouldnít extend either one honestly but if I had to choose itís pretty easy that it should be Javy, he would cost half of what Bryant would want, he has way more passion than Bryant and he doesnít stay injured unlike Kris. Javy wants to be a cub and his heart is always in the game and Bryant really doesnít want to be a cub anymore and itís blatantly obvious plus you could tell he really wanted to opt out of the season and be home with his kid and wife during this Wild covid year. Bryant has a vendetta against the cubs for the whole grievance thing and canít wait to be out of Chicago. He was **** this year and I personally wanted him traded back in Jan/feb and really should have been traded last July
    No way. You felt this way about Bryant? News to me. /s.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    5,491
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    KB or Javy, you extend Javy. He plays more, his glove is plus, heís cheaper, etc.
    But he has a Dan Uggla feel to him, offensively. I think the correct answer is that you don't extend either.
    Screw sabermetics.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    KB or Javy, you extend Javy. He plays more, his glove is plus, heís cheaper, etc.
    Exactly! Also cares more about winning, plays with more fire/passion

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    35
    Only a matter of time before you and everybody else will feel the same . When Bryant hits .200 next year in a full season with 10 homers and 25 RBI and misses 30 games over the course of a full season then maybe you will say a year from now that yeah TN was dead on they should have traded him last year

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,530

    2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TN-cub37 View Post
    Only a matter of time before you and everybody else will feel the same . When Bryant hits .200 next year in a full season with 10 homers and 25 RBI and misses 30 games over the course of a full season then maybe you will say a year from now that yeah TN was dead on they should have traded him last year
    Yeah, in all my time on the Cubs PSD forum, about 99% of posters who drop the ďpeople will say I was right all alongĒ have ended up being wrong.

    So forgive me if Iím not choosing to be on your side.
    Last edited by CubsRule08; 10-04-2020 at 02:42 AM.

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,829
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    DJ would be a nice get or Gregorius as a stopgap SS if they trade Javy. If the Cubs are intent on making one more run with this group go get Nelson Cruz on a 1 year deal to be your DH. Ultimately though they probably get an expensive FA
    Cruz would be ok although I can't believe that he is 40 years old.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,534
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Shouldíve mentioned it in my earlier post: he was hired in January of this year to be the pitching coach for the Smokies, but COVID happened and we know what happened to MiLB. So Iíd say he was barely in the organization, to be honest.

    Either way, still a tragic story all around.
    Former player. no record or history of mental illness. Nobody could have seen something like this happening. Just a sad and tragic situation all around. Reminds me of what happened to the Chiefs maybe a decade ago

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    12,527

    2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

    Fiery passionate Javy BŠez in his last 601 PAs:
    .236/.270/.441; 81 wRC+; .296 wOBA, 3.8% BB, 29% K

    Doesnít give a **** KB in his last 601 PAs:
    .267/.344/.477; 118 wRC; .353 wOBA, 9.7% BB; 25.6% K
    Last edited by CP_414; 10-04-2020 at 09:48 AM.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,530
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    Cruz would be ok although I can't believe that he is 40 years old.
    Still a decent hitter, even at the age of 40. But I think heís stated that he still wants to play in Minnesota so it might be a pipe dream

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  13. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,530
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Fiery passionate Javy BŠez in his last 601 PAs:
    .236/.270/.441; 81 wRC+; .296 wOBA, 3.8% BB, 29% K

    Doesnít give a **** KB in his last 601 PAs:
    .267/.344/.477; 118 wRC.; .353 wOBA, 9.7% BB; 25.6% K
    Lol

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  14. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,180
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Fiery passionate Javy BŠez in his last 601 PAs:
    .236/.270/.441; 81 wRC+; .296 wOBA, 3.8% BB, 29% K

    Doesnít give a **** KB in his last 601 PAs:
    .267/.344/.477; 118 wRC; .353 wOBA, 9.7% BB; 25.6% K
    Bryant should try harder. And care more.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    90,731
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Fiery passionate Javy BŠez in his last 601 PAs:
    .236/.270/.441; 81 wRC+; .296 wOBA, 3.8% BB, 29% K

    Doesnít give a **** KB in his last 601 PAs:
    .267/.344/.477; 118 wRC; .353 wOBA, 9.7% BB; 25.6% K
    And one will get triple the other...

Page 5 of 214 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •