Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 213 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I wouldnít be surprised at all if Theo moves to a hands off consultant role for a year and Jed becomes the face of the FO now. Theo basically takes a year off and then moves on to a new team or a new career in a year.
    Klentak in Philadelphia stepped down today. Maybe he goes there ...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    We should start 100% fresh. Clean house, rebuild the org from top to bottom, we need a fresh approach, what we have isn't working anymore.
    I really dont want to sit through and watch another 4 or 5 years of a 60 win team and signing guys for a year, hoping to flip them at the deadline and draft in top 3 and again hope that those guys become great

Majority of these guys now are under 30, there zero reasons not to be able to continue to compete with whomever they decide to keep and extend.

We donít really know that it would be the same.

Iím sure there are cases where they disagree.
    the philosophy of how to build a team...

I mean, theyve been working together for the most part since 2004, I'm sure there been some disagreements on certain players but the overall philosophy on doing things I'm sure are probably somewhat identical

The speculation in game two of this being the last game of the core being intact was ridiculous. Nearly all of the core players are coming off down years and have one year of team control remaining. So if Theo dealt any of them he would be selling for 50 cents on the dollar, if that.

We're stuck with the current group, flaws in all. Baez with the atrocious chase rate, KB with his pull heavy approach, and Schwarber needing to be platooned.

However since all three will be entering the offseason being a year away from hitting the open market, and there being a lot of uncertainty regarding long term revenue, maybe one of those three or Rizzo is willing to take less for an extension to gain some long term security. Rizzo would be the guy I'd bank on, with KB being the least likely.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Thats not what's going on. And I have yet to read anytning suggesting the Cubs are upset at Epstein. If you have a report showing the Cubs are made, share it. If they were it wouldn't be Hoyer being installed at the top. Theyre 1a and 1b and have been for 9 years. The only reason he would "step down" is because its his last year and the Cubs want someone to lead them through a transition period fully. Not have one person start and someone try to finish.

If Epstein was getting canned Hoyer wouldn't be the next guy up. Itd be a clean house. Every report is Hoyer would take over.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    This is about as accurate as saying Joe Maddon wasnít fired. The circumstances are literally identical. Pick whatever phrase you want - fired, relieved of duties, mutually parting ways - the Cubs are moving on

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    the philosophy of how to build a team...

I mean, theyve been working together for the most part since 2004, I'm sure there been some disagreements on certain players but the overall philosophy on doing things I'm sure are probably somewhat identical
    I think there is a lot of similar opinions among basically every front office in mlb these days. The data makes a lot of decisions pretty clear. The differences are minor. Iím sure there are minor differences between Jed and Theo.
    Last edited by CP_414; 10-03-2020 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    This is about as accurate as saying Joe Maddon wasnít fired. The circumstances are literally identical. Pick whatever phrase you want - fired, relieved of duties, mutually parting ways - the Cubs are moving on
    The Cubs arenít the ones moving on. Theo is the one moving on, this year or next. The Cubs moved on from Maddon. They didnít want him back. Every indication with Theo is that he is the one who wants to move on and it is just a matter of when.
    Last edited by CP_414; 10-03-2020 at 05:29 PM.

The Cubs arenít the ones moving on. Theo is the one moving on, this year or next. The Cubs moved on from Maddon. They didnít want him back. Every indication with Theo is that he is the one who wants to move on.
    If the Cubs went to the WS last year or this year he wouldnít be on his way out. There is very little to no interest on the Cubs side in retaining him beyond next season. He is being fired.

Apparently only 2 options on the table, he step down immediately or he help facilitate a transition for 1 year.
    Last edited by PeanutPunch33; 10-03-2020 at 05:33 PM.

If the Cubs went to the WS last year or this year he wouldnít be on his way out. There is very little to no interest on the Cubs side in retaining him beyond next season. He is being fired.

Apparently only 2 options on the table, he step down immediately or he help facilitate a transition for 1 year.
    Thatís total nonsense. Heís said from day 1 that itís a 10 year plan and that heís almost certainly out. He signed contracts to line up with that plan. Now as they enter year 10 thereís a report that he might be willing to step aside sooner as the team starts a reset or that heís willing to help with the transition to the next guy but that heís not staying beyond year 10. There have been zero indications that the Cubs want to fire him.

Heís not being fired because they are unhappy with him and want to replace him with his hand pick successor.
    Last edited by CP_414; 10-03-2020 at 05:51 PM.

Man the 2021 FA class is depressing without Betts in it. Springer I guess could be worth it but I hate him so no interest. Trevor Bauer is probably my top target and then see what you can get for one KB or Baez and trade the other. Schwarber is an interesting trade candidate too but if the DH stays next year, id be inclined to keep him.

Wouldnt mind seeing what we could get for Contreras too and make a run at Realmuto.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Thatís total nonsense. Heís said from day 1 that itís a 10 year plan and that heís almost certainly out. He signed contracts to line up with that plan. Now as they enter year 10 thereís a report that he might be willing to step aside sooner as the team starts a reset or that heís willing to help with the transition to the next guy but that heís not staying beyond year 10. There have been zero indications that the Cubs want to fire him.

Heís not being fired because they are unhappy with him and want to replace him with his hand pick successor.
    Oh have they already hired Hoyer as GM or president of baseball ops? I must have missed that update

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Man the 2021 FA class is depressing without Betts in it. Springer I guess could be worth it but I hate him so no interest. Trevor Bauer is probably my top target and then see what you can get for one KB or Baez and trade the other. Schwarber is an interesting trade candidate too but if the DH stays next year, id be inclined to keep him.

Wouldnt mind seeing what we could get for Contreras too and make a run at Realmuto.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    DJ would be a nice get or Gregorius as a stopgap SS if they trade Javy. If the Cubs are intent on making one more run with this group go get Nelson Cruz on a 1 year deal to be your DH. Ultimately though they probably get an expensive FA
    Last edited by PeanutPunch33; 10-03-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Oh have they already hired Hoyer as GM or president of baseball ops? I must have missed that update
    It was reported by the same guy who made the report about Theo possibly being willing to step aside early or assist in a transition to a new President because he wants to leave by the end of next year at the latest:

https://twitter.com/thekapman/status...171588097?s=21

Now your turn. Show me a report that indicates Theo is getting fired.

It was reported by the same guy who made the report about Theo possibly being willing to step aside early or assist in a transition to a new President because he wants to leave by the end of next year at the latest:

Yes, it is called ďspeculationĒ. Hardly qualifies as any sort of report. Wait until they actually do it, if they do it. I wouldnít be surprised if they donít offer Jed a promotion and he decides to leave. I really hope thatís the direction they take.
    Last edited by PeanutPunch33; 10-03-2020 at 06:21 PM.

Yea, there no way Rickett fires Theo because he wants someone else to take over, he loves the guy , Theo was his first choice to run the team.
    He'd give him another 5 years in a heartbeat

Page 3 of 213 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast