Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 299 of 314 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 4701
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Read here that KB is willing to talk long term extension with Cubs. I would suggest that both sides work toward something like DJLM and Yankees worked out, $90mill over 6 yrars. More than he is worth based on last year, but not as much as he would have been before last year. He's set for life, even if his shoulder never comes entirely back and gets to stay in Chicago, Cubs aren't forever burdened with bad contract if he's never the same, and have the ability to build a winner around him if he does. win-win!
    Why would KB do that? Yeah he will listen, but he knows his value is very low right now. I donít see a scenario where they reach an agreement. We will see what happens after the season though. But he ainít signing an extension for $90 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    Why would KB do that? Yeah he will listen, but he knows his value is very low right now. I donít see a scenario where they reach an agreement. We will see what happens after the season though. But he ainít signing an extension for $90 mil.
    Everyone over at the Yankee forum was surprised that DJLM agreed to that deal, but guess what? He DID! If KB doesn't come all the way back this year, he will wished he had signed for something similar to what DJ did (and his year was so much better than KB's.)
    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Read here that KB is willing to talk long term extension with Cubs. I would suggest that both sides work toward something like DJLM and Yankees worked out, $90mill over 6 yrars. More than he is worth based on last year, but not as much as he would have been before last year. He's set for life, even if his shoulder never comes entirely back and gets to stay in Chicago, Cubs aren't forever burdened with bad contract if he's never the same, and have the ability to build a winner around him if he does. win-win!
    With the kids about a year or two away, they're going to need a solid veteran foundation to bring them in around.
    Who better then Hendricks Arrieta Rizzo Bryant

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Everyone over at the Yankee forum was surprised that DJLM agreed to that deal, but guess what? He DID! If KB doesn't come all the way back this year, he will wished he had signed for something similar to what DJ did (and his year was so much better than KB's.)
    Scott Boras does not work that way though. Scott always advices his clients to reach FA and get top dollar. Rarely does he have a client, like Strasburg, that rather sign than reach FA. KB is reaching FA period.
    Screw sabermetics.

Bryant is going to bet on himself. When he says he will talk extension, he's not taking a sweetheart deal. He has zero reason to take 6/$90m right now if he believes he will bounce back. If the Cubs offered him 6/$150m, he'd be glad to sign. That's what he means when he says "I'll talk extension".

There will almost be no extension possible. The Cubs would need an under market deal with his 2020. Bryant would need a market level deal because he believes in himself. There will be little middle ground.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

I unfortunately only see Rizzo signing an extension. Zero chance KB does and is put it at 30% javy would. Depends on if lindor/story/Correa sign deals . If they are all on the market maybe javy takes a discount. Who knows

Quote Originally Posted by huff View Post
    I unfortunately only see Rizzo signing an extension. Zero chance KB does and is put it at 30% javy would. Depends on if lindor/story/Correa sign deals . If they are all on the market maybe javy takes a discount. Who knows
    I imagine Lindor extends with NYM. But give me Seager, Correa, & Story over Javy. I love Javy, but I donít trust his game moving forward.

I imagine Lindor extends with NYM. But give me Seager, Correa, & Story over Javy. I love Javy, but I donít trust his game moving forward.
    I'd rather have Baez than Correa. Correa is the only SS of the potential FA SS's next year that I wouldnt take over Baez, because Correa can't stay on the field. He's injured every season.

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

I think Rizzo extends. I also think they should extend Contreras. Iím pretty convinced they could get more in a trade for Amaya than they could for Willy in this new version of baseball value.

Extend Willy, extend Rizzo, trade Amaya, trade Javy in July, see what happens with KB.

That LeMahieu deal is a better comp for a Rizzo contract than a KB contract.

Quote Originally Posted by cuzi View Post
    I'd rather have Baez than Correa. Correa is the only SS of the potential FA SS's next year that I wouldnt take over Baez, because Correa can't stay on the field. He's injured every season.
    Yeah maybe, but heís a good player when heís on the field. Correa has played in 120 less games than Javy but still has been worth 5.4 more wins than Javy.

Quote Originally Posted by huff View Post
    Rizzo has been underpaid his whole career basically. I wouldn't fault him for going to FA and finally getting what he's worth.

Not sure i'd sign any player to a large deal unless they can prove they can hit post-Astros scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    Rizzo has been underpaid his whole career basically. I wouldn't fault him for going to FA and finally getting what he's worth.
    What exactly do you think Rizzo is going to get as a free agent? Itís not like heís about to make up for his team friendly contract. He will turn 32 in August and has back problems causing him to miss games like every year. I would give him like 4/80 or in that ballpark.

What exactly do you think Rizzo is going to get as a free agent? Itís not like heís about to make up for his team friendly contract. He will turn 32 in August and has back problems causing him to miss games like every year. I would give him like 4/80 or in that ballpark.
    I don't know what Rizzo will get on the free market, but he will get his maximum value and likely more than he would get via a Cubs extension.

I'd like him to stay a Cub but I also wouldn't begrudge him if he went to the highest bidder since he's taken team-friendly deals in the past. He owes the Cubs organization and fans nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    I'm not convinced that teams still want to pay for past performance for what a player did for another team. He'll have a ton of attention, but the contracts are not like 5-10 years ago. Not a lot of teams looking to pay a ton for a guy on the wrong side of 30, and has already peaked.