Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 239 of 314 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 4701
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan08 View Post
    But do the KB talks have legs?
    Maybe. He didn't really say.

At this point I think KB will go whenever a team will take the salary. Thats probably all the legs the talks will ever need.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Normally about this time Iím breaking out in cold sweats like an addict needing his fix waiting on Spring Training to start. But at this point, I donít care if they push it back 2 months, 3 months, it doesnít matter. I am in no way pumped about this season, and thatís very depressing.

Bastian list Archer / Foltynewicz / Rodon / Williams / Porcello as FA possibilities .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Wouldnt mind taking a shot at Rodon or Archer.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Bastian list Archer / Foltynewicz / Rodon / Williams / Porcello as FA possibilities .

Iíd take Rodon but put him in the pen. I always sort of liked Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Wouldnt mind taking a shot at Rodon or Archer.

Archer has little interest to me. He had Thoracic Outlet. He's almost 100% dead. Same thing that killed Tyson Ross' career. Matt Harvey too. T.O.S. is what Tommy John used to be.

Give me Trevor Williams. He can eat innings. You can catch fire with him; reminds me of Scott Feldman. Not overpowering, nor great spin, strange Fb/CU speeds(below average fastball, above average change speed. Probably needs to slow that down a few mph) many many pitches. Hes a decent 2-win bounce back guy. Probably my favorite of the bunch.

Bryant and Hendricks together in a trade? Thatís just perfect, wait until Bryantís value is at its lowest so he has to be combined in a trade with one of the two players on this roster (Willson is the other) whoís value is worth a damn to get back a decent prospect package. This off-season for Cubs fans is what it must feel like for a kid to hear that Santa Claus isnít real for the first time.

Iíll take Porcello and Rodon. Gotta think porcello gets 7/8m . Rodon in the 2-5 range? Surely we can afford that 🤦*♂️

Iíll wouldnít mind taking a shot at Rodon and Williams

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    Iíll wouldnít mind taking a shot at Rodon and Williams
    Rodon is mildly interesting as a BP arm. He just isn't a SP and cannot be placed in that spot. So he'd have to agree to a change for me to be interested. If he did? Yeah, I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Archer has little interest to me. He had Thoracic Outlet. He's almost 100% dead. Same thing that killed Tyson Ross' career. Matt Harvey too. T.O.S. is what Tommy John used to be.

Give me Trevor Williams. He can eat innings. You can catch fire with him; reminds me of Scott Feldman. Not overpowering, nor great spin, strange Fb/CU speeds(below average fastball, above average change speed. Probably needs to slow that down a few mph) many many pitches. Hes a decent 2-win bounce back guy. Probably my favorite of the bunch.

Didnt realize it was TOS. That kills my interest too. Trevor Williams is definetly of interest to me because of his sweet tattoos.

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Didnt realize it was TOS. That kills my interest too. Trevor Williams is definetly of interest to me because of his sweet tattoos.

Yeah. With Archer you sign him and you hope maybe next year something? But I doubt it. It sounds like flushed money. I'd be shocked if he ever logs a 30 start season again; probably will see the same trend we have. He will get picked up, start 4-5 games this year. Someone will go again on him next year (citing 2 years out of TOS or whatever), he'll get an MiLB, start as a #5 and then be released quickly. Matt Harvey style.

Sucks. He had a good run and I always hate seeing a dude go down like this.

The Cubs did well identifying him in a trade with the Indians for DeRosa a decade ago. They similarly did poorly trading him to the Rays (I'd add in Chirinos who's carved out a nice career but no one could see Chirinos turning out).

Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-26-2021 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Maybe. He didn't really say.

At this point I think KB will go whenever a team will take the salary. Thats probably all the legs the talks will ever need.

Yup, a few walking the rumor back.

https://twitter.com/mullyhaugh/statu...517125638?s=19

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

Looks like Realmuto stays with Phillies 5 / 115
    According to Craig Mish