Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 214 of 314 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 4701
  1. #3196
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,266
    Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    Iíll be interested to see the money. If itís cheap, we should have fished in that pond. I guess if all money was equal, he would rather be there than here though and we dang sure ainít getting into a bidding war for him.
    Former CY young, doubt itís cheap. Even if he is on the decline going forward IMO.

  2. #3197
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    7,798
    Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    Iíll be interested to see the money. If itís cheap, we should have fished in that pond. I guess if all money was equal, he would rather be there than here though and we dang sure ainít getting into a bidding war for him.
    1 year 11 mil for a guy who has 8 starts ( 7 2019, 1 2020) over the last 2 seasons coming off shoulder tear

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by chibears55; 01-15-2021 at 09:05 PM.

  3. #3198
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    7,798
    Can't remember the last time the cubs had an actual Arb hearing

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  4. #3199
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,266
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Can't remember the last time the cubs had an actual Arb hearing

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Justin Grimm in 2018 was Theoís first case.

  5. #3200
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    7,798
    Quote Originally Posted by s2obed View Post
    Justin Grimm in 2018 was Theoís first case.
    That must of flew under the radar lol

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  6. #3201
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    7,798
    https://twitter.com/MLBastian/status...986525698?s=19

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  7. #3202
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    10,032
    I don't think that there's a chance that the Cubs could win in Happ's hearing. I think he could have asked for a couple hundred thousand more and still win.

  8. #3203
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,558
    Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    As cool and as exciting as this is for the future, this club used to sign this sort of calibre of International FA and it would rate below the exciting signing the big league club was making. Now signing the 17 old Cristian Hernandez is the most exciting thing the Cubs will do this winter because the big league club have just given a baseline for the rest of baseball how much money Bryant, Willson and Javi will cost another club in 2021 and we all know it.
    Last edited by JHBulls; 01-16-2021 at 02:14 AM.

  9. #3204
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    7,362
    Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    As cool and as exciting as this is for the future, this club used to sign this sort of calibre of International FA and it would rate below the exciting signing the big league club was making. Now signing the 17 old Cristian Hernandez is the most exciting thing the Cubs will do this winter because the big league club have just given a baseline for the rest of baseball how much money Bryant, Willson and Javi will cost another club in 2021 and we all know it.
    I wonder how aggressive they will be with him considering how deep the SS position is in the Cubs system with potential.

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

  10. #3205
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    37,780
    This weekend would have been the convention. Ricketts sure dodged a bullet there.

  11. #3206
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,558
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    I wonder how aggressive they will be with him considering how deep the SS position is in the Cubs system with potential.

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    I could see him up with the big league team when he is 20 if his hype translates to the minors but also could see him up at 22 or 23 given how deep SS is. Whatever the case is, it will be fun seeing a roster full of 22-25 year old talented Baseball players - with years of control - in the future.

    I know itís a ****** feeling that the big league team just wonít be good for a while but the farm has me so excited for the future. This is what a rebuild is.
    Last edited by JHBulls; 01-16-2021 at 07:50 PM.

  12. 01-17-2021, 10:46 AM
    Reason
    Spam

  13. #3207
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,807
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    God id absolutely love to have DJ at 6/90
    6 years...that sounds long. He'll be 33 this year. He'll be 39 when the deal is done. I don't understand the willingness of teams to sign these much longer deals compared to 10-15 years ago. 4 years would sound right. Money per year sounds right. Maybe the latter years are lower in annual $$.

  14. #3208
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,807
    Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    They really need to stop comparing him Arod. He's not Arod.

  15. #3209
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,807
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    1 year 11 mil for a guy who has 8 starts ( 7 2019, 1 2020) over the last 2 seasons coming off shoulder tear

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't do that if i were Yanks. I'd want lower guaranteed and loaded with incentives.

  16. #3210
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    They really need to stop comparing him Arod. He's not Arod.
    A-Rod wasnít even A-Rod when he was 17 years old and he turned into one of the greatest players in the most storied franchises in Baseball. I hate comparisons like this, it puts a lot of pressure on a young players shoulders. Itís not enough that the Dominican Republic has produced some very good baseball players to compare Cristian to, they have to compare him to A-Rod? Really?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •