Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 210 of 314 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 4701
    Here's the Mish quote in full:
    Mish: I think there’s a chance. I wouldn’t say that it has serious traction at the moment. But the interesting part I can tell you from the Cubs perspective, Chris, it looks like they are trying to go really young. And I’m not talking about players that are playing in the big leagues right now. Cubs are very interested, just like in the Darvish trade, in acquiring draft picks from the 2019 and 2020 [draft]. I think there’s a strong chance that we’re looking at four or five years of players down the line, maybe two or three years. So that’s just something to keep an eye on. When the Cubs make these trades for the future, I don’t know about bringing players back that are going to play right now. I think it’s the players down the road – at least from some of the things that I’m hearing.

If the “2nd best Catcher” in the league can’t get you Cabrera+Fulton+Misner then they can F right off. This is freaking Willson Contreras

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Here's the Mish quote in full:
    That kind of coincides with the "not in the top 10" rumor given that all but Bleday and Meyer have seen MLB time or are on the 40 man roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Cabrera / Fulton / Salas seems fair for Contreras . If they can’t get Cabrera just walk away .
    I think Cabrera and one of those is fair. I think all 3 will be heavy, unless the Cubs basically eat all of his money.

Quote Originally Posted by cuzi View Post
    That kind of coincides with the "not in the top 10" rumor given that all but Bleday and Meyer have seen MLB time or are on the 40 man roster.
    I'm not entirely sure it does. I think there's a lot of wiggle room in what he said and I think you can make a lot of your own conclusions. There's a big difference between players "four or five" years away and "two and three" years away and he mentioned both. The Cubs have a lot of 40 man spots open. I don't think a 40 man guy is someone they're shying away from in principle.

I think the safe thing to do is take away this: the Cubs are once again interested in prospects who are not going to be ready for 2021, and likely, won't be ready for 2022. 2023 seems like the earliest the Cubs are targeting to produce a winning team again. We can probably begin eliminating guys like Brandon Marsh from our lexicon, if the Angels become interested, too.

Quote Originally Posted by huff View Post
    If the “2nd best Catcher” in the league can’t get you Cabrera+Fulton+Misner then they can F right off. This is freaking Willson Contreras
    2 years of one of the best catchers in baseball who makes much less than he's worth should be worth some good prospects.

The problem is teams have all lost revenue and prospects close to the majors are dirt cheap so nobody wants to trade them and I don't blame them. COVID may have hurt the Cubs more than any other team.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Well, duh. Of course. Ricketts always has money to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    My first thought was, “Why does Cristiano Ronaldo look like a giant?”.

Second thought is how nice showing off a section of the redevelopment that regular fans can’t afford to sit in. Ricketts family showing off how much they are struggling.
    Last edited by JHBulls; 01-13-2021 at 09:13 PM.

Here's the tweet about no top 10

Craig Mish
    @CraigMish
    Replying to
    @chapeman05

@rip327
    and 2 others
    If his deal ever happens the Cubs will not be getting anywhere close to JJ Bleday. Names I've heard are not in the Marlins top 10.
    7:39 PM · Jan 12, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by huff View Post
    Absolutely. I know the Cubs are in a "cost-cutting" mode (rolls eyes), but WC's contract is not killing them, thus they should not take an underwhelming package just to move WC's contract.

If Jed does not get one top 5 prospect from the Marlins for WC, then he's approaching Ryan Pace level of dislike with me and would seem to prove he might be in over his head as a decision maker.
    Screw sabermetics.

Jed is looking for younger prospects because there's a real possibility that the 2022 season doesn't happen due to the expiration of the current CBA. 2023 is the next most likely "normal" season we'll see.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Simon View Post
    Jed is looking for younger prospects because there's a real possibility that the 2022 season doesn't happen due to the expiration of the current CBA. 2023 is the next most likely "normal" season we'll see.

Yes it sucks and all that they're going this route, but I think we're going to like what we have in 23,24,25 with all the young hopeful new core of players in Davis, Amaya, Howard, Nwogu, etc and hopefully Jed and them learn from this mistake and are able to extend and not lose them after 6/7 seasons.

It a sucky a ss way of going about it but they could be setting themselves up pretty nicely with the young guys that will be coming up and an open payroll next couple seasons

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Targeting kids 3-4 years away means that it runs deeper than 2022. I don't think it has to do with 2022. That would be 2 out of 3 development years wasted.

I think the reason the young players are being targeted has more to do with their timeline than people want to give credit for. Or want to accept.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

After 2 years of lost/reduced revenues I’d be pretty surprised if there was no 2022 season. They’ll push it to the deadline and maybe they’ll even miss a month of games, but I expect there will be a 2022 season.

In the end I think they’ll make a few changes but it’ll be largely a short term extension of the current deal that gets them to a new economic “normal.” Then they’ll have a huge fight over a new plan 2-3 years later. We’ll see.
    Last edited by CP_414; 01-14-2021 at 11:11 AM.