Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 206 of 314 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 4701
  1. #3076
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    7,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    Now a lot of lefty hitters hit with the 3rd basemen MIA from the shift and can't even put down a bunt for a free single. Schwarber was trying for a while but seemed to stop.
    Don't even have to bunt, just hit it that way.

    I get there are pitchers that throwing 95 plus inside that can make it difficult to do but they don't face those type of pitchers every time up. Most of these guys have no ability to inside out a pitch or even consider taking a pitch middle away to the right side.

    The big LH hitters from the past would have a field day if they played today with a hole on the left side of the field to hit through, they'd have 20-30 points added to their average [emoji6]

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  2. #3077
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzi View Post
    The Cubs do take walks and hit HRs. Aside from 2018 and last season they have been top 10 in both categories and better than the Dodgers in walks for a couple of those years. What the Cubs are terrible at and what the Dodgers excel at is not striking out, where recently the Cubs have been one of the absolute worst teams and the Dodgers have been one of the best teams.
    I agree. Cubs hitters aren't particularly multi-dimensional offensively. They mash and walk well. Theo said it may be the case the Cubs have become easy to gameplan against for opposing teams. Mookie Betts is good at almost everything. You throw something hard on the bottom outside corner to KB and he's done.

  3. #3078
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    7,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    I agree. Cubs hitters aren't particularly multi-dimensional offensively. They mash and walk well. Theo said it may be the case the Cubs have become easy to gameplan against for opposing teams. Mookie Betts is good at almost everything. You throw something hard on the bottom outside corner to KB and he's done.
    That pretty much what I think is going on with this team. They pretty much have had the same six guys ( Contreras Rizzo Baez Bryant Schwarber Happ) in the lineup over the pass 5 seasons that are all basically the same type of hitters, and they all pretty much have the same weakness.Then you add in Heyward who has his own problems.

    Why not replacing the type of hitters Fowler and Zobrist were for them hurt the lineup

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  4. #3079
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    If only KB has shown the ability to play the OF. Wait.......
    Yep this tweet about the braves fully convinces me it was then we were into this with this past weekend and they are holding out something the Cubs want. Floating this to morosi..perfect timing . Lol

  5. #3080
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Don't even have to bunt, just hit it that way.

    I get there are pitchers that throwing 95 plus inside that can make it difficult to do but they don't face those type of pitchers every time up.
    True, but it's still a lot easier to bunt a 95+ pitch than hit it if you know how to bunt.

  6. #3081
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    7,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    True, but it's still a lot easier to bunt a 95+ pitch than hit it if you know how to bunt.
    That the key, most of these hitters don't work on bunting anymore, it a dying part of the game

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  7. #3082
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    That pretty much what I think is going on with this team. They pretty much have had the same six guys ( Contreras Rizzo Baez Bryant Schwarber Happ) in the lineup over the pass 5 seasons that are all basically the same type of hitters, and they all pretty much have the same weakness.Then you add in Heyward who has his own problems.

    Why not replacing the type of hitters Fowler and Zobrist were for them hurt the lineup

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Agreed. I give credit to Heyward for standing further from the plate last year so he wasn't jammed as much. Pitcher vs hitter is all a cat and mouse game of adjustments. Pitchers adjusted to Robel Garcia and he wasn't able to do the same. I watched that guy in batting practice, he had crazy power, was cranking them out.

  8. #3083
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    7,624
    Wow, whitesox just opened the vault for a closer

    https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/...239376385?s=19

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by chibears55; 01-11-2021 at 11:47 PM.

  9. #3084
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,502
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Wow, whitesox just opened the vault for a closer

    https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/...239376385?s=19

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Damn, I never thought the day would come where an Australian is getting that sort of guaranteed money to play Baseball by being the best at what he does.

  10. #3085
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,733
    Cubs and Marlins talking Contreras.
    https://twitter.com/CraigMish/status...n-contreras%2F

  11. #3086
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,733
    Sounds like they want the Cubs to eat money. Which sounds unlikely.

    https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status...446327808?s=19

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  12. #3087
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Cubs and Marlins talking Contreras.
    https://twitter.com/CraigMish/status...n-contreras%2F
    Ugh.

    Realistically whats the best player the Cubs could build around from their top prospects? Sixto is definitely off the table. Meyer too. Bleday appears to be their only top position prospect that doesn't profile like another 3 outcome walk, strikeout, HR hitter and he's probably off the table. So Edward Cabrera? Is he too close to the majors for what the Cubs have been looking at?

  13. #3088
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,733
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzi View Post
    Ugh.

    Realistically whats the best player the Cubs could build around from their top prospects? Sixto is definitely off the table. Meyer too. Bleday appears to be their only top position prospect that doesn't profile like another 3 outcome walk, strikeout, HR hitter and he's probably off the table. So Edward Cabrera? Is he too close to the majors for what the Cubs have been looking at?
    Cabrera would probably be the guy. Bleday is off the table. Jesus Sanchez too close to the MLB. I'd guess an added lottery. Dax Fulton, maybe a Peyton Burdick* (thank you autocorrect)

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-12-2021 at 05:05 PM.

  14. #3089
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Cabrera would probably be the guy. Bleday is off the table. Jesus Sanchez too close to the MLB. I'd guess an added lottery. Dax Fulton, maybe a Peyton Murdock.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Feel like they would ask for someone like Jose Devers given their love for SS. Sounds like another Nico Hoerner.

  15. #3090
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,733
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzi View Post
    Feel like they would ask for someone like Jose Devers given their love for SS. Sounds like another Nico Hoerner.
    At some point they can't just have a million SS and I don't really see Devers as someone they'll target. Devers doesn't fit in with a lot of the guys they've added lately outside of Hoerner in that he is clearly lacking a tool that isn't teachable.

    I would guess Burdick fits a bit better in the system and in that mold. But I'm just guessing. It may also just be that I like Burdick as a sleeper.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •