Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 218 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    I hope not. Need some new blood. New views. Still donít get the allure of McLeod. And Hoyer, to be honest.
    I have nothing againts any of the two but I understand the people who feel that way

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I really doubt the McLeod part. But Hoyer will be the guy.

Iíd love to see them go outside for a new #2. Even if it is one of their old Boston guys, someone like Sawdaye or Porter from AZ would be nice to bring in.
    Yeah i would like someone from outside the organization . With that said not going to go crazy if they go with McLeod .

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I wouldnít be surprised at all if Theo moves to a hands off consultant role for a year and Jed becomes the face of the FO now. Theo basically takes a year off and then moves on to a new team or a new career in a year.
    Though I'm sure that would happen with Hoyer, and if so, wouldn't things pretty much stay the same as far as ideas of building a franchise

I dont know, Hoyer deserves it, hopefully he has some ideas that would be different then Theo with a rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    I have nothing againts any of the two but I understand the people who feel that way

Also curious to if the next GM will be making moves, or will it be Hoyer or whoever the president is making the moves, like itís been with Theo. Then the GM isnít all that important.

Making Hoyer the president would be dumb af. He's had a hand in running this team as well so he should be let go as well if Theo is relieved of his duties. Get someone new in here.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Though I'm sure that would happen with Hoyer, and if so, wouldn't things pretty much stay the same as far as ideas of building a franchise

I dont know, Hoyer deserves it, hopefully he has some ideas that would be different then Theo with a rebuild
    We donít really know that it would be the same.

Iím sure there are cases where they disagree.

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Yeah i would like someone from outside the organization . With that said not going to go crazy if they go with McLeod .

I think there would probably be others in the org in line before McLeod. He was basically demoted last year, it would be weird to bump him up to GM now.
    Last edited by CP_414; 10-03-2020 at 03:27 PM.

I have no issues with Hoyer taking over. Hes been here, hes helped build the best Cubs team the franchise has seen in a century and the best run of Cubs baseball ever. Id like to maybe add some outside ideas, but I have trust in Hoyer, as well.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    Making Hoyer the president would be dumb af. He's had a hand in running this team as well so he should be let go as well if Theo is relieved of his duties. Get someone new in here.
    Theo isn't "being relieved". He would be stepping down with only 1 year to go because he said "10 years and I'm done with any job". This in no way seems to be an issue that the Cubs have with Theo. Its the Cubs trying to figure out the long term, and it may be that Theo is done.

Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 10-03-2020 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Theo isn't "being relieved". He would be stepping down with only 1 year to go because he said "10 years and I'm done with any job". This in no way seems to be an issue that the Cubs have with Theo. Its the Cubs trying to figure out the long term, and it may be that Theo is done.

From the reports it looks like he might be removed from his position. They always say its a mutual decision but cmon, that's never the case. They don't like his results and want someone else to run the org and Theo isn't done with baseball

I have no issues with Hoyer taking over. Hes been here, hes helped build the best Cubs team the franchise has seen in a century and the best run of Cubs baseball ever. Id like to maybe add some outside ideas, but I have trust in Hoyer, as well.

I don't either. I can see it in a few years if we bring someone in here completely new 'we should have kept Hoyer, why did we let him go.'

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    From the reports it looks like he might be removed from his position. They always say its a mutual decision but cmon, that's never the case. They don't like his results and want someone else to run the org and Theo isn't done with baseball
    Thats not what's going on. And I have yet to read anytning suggesting the Cubs are upset at Epstein. If you have a report showing the Cubs are made, share it. If they were it wouldn't be Hoyer being installed at the top. Theyre 1a and 1b and have been for 9 years. The only reason he would "step down" is because its his last year and the Cubs want someone to lead them through a transition period fully. Not have one person start and someone try to finish.

If Epstein was getting canned Hoyer wouldn't be the next guy up. Itd be a clean house. Every report is Hoyer would take over.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    It looks certain the Cubs are either going to do a rebuilt, or at the very least the org is going to head in a new direction and forge a new future for the CUbs. It makes sense that the GM/President of this transition be here to build it over the next 5+ years. If Theo isn't going to be here after 2021 it makes sense that he either resign now, or stay for the last year of his contract to help guide the new GM/President or whatnot.

Seems pretty certain Theo won't be back after his contract expires next offseason. Truly an end of an era.

Thats not what's going on. And I have yet to read anytning suggesting the Cubs are upset at Epstein. If you have a report showing the Cubs are made, share it. If they were it wouldn't be Hoyer being installed at the top. Theyre 1a and 1b and have been for 9 years. The only reason he would "step down" is because its his last year and the Cubs want someone to lead them through a transition period fully. Not have one person start and someone try to finish.

If Epstein was getting canned Hoyer wouldn't be the next guy up. Itd be a clean house. Every report is Hoyer would take over.

I agree 100%, exactly what I said. I don't blame Theo in all this anyways, he can put good offensive players on the field (which he did), he can't make them perform when it counts.

Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    I don't either. I can see it in a few years if we bring someone in here completely new 'we should have kept Hoyer, why did we let him go.'
    We should start 100% fresh. Clean house, rebuild the org from top to bottom, we need a fresh approach, what we have isn't working anymore.

Page 2 of 218 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast