Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 198 of 314 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 4701
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Bryant and it's not even close.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    I'm surprised by this seeing how Javy likely would cost less than Bryant, has had better relationship with FO than Bryant, plays a more premium position, and has had better WAR the past two years (not counting 2020). Yes the SS market next year is much more deep but I would think Javy is the one Cub fans would want to keep

Kyle Schwarber seemed to have gotten 1 year 7M deal and 3M buyout or 11M option for 2022. That's how the 10M comes to be: https://twitter.com/BNightengale/sta...91445555171328

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I'm surprised by this seeing how Javy likely would cost less than Bryant, has had better relationship with FO than Bryant, plays a more premium position, and has had better WAR the past two years (not counting 2020). Yes the SS market next year is much more deep but I would think Javy is the one Cub fans would want to keep
    Well first off, there's literally no proof the Cubs organization and Bryant don't have a good relationship. This is mostly a created narrative media has made up. Yes, Bryant tried to get an extra year, but I doubt the FO blames him and nothing contentious was ever made public between the two.

Moving on, Baez is a ticking timebomb. He's had about 8 months (2018 and April/May of 2019) of good offense in his career, outside of that, he's been a league neutral hitter. He's going to probably age poorly; defense tends to fall off around age 27/28. He's made his career offensively hitting bad pitches, and probably isn't a skillset that will last. Signing Baez to a long term extension is almost assuredly a mistake. Fans who want to keep Baez are doing it out of emotion and connection to a player, and not based on his skillset and numbers. He's a bad investment.

The point is moot however. Bryant's going to be traded because the Cubs seemingly have no desire to pay anyone right now. The Cubs will get back a piddly return, and sadly, there will be Cubs fans excited by this ("I'm happy they're turning over a new leaf, I'm ready for the next chapter"). It's going to be a sad day.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-09-2021 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    He called the Boog announcement before literally anybody else. He’s credible until he proves not to be. His twitter followers suggest he’s in the loop somewhere somehow.
    I'm not saying he wrong or blowing smoke, just saying it funny how we always hear about how tight lipped Jed/Theo are, yet we get this guy telling us something about to happen

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I'm not saying he wrong or blowing smoke, just saying it funny how we always hear about how tight lipped Jed/Theo are, yet we get this guy telling us something about to happen

I mean are they anymore “tight lipped” than anybody else? It’s not like other GM’s/Presidents are telling people their moves. Sometimes info gets leaked. This Dom guy could be getting info from Happ. Or it could be from someone else inside of the org.

As tight lipped as they are, it's not like Jed Hoyer is having these conversations in a secret closet all alone. He's working with his assistant GM's, who are in turn working with scouts, folks who run finances, and the like. It's a very involved project. All you need is one of those other people to tell someone else. So it really doesn't matter how tight lipped Jed Hoyer is, it's a lot of people.

DOM's sources seem to be players. In some way, this guy seems to know people. If it's Ian Happ, it'd be pretty easy to believe Happ has some idea of what's going down. Not only is he the team's players rep to the MLBPA, he's one of the remaining better players on a pretty thin roster right now. Happ and he seem to have connections and interactions on twitter, it wouldn't be shocking for these guys to know each other, maybe well, off the field.

This forum alone has Marlon Bystro, who has proven for a decade that he has a source within the FO himself. With big operations there's always someone who says something to someone. It really isn't surprising that someone like DOM may have a guy somewhere in the org who tells him stuff.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-09-2021 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    I mean are they anymore “tight lipped” than anybody else? It’s not like other GM’s/Presidents are telling people their moves. Sometimes info gets leaked. This Dom guy could be getting info from Happ. Or it could be from someone else inside of the org.
    Lol.. all I said was I find it funny how we hear about how tight lipped they are, yet this guy has info and before any beat writers does..[emoji2369][emoji1751]

Ian Happ is the leaker

FWIW, just looking this Dom up, he supposedly the director of Morale for the Cubs, probably through Happ and why he has all these followers associated with the cubs

Lol.. all I said was I find it funny how we hear about how tight lipped they are, yet this guy has info and before any beat writers does..[emoji2369][emoji1751]

Ian Happ is the leaker

FWIW, just looking this Dom up, he supposedly the director of Morale for the Cubs, probably through Happ and why he has all these followers associated with the cubs

I mean, if it's Ian Happ leaking information, don't you think he'd talk to a friend before he called up Jesse Rogers?

Beat reporters also might know but their sources may have said "listen here's what's up, it's close but please done report it yet. We don't want it out yet or connected to me". Reporters aren't going to burn a source.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Where are you ABTY?!
    I haven’t heard that name in years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian Happ is the leaker

You know “Director of Morale” isn’t a real job, right?

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    You know “Director of Morale” isn’t a real job, right?
    Yes, I noticed it after I posted

Last edited by chibears55; 01-09-2021 at 05:20 PM.

https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/s...607694336?s=19

Not bad. Gets on base like a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    A SS can pretty much play every position. They are usually the best fielder on the team. If a team is loaded with SS's in all likelihood, they can all be moved off position and still shine.
    Agreed. A SS is basically a good infielder. If you find a SS that can hit you can stick them anywhere in the IF. Rather have a lot of SS than 3B or 2B.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    To be fair, I think we’re inevitably heading towards a strike anyways after this season
    Makes sense. The owners and players are already so gosh darned likeable might as well degrade the sport more.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    That said he got $10m. He'd have made less with us. Good job, boys.
    Kind of sucks we got nothing by releasing a 10 mil player who got more in FA he would have in arb. I have to assume Hoyer did his due diligence floating trade interest though. Oh well.