Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 188 of 302 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 4522
    I know Boog is a big name and a good national broadcaster but I was hoping the Cubs went in a different direction. I'd like to have someone younger who could grow into the role and become another "voice of the Cubs."

The Marquee broadcast has a very "national" feel to it already and one of the things I loved about Len and JD pre-Marquee was how much it felt like a high quality local broadcast. Boog is certainly talented but is not that type of broadcaster.

That was my feeling before I read the note that he wouldn't even be doing every game, which sort of adds to my point.

I don't know, he'll be fine I'm sure, but not what I would have done. Of all the national broadcast types though, he's certainly a great option.

Colin Rea has been released.

https://twitter.com/tombaseball29/st...743268354?s=19

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Colin Rea has been released.

https://twitter.com/tombaseball29/st...743268354?s=19

He probably would have spent significant time on the MLB roster in 2021, but its hard to blame him for taking an opportunity to get paid in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    He probably would have spent significant time on the MLB roster in 2021, but its hard to blame him for taking an opportunity to get paid in Japan.
    Yeah hard to blame him. I still expect the Cubs to sign a veteran SP (Lester or Arrieta are my guesses). Meaning he's probably in line for 10-15 starts in Chicago as a 6th option but starting full time in Japan is probably better.

I know the money isn't as good in most cases and you are away from your family for a long time, but I think playing in Japan would be a crazy cool experience.

Still making good money in a first world country that worships baseball. Plus the women? Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    I know the money isn't as good in most cases and you are away from your family for a long time, but I think playing in Japan would be a crazy cool experience.

Still making good money in a first world country that worships baseball. Plus the women? Yes please.
    I went to a game in Tokyo once and it was so cool.

Japan is a lovely country and the baseball culture over there is so fun.

robbie grossman could have been a nice, cheap signing for Cubs, instead he's a nice, cheap signing for Detroit.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    robbie grossman could have been a nice, cheap signing for Cubs, instead he's a nice, cheap signing for Detroit.
    Grossman has been a 1 fWAR player for most of his career. He's cheap. I'm not sure he's good.

Grossman has been a 1 fWAR player for most of his career. He's cheap. I'm not sure he's good.

Well, right now the Cubs are not looking for good, they are looking for cheap.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Well, right now the Cubs are not looking for good, they are looking for cheap.
    Which is fine, but he might not be a "nice" signing if he's not good. I don't think I'd be happy if the Cubs just spend 2/$10m for Grossman myself. He's had 1 year being a starting caliber player, and it was a shortened, small sample size season in his early 30's. Maybe he's 2020 Grossman going forward. There's reason to believe he's 2016-2019 Robbie Grossman, too. I'm not mad the Cubs didn't sign him. If the goal is for a good player, they can do better. If the goal is a cheap player, they can find cheaper.

Yeah man I'm a complete weeb so I'd love to be there

Which is fine, but he might not be a "nice" signing if he's not good. I don't think I'd be happy if the Cubs just spend 2/$10m for Grossman myself. He's had 1 year being a starting caliber player, and it was a shortened, small sample size season in his early 30's. Maybe he's 2020 Grossman going forward. There's reason to believe he's 2016-2019 Robbie Grossman, too. I'm not mad the Cubs didn't sign him. If the goal is for a good player, they can do better. If the goal is a cheap player, they can find cheaper.
    You should be a journalist! I love how you put that. If the goal is for a good player, they can do better. If the goal is for a cheap player, they can find cheaper. That makes a ton of sense in regards to Grossman when you think about it.

Honestly, in my experience from living in Asia for a while, Americans tend to do much better with the Korean ladies. Besides, authentic kalbi and bulgogi ...

"But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

- Romans 8:25

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    You should be a journalist! I love how you put that. If the goal is for a good player, they can do better. If the goal is for a cheap player, they can find cheaper. That makes a ton of sense in regards to Grossman when you think about it.
    Haha I've actually done writing before. I wrote for Cubs Related many years back when they first formed with North. Had some life things happen and I just stopped writing. I've considered kicking up a side blog, but not sure what my niche would be. The Cubs have a ton of coverage and the last thing the world needs is another BN, really.