Follow us on Twitter

Page 177 of 302 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 4523
    https://twitter.com/RyanThomure/stat...352413186?s=20

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    https://twitter.com/RyanThomure/stat...352413186?s=20

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Jeez. Iím hoping that just means they eliminated the orioles and Pirates and teams that obviously werenít going to be buying. But thatís still awful. Itís cutting off your feet to avoid having to buy shoes.

Jed was an insider who was picked because he wouldn't rock the boat. Sure he's got a great resume and with the right tools I'm sure he'd do a fine job.

It's pretty clear Ricketts wanted someone who would go along with his cost saving plan and didn't want to bring in an outsider who might have real ambitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    Yah, that's ridiculous if true. Just another example of the Ricketts cheapness costing the organization. It'd be hillarious if it wasn't so sad. Billionaires that really want people to think they can't spend any money.
    I wish my dad was rich so I could run the Cubs too. These guys are just people born with a silver spoon in their mouths with no clue how to run an actual business.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    This is a strong quote IMO. It does lead me to believe that he is thinking about this as more of a small reset than a rebuild . Could he be lying ? Maybe , but seems like a strong quote .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I read the other day that in conversations about KB teams have asked the Cubs to eat half of the money . If that is the case wow . How things have changed for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    I read the other day that in conversations about KB teams have asked the Cubs to eat half of the money . If that is the case wow . How things have changed for him.

Yup. The Cubs were told to eat at least half of his deal and they said they werenít going to eat any salary.

So thatís probably why he hasnít been dealt yet.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Jed kinda debunked the Contreras trade when asked about catchers

He said they have one of the top catchers in the game and feels great about their catcher going into the season

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Everything Hoyer and Ricketts say is irrelevant. They are politicians and spin-masters and liars. It's all PR bullshyte.

This is a strong quote IMO. It does lead me to believe that he is thinking about this as more of a small reset than a rebuild . Could he be lying ? Maybe , but seems like a strong quote .

This is the same guy who said he'd be adding arms behind Darvish and Hendricks 2 weeks ago, and said we are contending in 2021. I don't think any quote should be taken for much more than a grain of salt right now.

I'm sure the hope is that the timeline is faster than 2024. With as little MLB talent the Cubs have signed past this year right now, they're going to be hard pressed to essentially find an entire MLB team by next offseason. Maybe by 2023 they can put together a team that can compete with positive variance, but a lot this lies in prospects we didn't see last year being ready and MLB good on arrival.

I think at this point I'm most comfortable saying 2024 is probably the "best bet" for a good Cubs team again, but maybe they can make it happen earlier.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Are the Cubs really so poor they can't afford a GM? This can't be a thing, can it? There has to be some other reason. Right?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    I would assume he's been a very busy man trying to trade the entire roster. I can see why GM isn't a priority.

Jed has a Chatwood-like spin rate. Hereís hoping for better results.

Why I'm not totally upset over what going on, the team needed some changes.
    Yes it sucks it came to this but unlike before when they had little in the system and all, it not going to take forever to get it back on track again with the talent in the system now and the payroll book being wide open starting next year.

I know I'm the minority in this and maybe even be by myself..lol.. but until they're gone, I still think KB Javy and Willy will be with this team in April and 1 2 or all 3 might even still be extended. They can still be part of the bones of this team along with Rizzo, Heyward, and Happ going forward with a new window that could open with prospects that will be brought up this season and next along with FA signings next offseason

We'll see what else happens over the next 3 months

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

So Hoyer expects the Cubs to be competitive in 2021, but wonít consider themselves as major players in the FA market (via Gordo)

Wtf are you smoking, Jed? That makes no sense whatsoever.

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    So Hoyer expects the Cubs to be competitive in 2021, but wonít consider themselves as major players in the FA market (via Gordo)

Wtf are you smoking, Jed? That makes no sense whatsoever.
    The Cubs will be competitive in the sense that theyíll probably win 75+ games and the Central division winner might win 85 games so the Cubs will be on the fringes of the divisional ďraceĒ into September.

They wonít be competitive in the sense that theyíll be comparable to the best teams in the league.