Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 168 of 300 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 4500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    https://twitter.com/bnightengale/sta...661221889?s=21

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Fire sale. Boxing week deals. Everything must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    It's possible the Cubs don't even hire a GM this winter because they're too cheap to pay them.
    I said that earlier, that it wouldn't surprise me if they just waited and dealt with this offseason and into the season with their 3 assistants and Jed..

It would be hilarious to have a young guy come in for an interview with all these thoughts on building up a winner with a good core of players as a GM and be asked ok tell me how youd tear apart a winning team and shed payroll [emoji3061][emoji849][emoji12][emoji28][emoji2357]

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I'll take the league minimum to be the opening day catcher. Saves money and helps us tank. Win-win.

Everyone wanted a more consistent offense. Itll be consistent. Consistently bad. Should have been more specific.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownPacerFan View Post
    I'll take the league minimum to be the opening day catcher. Saves money and helps us tank. Win-win.
    Shoot, I'll do play by play for 500 a game lol

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Would have to think that Bryant would be fairly easy to aquire as long as the team is willing to take the entire salary . If I were Rizzo I be all over this . Lara and another lotto ticket SP may do it for them .

So sad about the Darvish deal . Thought process was right as it made sense to move him but the execution was bad . I understand the upside of these guys but you donít trade Darvish for that much risk .
    These types of guys are fine as 3rd / 4th pieces not headliners .

Still canít believe they made that deal . With that said wonít judge Hoyer based on this deal because I believe Ricketts was pushing hard for this and Darvish did have a limited NTC . Perhaps SD was the only trade option .

Ricketts could want so much money that Cubs will tank for multiple seasons. This is the worst case scenario. The young prospects we got back from SD makes me fear this. SD traded their #3 prospect for Snell who was ready for the MLB, it;s not like those guys were off the table for them.

Too soon to know but we'll probably know in the next month.

They are around 141 million in payroll right now or so believe . If Bryant and Willy go they would be around 116 million [emoji23][emoji23]

Willy is going with kb as a package deal. Canít wait to get mediocrity back 👍

I'm mostly just sad about missed opportunities. The Cubs should never have to be a team forced to tank for 4 years once a decade. But it'd be easier to stomach if they had actually maximized the window they had. Instead they refused to fix glaring flaws because of money. Often defended as they couldn't blow past the tax because they had to reset and they'd blow past later. Or that they needed to retool. Now it's obvious they are just going to go straight back to tanking after a few years of spending. The last three years of this core were essentially thrown away. If they'd actually been willing to go all out and still failed I could live with another tank job. But this is just bad ownership.
    Last edited by Sofnr; 12-29-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Ok so what team would trade for Contreras and what would the return be ?

Despite the world ending for some, I was perfectly ok with the Darvish trade. 5 yrs removed from his tommy john surgery, coming off a season in which the Cubs pushed him hard and him having a career year to top if off. This off-season was to move on from him.

But if Hoyer f**ks up the Contreras trade, I want on the ****** hoyer/ricketts bandwagon and I would want a prominent seat. Hoyer better be asking for a top 5 prospect+ for Contreras whoever he is talking to.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by huff View Post
    I wonder if the Rays would still be interested in Contreras with mejia heading to the Cubs?
    Last edited by Bluefire; 12-29-2020 at 05:45 PM.
    Screw sabermetics.

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

12 year olds.

Phillies, Yankees, Angels, Astros, Marlins.

Iíll take a wild guess and do a pitching version of the Darvish trade.

Contreras to Miami for Jorge Alfaro, Dax Fulton, Kyle Nicolas, competitive balance pick.
    Last edited by CP_414; 12-29-2020 at 05:53 PM.

A couple prospects who looked good for their junior high team in 2019.