Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 167 of 302 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 4522
  1. #2491
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    https://twitter.com/bnightengale/sta...661221889?s=21


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Yup. Not surprised

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  2. #2492
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    https://twitter.com/bnightengale/sta...661221889?s=21


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    It's both the right thing and the wrong thing to do. There's no reason on the planet the Cubs should need to move a controllable catcher. But if they're giving up (which they are) then you might as well move him.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  3. #2493
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    12,647
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    As I've said from the start, until it actually happens, I dont expect a major overhaul of this roster and think this will basically be what we have starting the season

    https://twitter.com/cubprospects/sta...205749761?s=09

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    At this point they are down 4 starting pitchers, multiple relievers, a starting LF, a backup catcher who played a lot, a 2b who played a lot. Sounds like they are shopping Contreras too and we know they are willing to trade KB. At what point is this a major roster overhaul? I think we are already way beyond that point.

  4. #2494
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    12,647
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    It's both the right thing and the wrong thing to do. There's no reason on the planet the Cubs should need to move a controllable catcher. But if they're giving up (which they are) then you might as well move him.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Yep. At this point they should trade Contreras.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #2495
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,681
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    It's both the right thing and the wrong thing to do. There's no reason on the planet the Cubs should need to move a controllable catcher. But if they're giving up (which they are) then you might as well move him.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    And this is also the reason we tried explaining last night as why the Darvish deal was so bad. I mean it has nothing to do with the actual return... they are fine players... they have upside... yada yada... It was more to do with the direction this team is about to take. It was the big picture. Thereís not a player left that we can trade thatís going to bring in a haul that makes you say ďwell we might can actually compete in 2022.Ē The writing is on the wall. This is a rebuild. Darvish and Schwarber are gone. Contreras is likely gone. Bryant is most likely gone too. It didnít have to go this way. This team could have been fixed or helped, whatever you want to call it. That is the problem I had with the Darvish move. We could have just ate some of his contract and got a better return of close or ready MLB guys/prospects back and then put actual money into this team. It is what it is now.

  6. #2496
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,542
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    And on Nov. 23 as Jed Hoyer was promoted to team president following Theo Epsteinís resignation, Ricketts seemed to assure fans that a tear-down/rebuild was not in play:

    ďI donít think anybodyís tearing anything down,Ē he said.

  7. #2497
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,542
    It's possible the Cubs don't even hire a GM this winter because they're too cheap to pay them.

  8. #2498
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,542
    For fans that don't like what Ricketts is doing, give him incentive to not do it. Don't go buy Cubs tickets when they open the park again. Don't buy any Cubs merch. Don't subscribe to Marquee.

    The Tribune Company got away with fielding a mediocre team for decades because fans showed up to the ballpark everyday to watch their loveable losers.

  9. #2499
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Chicago land
    Posts
    14,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    https://twitter.com/bnightengale/sta...661221889?s=21


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Cool.

    Can't wait to get back a 19 year old no one.

  10. #2500
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,542
    Quote Originally Posted by nowhereman5 View Post
    The Cubs gave up Pedro Martinez 3 months ago for 22 awful Josť MartŪnez plate appearances. How do these 4 compare to him?
    Nobody on this board knows anything besides what they google on the internet.

  11. #2501
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    3,654
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    This is what I've been thinking/speculating about for a while now. The Ricketts spent a lot of money on property around the park and the television station. The property investments are probably getting killed right now due to COVID and the TV network was a bit of a flop in its first year.

    This is where it gets disrespectful to fans though. In the future, if/when those investments generate income for the Ricketts family we will hear over and over again about how those are separate businesses and not related to the Cubs business. They can't possibly use money from there to add to the Cubs coffers. However, when those investments are doing poorly, it's time to cut from the "Cubs business" to fund their other ventures. Essentially, they are using the Cubs as a one way piggybank to fund other endeavors and any return from those investments will not be pushed back to the Cubs payroll, but will instead be pocketed by the Ricketts.

  12. #2502
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    289
    Iíve said for 4 years that this was coming. The build itself was flawed from the jump. It was constructed with an expiration date and they canít draft or develop pitching.

    They didnít extend any of these guys early, they instead chose to dick them around with service time and deal with it all in a 1-2 year period down the line.

  13. #2503
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    3,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    And on Nov. 23 as Jed Hoyer was promoted to team president following Theo Epsteinís resignation, Ricketts seemed to assure fans that a tear-down/rebuild was not in play:

    ďI donít think anybodyís tearing anything down,Ē he said.
    Lies from a snake.

  14. #2504
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,542
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    As I've said from the start, until it actually happens, I dont expect a major overhaul of this roster and think this will basically be what we have starting the season

    https://twitter.com/cubprospects/sta...205749761?s=09

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Bryant is gonna make about 18.5 mil in arbitration. That's not too far off Darvish. No way we start the year with him. It's a fire sale. They couldn't even keep Len Kasper FFS. It's Billy Beane baseball time baby!

  15. #2505
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,542
    Quote Originally Posted by JayZee1981 View Post
    Iíve said for 4 years that this was coming. The build itself was flawed from the jump. It was constructed with an expiration date and they canít draft or develop pitching.

    They didnít extend any of these guys early, they instead chose to dick them around with service time and deal with it all in a 1-2 year period down the line.
    The only issue I have is that this wasn't done last offseason when it should have been. Now they have most of their best players becoming FAs and not much trade value. They needed to turn these guys over.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •