Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 161 of 302 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 4523
    Every time I try and start a long post explaining how mad I am at this team and ownership I can't find the right words to express myself.

There's no rationale for a trade like this other than cheap owners. The good thing is I'm sure ticket prices will go down since payroll is going down...

Seriously **** the Ricketts, get out of my club you parasites.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    Every time I try and start a long post explaining how mad I am at this team and ownership I can't find the right words to express myself.

There's no rationale for a trade like this other than cheap owners. The good thing is I'm sure ticket prices will go down since payroll is going down...

Seriously **** the Ricketts, get out of my club you parasites.
    Lol sure. Not sure Id believe that one

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    They were small but the purpose was to get rid of veteran players/move salary that's all I'm saying.

Look man I'm tired of watching this team from 2018 on go into prolonged slumps and either lose the division/miss the playoffs or get swept in the first round. If you are happy continuing watching that year in and year out be my guest. It's time to move on for me as a lifelong Cub fan and see what the future holds. if you want to hold on to the past that's on you. This group has maxed out for me. Tired of watching a bunch of sub .240 hitters.
    Comments like the last one perplex me. "I'm tired of watching .240 hitters". That's great, because they'll probably be worse then that. The offense isn't getting any better and the Cubs didn't add anyone you can legitimately say with any belief will actually help that out. It'd be one thing if the Cubs just walked away with guys who are near the MLB and you have any idea on. The Cubs just traded their best chip for 4 guys who very legitimately may never win the Cubs a game. In any shape. And this is more so than the typical prospect trade; most of the time one player has at least 77 professional games. The Cubs prospects average having under 20 games. These are...complete unknowns.

It's not "looking to the past". It's that you have an owner selling this "need to cut costs". And he's doing so for a lot of reasons; Covid hurt profits, he took on a lot of debt on his real estate, Marquee isn't doing well...but he's also the same owner who 2 months ago said he wouldn't be putting his tax savings on Wrigley Field back into the team, he's stated multiple times his real estate business and Marquee are separate business ventures and have nothing to do with the team...he's getting his cake and eating it too. And fans are supporting it. They're letting him go. "Well the luxury tax" or "No one was at the games". Yet when they make money you'll notice...they never tell anyone how much. They're getting away with it, and people are cheering for it.

The Cubs in 2021 didn't have to suck. The Cubs in 2022 and beyond won't have to suck either. They're selling you a lie that they're going to be "sustainable". But you don't sustain winning by salary dumping players, or by going into full tank mode. There's a world where the Cubs were both sustainable and didn't suck these next 3-6 years. And yes, I said 6. They had a lot go right the last tank. They hit on every single high pick (even Almora was more successful than many top 10s are). They got lucky in Arrieta. They had most of their moves pan out. There's not a guarantee this will have as many lucky moments.

So enjoy not having to watch a bunch of sub .240 hitters. There's a good chance that you'll wish you had a bunch of .240 hitters and it simply didn't have to be this way. And maybe it'll all work out like it did before. Again, the actual return here isn't my biggest issue; it's the franchise. It's this act. We have never seen the Yankees do this. The Dodgers. The Cubs are now doing it for the second time in a decade. It didn't and doesn't have to be done.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 12-29-2020 at 01:09 AM.

The sooner that us fans realize, understand, and accept that this is a business first, and winning is secondary, the easier it is to understand and handle moves like this.

Ricketts' didn't buy the Cubs because he wants to win a lot of games. He bought them because they are a cash cow. Every move that he's made is about making more and more money. The renovation, and practically owning the whole neighborhood now is so that he can make more money. It wasn't to win more games.

How much are Padres tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    The sooner that us fans realize, understand, and accept that this is a business first, and winning is secondary, the easier it is to understand and handle moves like this.

Ricketts' didn't buy the Cubs because he wants to win a lot of games. He bought them because they are a cash cow. Every move that he's made is about making more and more money. The renovation, and practically owning the whole neighborhood now is so that he can make more money. It wasn't to win more games.
    Yes he's a real estate investor. He's Donald Trump.

He literally demolished Wrigley Field for this? He created Clark the mascot to perform at birthday parties for this?

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post

I understand what motivates the Ricketts. That just makes it worse.

I love the game. Love it. But they make it hard to love MLB. They need to change the business side of baseball or baseball will lose people.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I understand what motivates the Ricketts. That just makes it worse.

I love the game. Love it. But they make it hard to love MLB. They need to change the business side of baseball or baseball will lose people.
    The MLB hasn't been very lovable for 25 years unfortunately. Owners are greedy as ever, players are greedy cheaters. It's so romantic.

Is Marge Schott still alive? Maybe she'll buy the Cubs.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Lol sure. Not sure Id believe that one
    Was being sarcastic if it wasn't clear.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Comments like the last one perplex me. "I'm tired of watching .240 hitters". That's great, because they'll probably be worse then that. The offense isn't getting any better and the Cubs didn't add anyone you can legitimately say with any belief will actually help that out. It'd be one thing if the Cubs just walked away with guys who are near the MLB and you have any idea on. The Cubs just traded their best chip for 4 guys who very legitimately may never win the Cubs a game. In any shape. And this is more so than the typical prospect trade; most of the time one player has at least 77 professional games. The Cubs prospects average having under 20 games. These are...complete unknowns.

It's not "looking to the past". It's that you have an owner selling this "need to cut costs". And he's doing so for a lot of reasons; Covid hurt profits, he took on a lot of debt on his real estate, Marquee isn't doing well...but he's also the same owner who 2 months ago said he wouldn't be putting his tax savings on Wrigley Field back into the team, he's stated multiple times his real estate business and Marquee are separate business ventures and have nothing to do with the team...he's getting his cake and eating it too. And fans are supporting it. They're letting him go. "Well the luxury tax" or "No one was at the games". Yet when they make money you'll notice...they never tell anyone how much. They're getting away with it, and people are cheering for it.

The Cubs in 2021 didn't have to suck. The Cubs in 2022 and beyond won't have to suck either. They're selling you a lie that they're going to be "sustainable". But you don't sustain winning by salary dumping players, or by going into full tank mode. There's a world where the Cubs were both sustainable and didn't suck these next 3-6 years. And yes, I said 6. They had a lot go right the last tank. They hit on every single high pick (even Almora was more successful than many top 10s are). They got lucky in Arrieta. They had most of their moves pan out. There's not a guarantee this will have as many lucky moments.

So enjoy not having to watch a bunch of sub .240 hitters. There's a good chance that you'll wish you had a bunch of .240 hitters and it simply didn't have to be this way. And maybe it'll all work out like it did before. Again, the actual return here isn't my biggest issue; it's the franchise. It's this act. We have never seen the Yankees do this. The Dodgers. The Cubs are now doing it for the second time in a decade. It didn't and doesn't have to be done.
    You think that I was going into next season expecting help on the offense. I knew most likely that this franchise is not adding anyone of significance this offseason and what it looked like they were planning to do. And the play of our best players the last couple of years should perplex not what I'm saying about them.

There was no enjoyment watching our core players go into long slumps for extended periods of time. If you enjoyed that then that's on you but I didn't enjoy. I'm not going to change my stance on that. I'm ready to move on and see what the future holds for this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    The MLB hasn't been very lovable for 25 years unfortunately. Owners are greedy as ever, players are greedy cheaters. It's so romantic.

Is Marge Schott still alive? Maybe she'll buy the Cubs.
    I have no issues with players.

Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    You think that I was going to next season expecting help on the offense. I knew most likely that this franchise is not adding anyone of significance this offseason. And the play of our best players the last couple of years should perplex not what I'm saying about them.

There was no enjoyment watching our core players go into long slumps for extended periods of time. If you enjoyed that then that's on you but I didn't enjoy. I'm not going to change my stance on that. I'm ready to move on and see what the future holds for this franchise.
    It's been said a million times and statistically shown by others far more intelligent than I...but the idea that the Cubs went into any more or less slumps than other teams is largely a fallacy. It just feels that way, because you watch the Cubs and not (insert team here).

Guess what? The next time the Cubs are good...they will also go into slumps as a team. It wasn't some super special flaw in the players the Cubs had. It's just baseball. It's a 162 game season. It'll happen with the next group of good Cubs almost as often as this group. Theyll not score runs for a month. They will have good players who struggle.

So just prepare yourself for the 2025 Cubs or whenever they're good again. If the last group was frustrating, so will the next.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I have no issues with players.
    I know that.

I'm not a big fan of cheating. Steroids, electronic sign-stealing etc., but that's just me.

The owners and players are two groups of people who really just look after their own interests (money) because there's a ton of money on the line. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    It's been said a million times and statistically shown by others far more intelligent than I...but the idea that the Cubs went into any more or less slumps than other teams is largely a fallacy. It just feels that way, because you watch the Cubs and not (insert team here).

Guess what? The next time the Cubs are good...they will also go into slumps as a team. It wasn't some super special flaw in the players the Cubs had. It's just baseball. It's a 162 game season. It'll happen with the next group of good Cubs almost as often as this group. Theyll not score runs for a month. They will have good players who struggle.

So just prepare yourself for the 2025 Cubs or whenever they're good again. If the last group was frustrating, so will the next.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    The slumps happened far too many times and last way longer than they should and at the worst times. I don't know about the other teams and their stats but the Cubs went thru it for too long where it cost them.

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    Was being sarcastic if it wasn't clear.
    No I know you were. But I honestly wouldnt be surprised if they raise ticket prices even after the **** fest of what the 2021 season is likely to be

2016 World Series Champions!!!