Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 134 of 300 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 4500
  1. #1996
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    3,654
    I know sports are a business and players are assets with value but man I love having Darvish on the Cubs.

    Would really suck to see him traded even if it is the "right" move.

  2. #1997
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,625
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I think he played both SS and CF in HS. With 80 speed and a good arm Iím sure heíd be very good out there.

    I doubt the Cubs can get him anyway, but Iíd love to have him.
    Eh I think there's more to CF than fast. Fast guys help in CF but there's something about being a good instinctual Flyball guy, too. I think there's a probability he'd be good there but I'm definitely not sure based only on his speed.

    I'd be happy to have him. But I also don't think the Cubs are targeting him. I think this is mostly about a SP in the end.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  3. #1998
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    14,598
    Saw something from the score that says two prospects and two big league guys from the Padres


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

  4. #1999
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,625
    Sounds like Darvish + Caratini for "2 MLB players and 2 MiLB" players.

    So...
    Morejon + Dump = 2 MLB
    Lange/Wilcox + Head = 2 MiLB

    ?

  5. #2000
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    7,472
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Padres are not on Yuís 12 team limited NTC.

    So that is not a factor involved
    Yeah, I was just throwing it out there



    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  6. #2001
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    7,472
    When twitter starts blowing up with a rumor, usually means the smoke getting thicker
    Lol..
    I just hope whatever the return is, it players that end up being a good part of their team for a few years

    https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/s...723685377?s=19

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  7. #2002
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,638
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Sounds like Darvish + Caratini for "2 MLB players and 2 MiLB" players.

    So...
    Morejon + Dump = 2 MLB
    Lange/Wilcox + Head = 2 MiLB

    ?
    Yup thatís whatís being said by Bruce Levine.

    Not finalized yet, but seems to be headed that way.

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  8. #2003
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,625
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Yup thatís whatís being said by Bruce Levine.

    Not finalized yet, but seems to be headed that way.
    Yeah I was just speculating on names there as there haven't been a ton on the names involved. That'd be my guess on the breakdown.

    I'd be good with that return. Especially if Pham over Myers.

  9. #2004
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    14,598
    Still hoping for Morejon / Croneworth but yeah from that last tweet from the score I think a Morejon / Pham and 2 minor leaguers speculation wouldnít be crazy


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

  10. #2005
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Still hoping for Morejon / Croneworth but yeah from that last tweet from the score I think a Morejon / Pham and 2 minor leaguers speculation wouldnít be crazy


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Sounds like Croneworth is going to be the LFer for SD after Kim so I highly doubt they'll let him go.

    The Padres will maximize their MLB team.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  11. #2006
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    5,809
    I'm going to miss Darvish. Great guy and the most fun i've had watching a pitcher since Arrieta. But it's time to blow this team up. He's a good start.

  12. #2007
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,625
    I'm excited about this movement. This is the kind of trade the Cubs can make and help reset faster. It'll suck to lose a guy I love like Darv. But you can get some really good players back...so nows the time.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  13. #2008
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Chicago land
    Posts
    14,761
    Let's go.

    I like Yu but I am fine this. Sell high on a 34 year old pitcher with a ton of miles on his arm. Especially if you don't plan on truly competing for another 2-3 years.

  14. #2009
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    14,598
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Sounds like Croneworth is going to be the LFer for SD after Kim so I highly doubt they'll let him go.

    The Padres will maximize their MLB team.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Yeah , would imagine the dump has to be Pham since I doubt very much they are going to take Myers for 2 / 40 whatever that is . We are thinking Hassell is off the table here right ?


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

  15. #2010
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    Let's go.

    I like Yu but I am fine this. Sell high on a 34 year old pitcher with a ton of miles on his arm. Especially if you don't plan on truly competing for another 2-3 years.
    Agreed

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •