Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 96 of 300 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 4500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    It's been reported Len wasn't super jazzed about the "wear a suit to work thing". My guess is that if he was already annoyed at one of the new rules, that there was probably more he was unhappy about. He's too much of a professional to probably ever say it out loud in the public, but I'm guessing he was simply tired of Marquee, as if he loved radio, the Cubs radio position probably opens up in a few years. How many more years is 65 year old Pat Hughes going to do it daily?

He left a team he had been with for 16 years, just one year after they changed things up. Added a 3rd guy in the booth randomly (and someone as annoying as the guys they trotted in). Changed up the dress code (to really a silly thing). I don't think it's just coincidence that Len Kasper suddenly decided that he could do radio and stay in the same city and left.
    I generally don't like three man booths but the Marquee ones were generally horrible. Awful stuff.

Len was probably sick of having to get the 3rd man involved in the broadcast all the time and it rally disrupts the flow he and JD had.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Man, The Ricketts would have needed a new excuse for missing the Cubs Convention in 2021, if it had not already been cancelled.

I wish the Ricketts would just sell the damn team. It's clear they are over the heads about how to run a franchise.
    Sadly it's not going to happen, at least I don't think.

They've sunk SO much money into property investments around Wrigley and also Marquee. I'm sure they're getting absolutely killed on those investments right now due to COVID. Unless there's serious cash flow issues, they're not selling at a huge loss.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    I generally don't like three man booths but the Marquee ones were generally horrible. Awful stuff.

Len was probably sick of having to get the 3rd man involved in the broadcast all the time and it rally disrupts the flow he and JD had.
    Yeah I think there's worlds where a 3 man booth can work, but they need to compliment each other. Dempster adds nothing; they have a former player, they have a stats guy, they have "the voice"...what's he adding? Nostalgia? I'll pass.

I wouldn't blame Len not liking the new direction and bolting considering people don't tune in for Dempster or suits. They tune in because they love the Cubs and enjoy Len's voice.

They've sunk SO much money into property investments around Wrigley and also Marquee. I'm sure they're getting absolutely killed on those investments right now due to COVID. Unless there's serious cash flow issues, they're not selling at a huge loss.
    They purchased the team for like $850 million. The team is now valued at over $3 billion. Selling wouldn稚 be that outrageous of an idea. They could still keep the stuff around the ballpark if they feel it値l be profitable. If not sell that crap off separately. It痴 still pretty valuable real estate.
    If the dad was calling the shots, I believe he壇 want to sell.

I understand but man looking back, the Ricketts have no business owning a MLB Franchise.
    Screw sabermetics.

What happened?!? Not Len. No.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    I repeat. I hate sports.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    This offseason can **** off now.
    Yup.

If any of you have a few billion to loan me I値l buy them and we値l do this **** right.

If any of you have a few billion to loan me I値l buy them and we値l do this **** right.
    I知 curious of the approval process. I知 guessing there is a lot of *** kissing of some pretty shady dudes involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    I知 curious of the approval process. I知 guessing there is a lot of *** kissing of some pretty shady dudes involved.
    I知 more than willing.

I hear the Cubs have an open GM slot. If...you know...you uh...need someone....I've won a lot of OOTP WS.

I hear the Cubs have an open GM slot. If...you know...you uh...need someone....I've won a lot of OOTP WS.

Boom. CP and 1908 are gonna run this thing. Just lend us $4 billion.

Boom. CP and 1908 are gonna run this thing. Just lend us $4 billion.
    I'll sell my plasma.

So, really, we only need $3,999,999,950. Pocket change.

Len leaving for the Sox might be the most pissed off I've been as a Cub fan in QUITE a long time. I've been mad, but not pissed off.

F---------K you Ricketts.
    Like Steve Stone going to the Sox?

https://twitter.com/The_ChrisMyers/s...56276735053831

From January of this year:^

I'm not 100% sure this is his twitter account but if it is....we should have seen this coming.

If the Cubs goal is the pissed off every Cubs fan they have....well they are doing a bang up job of it.
    The goal is money.

Ricketts has been pimping the Cubs for a decade. He literally bulldozed Wrigley Field and rebuilt it as his prostitute. If you demolish a landmark and rebuild a fancy pimped-out replica in its place is it the same ballpark?