Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 95 of 300 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 4499
    Len and JD understood the pace of a baseball game and season. No yelling for a two out, bases empty double in the 2nd inning, yet the excitement was there when the moment called for it. They realized that not every second needed commentary. They knew how to let the game and their broadcasts breathe.
    If it is Myers, who I believe has only been a network guy, itíll be different. Not in a good way. Network broadcasts are a lot of noise and jamming in useless tidbits.
    Iím hoping they attempt to find someone who meshes with JD, they way they found JD to mesh with Len.
    Len will be missed, but letís not fool ourselves, we survived eight years of Chip Caray. We canít completely tune out.

Quote Originally Posted by s2obed View Post
    Is Brian Anderson available? I enjoyed hearing him when Cubs vs Brewers games were blacked out in WI.
    I like him too. Unfortunately it sounds like this is already decided. He misses a chunk of the season during the NBA playoffs every year. Maybe Marquee wouldnít be interested in him for that reason anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I like him too. Unfortunately it sounds like this is already decided. He misses a chunk of the season during the NBA playoffs every year. Maybe Marquee wouldnít be interested in him for that reason anyway.
    Well, there is this
    https://twitter.com/bleachernation/s...418383875?s=21

Doesnít Myers call college and NFL games? If heís the guy, theyíll need an alternate. Wonder who that might be

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    Well, there is this
    https://twitter.com/bleachernation/s...418383875?s=21

Doesnít Myers call college and NFL games? If heís the guy, theyíll need an alternate. Wonder who that might be

If they are actually open to other candidates Iíd start a list with Brian Anderson, Boog Sciambi, and Dave Flemming, but itís gonna be Myers.

Take this for what it's worth...

https://twitter.com/MLBastian/status...77548166209537

I'm honestly not sure how much it is that Len wanted to move on vs. Marquee/Ricketts. I think it's fair to say without all the Ricketts/Marquee stuff, Len probably wouldn't be moving on right now. It's probably something he's wanted to do but the Ricketts/Marquee stuff gave him the push to finally go and do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    Take this for what it's worth...

https://twitter.com/MLBastian/status...77548166209537

I'm honestly not sure how much it is that Len wanted to move on vs. Marquee/Ricketts. I think it's fair to say without all the Ricketts/Marquee stuff, Len probably wouldn't be moving on right now. It's probably something he's wanted to do but the Ricketts/Marquee stuff gave him the push to finally go and do it.
    Absolutely. And as someone (CP414) mentioned elsewhere, if it was really all about radio, Pat's probably going to retire in a few years. He could have moved over there. Something caused this to happen now, and my guess is that while he really wanted to do radio, that all of the Marquee ******** pushed him to go now.

Right now if this team hadn't won a WS I'd be at the front gate with pitchforks. This is an absolute joke of a major ball club and it will take a ****ing novel to explain to me or justify any of this and I don't give a **** to hear about COVID. We're a large club spare me.

The Ricketts have been systematically taking the joy of baseball from Cubs fans since the end of 2016 season. Hopefully we've reach the crescendo of this farce by the Ricketts. Probably not, though.

If it was the radio Kasper has wanted to do, I wonder if/when Hughes retires will the Cubs make Kasper their first call. And would Kasper return if they call? Part of me thinks Kasper only took the job because he did not want to move out of Chicago, otherwise there have to be better jobs than the WS for him.
    Screw sabermetics.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    If he wasn't such a pro, I might believe him.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Absolutely. And as someone (CP414) mentioned elsewhere, if it was really all about radio, Pat's probably going to retire in a few years. He could have moved over there. Something caused this to happen now, and my guess is that while he really wanted to do radio, that all of the Marquee ******** pushed him to go now.
    What Marquee stuff are you referring to? Iím outta the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    What Marquee stuff are you referring to? Iím outta the loop.
    It's been reported Len wasn't super jazzed about the "wear a suit to work thing". My guess is that if he was already annoyed at one of the new rules, that there was probably more he was unhappy about. He's too much of a professional to probably ever say it out loud in the public, but I'm guessing he was simply tired of Marquee, as if he loved radio, the Cubs radio position probably opens up in a few years. How many more years is 65 year old Pat Hughes going to do it daily?

He left a team he had been with for 16 years, just one year after they changed things up. Added a 3rd guy in the booth randomly (and someone as annoying as the guys they trotted in). Changed up the dress code (to really a silly thing). I don't think it's just coincidence that Len Kasper suddenly decided that he could do radio and stay in the same city and left.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 12-04-2020 at 02:26 PM.

Looks like everyone killing Myers on Twitter, maybe they reconsider that move...lol

https://twitter.com/sahadevsharma/st...596176897?s=19

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I hope heavily it's not Myers. I don't think that's the right direction the Cubs should go in.

Replace Len with someone who will be here for a while, and is someone who can continue to do what Len did; be a good voice, brand ambassador, and someone who enlightens and adds to the game.

Man, The Ricketts would have needed a new excuse for missing the Cubs Convention in 2021, if it had not already been cancelled.

I wish the Ricketts would just sell the damn team. It's clear they are over the heads about how to run a franchise.
    Screw sabermetics.