Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 236 of 314 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 4701

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

So I was playing around with that mlb trade simulator site and if the Cubs take on Roark in a deal with the Jays it would look something like this :

Jays get : Bryant / Hendricks

Cubs get :

Woods Richardson
    Alek Manoah
    Miguel Hiraldo
    Adam Kloffenstein
    Dasan Brown
    Tanner Roark

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Sadly, right now, you probably have to accept 85% of what true value is. With the economics and the ownership, surplus value has been warped league wide.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    So I was playing around with that mlb trade simulator site and if the Cubs take on Roark in a deal with the Jays it would look something like this :

Jays get : Bryant / Hendricks

Cubs get :

Woods Richardson
    Alek Manoah
    Miguel Hiraldo
    Adam Kloffenstein
    Dasan Brown
    Tanner Roark

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Iím not a big fan of the values on that site. Hendricks is undervalued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    I remember the Pirates were going to build their post-Cutch era around Tallion/Glasnow/Meadows and Bell.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    One big thing that effed the Cubs was going all-in and trading Gleyber, Eloy, and Cease. If we still had those guys we could afford to let most of the core walk in FA and still have a young core to build around with Nico plus Happ. The only major league ready young guys we have is Nico and Adbert. The Dodgers keep winning because they don't trade the farm away to win it all. Maybe that cost them a ring along the way who knows.
    The big problem with the offense the past few years has been too many swing and miss three true outcome players. Thatís part of the reason this team has been so awful with situational hitting. Other than Rizzo there arenít many players on this team I trust to make quality contact with a runner at third less than two outs, or a runner at second no one out.

Eloy doesnít solve that issue. Heck with Eloy you donít even get the walk part of the three true outcomes.

As for the Toronto farm system...any Jeff McNeil style players in their system? His low strikeout high contact approach is what this team needs more than toolsy swing and miss hackers.

Cubs had to decide between Eloy and Schwarber in 2017, they chose Schwarber, I doubt anyone really complained much then about keeping Schwarber. Yes it stunk to lose Eloy but Schwarber was the guy then.

Torres in 2016 wasn't even a top 30 cubs prospect at the time, and they were able to trade him in 2016 because they had Russell Baez and their no.1 prospect Happ blocking him in the middle infield.

So, noone could predict what would happen over the next 3-4 seasons with these players , but the cubs netted a WS with one and was hopeful to have a 28 yo TOR type SP under control for 3+ years but that didn't work out too well

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Yea if Toronto is wanting Hendricks you would think Pearson and Wilson would have to be in play . Kyle has a ton of value. Toronto has trouble signing free agents without overpaying it seems so maybe they are thinking get a frontline starter like Hendricks whose locked up for 3 seasons at a minimum and not have to fight the FA battle with other clubs . If Iím Jed Iím asking for a freaking ton

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by huff View Post
    Yea if Toronto is wanting Hendricks you would think Pearson and Wilson would have to be in play . Kyle has a ton of value. Toronto has trouble signing free agents without overpaying it seems so maybe they are thinking get a frontline starter like Hendricks whose locked up for 3 seasons at a minimum and not have to fight the FA battle with other clubs . If Iím Jed Iím asking for a freaking ton
    Pearson is already in the MLB. Hes not in play. The Jays wouldn't take away from their MLB to buy players.

It'll be guys further away.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/st...538023937?s=19

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Pearson is already in the MLB. Hes not in play. The Jays wouldn't take away from their MLB to buy players.

It'll be guys further away.

I realize you fundamentally believe the Cubs wonít win again for multiple years and that is why you think prospects further away are what is being asked about but you have that belief based on the Darvish deal which was a contract dump. I donít believe that yet so asking for near ready players that will be experienced and coming into their own sooner rather than later. Just saying that if Kyle Hendricks is being discussed there has to be very high end near term specs coming back especially if we are taking garbage like Roark back.

Quote Originally Posted by huff View Post
    I realize you fundamentally believe the Cubs wonít win again for multiple years and that is why you think prospects further away are what is being asked about but you have that belief based on the Darvish deal which was a contract dump. I donít believe that yet so asking for near ready players that will be experienced and coming into their own sooner rather than later. Just saying that if Kyle Hendricks is being discussed there has to be very high end near term specs coming back especially if we are taking garbage like Roark back.
    That literally has nothing to do with it. I even explained that in the post you quoted. Teams don't trade Nate Pearsons.

Teams do not rob Peter to pay Paul. Go look at all of the recent trades of prospects for MLB talent. One of the rarer trades was Patino, but I don't think Snell is a 1:1 for Hendricks in value nor are the Jays as flush with young pitchers. The Jays are trying to add pitching, not steal their best SP prospect to get a SP. Fans do this all the time where they think their team is going to get the young, MLB ready talent already on the other team back and it almost never works like that.

I'm saying the Cubs are not getting an MLB ready SP from a team who wants to get better in their rotation. I didnt say anything about what the Cubs would ask for. I said the Cubs would get players further from the MLB than Pearson. Because they will simply by principal. They would get a good return for Hendricks. Never said they wouldn't. I said they wouldn't get Nate Pearson and he wouldn't be in play.

Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-24-2021 at 09:09 PM.

So I guess the guy who started all this brewhaha about Hendricks walked it back today. I guess the cub fans swarmed lol