Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 231 of 314 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 4701
    If they were to match up on a trade, I'd imagine Roark would be sent our way to offset some salary, especially given he's an FA after the year.

Would really be something to turn Darvish and Hendricks into Roark and Davies for 2021. I know the white flag seems to be waving but that would be a big yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by cubs1423 View Post
    https://twitter.com/ScottyMitchTSN/s...338968067?s=20

I've come to terms that there will be turnover but trading Hendricks would be really disappointing. Almost as disappointing as trading Rizzo.
    Hendricks and Rizzo are probably the only 2 players that Iíd be shocked to see them trade.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Only if we all rotate as the Cubs backup catcher.
    I'll take any game Shelby Miller throws. Figure he'll get battered so much that it won't really be much work for me, as the catcher. Ball want make it to me.

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I'll take any game Shelby Miller throws. Figure he'll get battered so much that it won't really be much work for me, as the catcher. Ball want make it to me.
    Give me Davies. Iíll have 40 passed balls but at least I wonít die like I would if it was Marquez.

Hendricks and Rizzo are probably the only 2 players that Iíd be shocked to see them trade.
    Same, which is why that tweet shocked me. I mean, it is one guy saying there have been discussions which doesn't indicate anything serious, but given I had assumed both of them were staying put it was still a bit upsetting.

That said, I do think there is a good Bryant fit with the Jays, especially given they have a contract like Roark on the books that could offset salary and provide the Cubs a guy to put on the mound every 5 days (even though that day would probably be a disaster more often than not). Further, while I don't think the Cubs are getting anything near a top prospect for Bryant, it is notable that the Jays top guys are pretty young and could fit the Cubs new timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by cubs1423 View Post
    https://twitter.com/ScottyMitchTSN/s...338968067?s=20

I've come to terms that there will be turnover but trading Hendricks would be really disappointing. Almost as disappointing as trading Rizzo.
    "I don't think anyone is tearing anything down"

What a smug prick Ricketts is.

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

What would a Hendricks/KB trade to Toronto look like? Say you take back Roark to offset some salary and eat some innings. Roark is a net negative so that increases what the Jays have to offer. They could also take Grickuk as the salary dump instead of Roark.

Roark, Groshans, Woods Richardson, filler?

Roark, Martin, Kloffensetin, filler?

Roark, Woods Richardson, Manoah, Martinez?

Ten 16 year olds?

I donít see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    "I don't think anyone is tearing anything down"

What a smug prick Ricketts is.
    As I've mentioned many times, he was very slippery. That was the sentence that got all the headlines, but he qualified it with "I would always take Jedís recommendation on what to do with what happens on the field". He made sure to immediately place the blame on Jed. Right off the bat.

Romine gets $1.5m. I believe that's the most money the Cubs have signed anyone to in like 2+ years.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    I think the biggest signing since Kimbrel (which, in hindsight, is an inexcusable deal).

It also probably sucks up most of our money for signings this year.

What would a Hendricks/KB trade to Toronto look like? Say you take back Roark to offset some salary and eat some innings. Roark is a net negative so that increases what the Jays have to offer. They could also take Grickuk as the salary dump instead of Roark.

Ten 16 year olds?

Woods Richardson became a pretty damn good closer with my team in a video game. So, there's that.

Ten 16 year olds?

I thought about Grichuk but I really do not see the Cubs taking on his $10MM salary over the next 3 years. Cost is probably fine for what they are trying to accomplish but the length makes it tricky.

That all said, I agree. A lot of moving parts and I think coming to an agreement on valuation for KB is already difficult enough. Adding Hendricks to the package makes it all the more difficult and unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    I think the biggest signing since Kimbrel (which, in hindsight, is an inexcusable deal).

It also probably sucks up most of our money for signings this year.
    I'm not entirely ready to write off Kimbrel. He was bad in 2019 and the first 3 appearances by him last year, but he was basically lights out after. I think there's some Darvish-type bounceback with him.

But that aside, yeah, that's probably your big signing this offseason. Austin ****ing Romine. Career .2 fWAR. Career 69 wRC+.

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status...799019014?s=20

Could be worth up to $2.5m. Ricketts must have found some money in his coat pocket or something to be dishing out bonus money. I find it interesting he's got an escalator in there for games started, especially with the Contreras rumors rolling around.

As I've mentioned many times, he was very slippery. That was the sentence that got all the headlines, but he qualified it with "I would always take Jedís recommendation on what to do with what happens on the field". He made sure to immediately place the blame on Jed. Right off the bat.
    Shocking that Theo left when he did, I bet he even forfeited a decent chunk of his salary to get out of this mess.

I'm not entirely ready to write off Kimbrel. He was bad in 2019 and the first 3 appearances by him last year, but he was basically lights out after. I think there's some Darvish-type bounceback with him.

But that aside, yeah, that's probably your big signing this offseason. Austin ****ing Romine. Career .2 fWAR. Career 69 wRC+.
    I meant it more in the context of the money faucet was being shut off after 2019. If Theo and Co. knew that the money would stop flowing then it makes no sense to lock up the remaining money you do have in Kimbrel.

Now, if they were surprised by the payroll being cut by Ricketts like many have speculated they were, then I guess you cant really fault them.