Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 228 of 314 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 4701
    https://twitter.com/ByRobertMurray/s...551420928?s=20

Realmuto market heating up. Might bring in suitors for Contreras.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Lol trade him now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30753695/chicago-cubs-kris-bryant-not-having-much-fun-before%3fplatform=amp

Not only has he been falling apart physically but now there are mental lapses?

Get what you can for him and move on, if he is ever truly a legit MVP canidate again I would be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    Lol trade him now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp

Not only has he been falling apart physically but now there are mental lapses?

Get what you can for him and move on, if he is ever truly a legit MVP canidate again I would be surprised.
    I mean I don't think that's a mental lapse. Thats a guy who had to come to terms with trade rumors. I think most players feel that way. Bryant was candid. I see nothing wrong with what he said.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Where the hell did mental lapses come in? Some fans are ****ing pathetic. Bryant was asked a specific question about whether he was having fun on the field. He admitted that his bad play and not having a clue whether he was going to be traded at any time has taken some fun out of the game for him. There's not a human being alive who would claim differently in that situation. He's not claiming anybody should feel bad for him or he isn't lucky to be a millionaire athlete. He answered a question honestly. Some sports fans have a real hard time admitting athletes are human beings but also love screaming about their flaws. I'm sure the meat heads will have a field day with this especially with all the clickbait headlines that go along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    Where the hell did mental lapses come in? Some fans are ****ing pathetic. Bryant was asked a specific question about whether he was having fun on the field. He admitted that his bad play and not having a clue whether he was going to be traded at any time has taken some fun out of the game for him. There's not a human being alive who would claim differently in that situation. He's not claiming anybody should feel bad for him or he isn't lucky to be a millionaire athlete. He answered a question honestly. Some sports fans have a real hard time admitting athletes are human beings but also love screaming about their flaws. I'm sure the meat heads will have a field day with this especially with all the clickbait headlines that go along with it.
    All of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    Jesse Rogers was getting hit pretty good with the click bait

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

The more interesting (and frustrating) comment from KB, at least to me, was when #17 was talking about having dinner with Bryce during his FA and that Harper told him Chicago was his top choice. I don't know if this is new to anybody else but it is to me.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    The more interesting (and frustrating) comment from KB, at least to me, was when #17 was talking about having dinner with Bryce during his FA and that Harper told him Chicago was his top choice. I don't know if this is new to anybody else but it is to me.
    Where did you read this? Would like to take a glance myself.

Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Where did you read this? Would like to take a glance myself.
    I posted the tweet a handful of hours ago. Just scroll up, and I got you.

Jesse is getting absolutely slammed on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    Jesse is getting absolutely slammed on twitter
    The headline is misleading but he's getting unnecessary hate, too. The article is generally fair, the headline is rough. But people only read the headline.

That said it's probably high time he edit the headline to something like "Trade rumors have weighed heavy on Bryant in past" or something. Hes made it worse doubling down.

Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-21-2021 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Meh. Bryce was flirting with the city of Chicago the whole time he was a FA so it wasn't exactly a secret. Problem was the Cubs had an albatross contract in RF already and no one was going to take it off our hands so the idea of Bryce ever being on the Cubs died right there.

Quote Originally Posted by cuzi View Post
    Meh. Bryce was flirting with the city of Chicago the whole time he was a FA so it wasn't exactly a secret. Problem was the Cubs had an albatross contract in RF already and no one was going to take it off our hands so the idea of Bryce ever being on the Cubs died right there.
    This. An argument could be made that the Jason heyward contract is what paved the way to the death of the Cubs dynasty. Coupled with the massive disappointment of Addison Russell.