Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 227 of 314 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 4701
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    Idk how no one else jumped at Brantley at that price. Feels like he is always underpaid given his skillset.
    Money. There's about 6 or so teams who seem to care about the 2021 season right now, and something like 20 who've already shrugged their shoulders and said "meh, whatever" and then went and took a 4 month nap.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Reporting is ****ing pathetic these days. It's more important to be first than it is to be right.
    They might need new a inside source
    Where Dom, he got connection
    Lol

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

6 months ago the Cubs had Yu Darvish, Jon Lester, Jose Quintana, Tyler Chatwood, Kyle Schwarber, and Theo Epstein. Now we have Zach Davies, Shelby Miller, Phillip Ervin, Nick Martini, some A-ball lottery tickets, and no GM.

https://twitter.com/Adams_Steve/stat...673870338?s=19

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    6 months ago the Cubs had Yu Darvish, Jon Lester, Jose Quintana, Tyler Chatwood, Kyle Schwarber, and Theo Epstein. Now we have Zach Davies, Shelby Miller, Phillip Ervin, Nick Martini, some A-ball lottery tickets, and no GM.
    most fans were ready to ship Q, Schwarber and Chatwood out for a bag of balls..lol
    Lester career hanging by a thread

I do get what you're saying though

Ricketts is saving money, thatís the main thing......

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    most fans were ready to ship Q, Schwarber and Chatwood out for a bag of balls..lol
    Lester career hanging by a thread

I do get what you're saying though

That doesn't mean fans were right for it. Q and Schwarber were more valuable than many fans understand. They weren't superstars but were quality depth and role players on good teams.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    https://twitter.com/Adams_Steve/stat...673870338?s=19

Second time being outbid by a Japanese team [emoji23]

Money. There's about 6 or so teams who seem to care about the 2021 season right now, and something like 20 who've already shrugged their shoulders and said "meh, whatever" and then went and took a 4 month nap.
    And then there the Cubs in which the owners have to break into their piggy banks just to sign the Shelby Miller and Jonathon Holder's of the world.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    Second time being outbid by a Japanese team [emoji23]
    Lol sad but true

2016 World Series Champions!!!

The good news is no team in the NL Central has signed any free agent for over a million dollars yet so everyone might be in a similar boat financially. The good news is that the Reds probably won't have Bauer next season.

The good news is no team in the NL Central has signed any free agent for over a million dollars yet so everyone might be in a similar boat financially. The good news is that the Reds probably won't have Bauer next season.
    There only like a handful of teams actually trying to win this season, we may see a couple 100 win teams and a couple 100 loss teams with a whole lotta 70-80s in between lol

We just gotta hope that the cubs have enough future major league talent in their system to build around in a couple years to help them start winning sooner rather then later to avoid a long stress of losing when teams start to overspend again on free agents

That doesn't mean fans were right for it. Q and Schwarber were more valuable than many fans understand. They weren't superstars but were quality depth and role players on good teams.
    This is spot on

Their CBT payroll sits at about 136 mil. What's the opening day payroll? Over/under 125 mil. I'm going under.

I guess. I'll have a hard time caring about this team, however, if they're on pace for 78 wins and just 3-4 games out of the playoffs. There's little valor in being the 2nd best team in a really horrible division.