Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 224 of 314 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 4701
    Ok, thank guys

Now I'm laughing imagining a trade ever being held up because of a goodbye video not being ready [emoji1787]

Mets: ok Jed, we'll give you the guy you want, let make it official

Jed: great, but can we hold off a day or two, we're still preparing our goodbye video

Mets: [emoji1751]

LMAO

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Ok, thank guys

Now I'm laughing imagining a trade being held up because of a goodbye video not being ready [emoji1787]

Jed: great, but can we hold off a day or two, we're still preparing our goodbye video

LMAO

Huh? He never said it was being held up for that reason. He said in one post "goodbyes are being prepared" he never said thats why they were being held up. Hold the guy accountable but you're conflating what's going on.

Yeah that would be a weird reason why they'd be held up. But no one ever said that.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Huh? He never said it was being held up for that reason. He said in one post "goodbyes are being prepared" he never said thats why they were being held up. Hold the guy accountable but you're conflating what's going on.

Yeah that would be a weird reason why they'd be held up. But no one ever said that.

I didn't say it was, I said I was imagining if it ever happens

Ok, thank guys

Now I'm laughing imagining a trade ever being held up because of a goodbye video not being ready [emoji1787]

LMAO

That’s not what he means.

A trade would never be held up for that reason. A “source” doesn’t have to be Jed or some front office decision maker. A handful of people are in the loop before moves are made. That includes PR people/social media people. So when someone says “goodbyes are being prepared” they don’t necessarily mean the players are preparing to say goodbye or the team is preparing to call the player. It could mean that a PR person is writing a press release to be ready because they were told a trade is close. It could mean a social media person is preparing a tribute video to tweet once the deal is done.

It’s not like they have a going away party when someone gets traded. The only goodbyes to prepare are the public announcements.

I didn't say it was, I said I was imagining if it ever happens

Oh. It definitely feels like, with a few posts that's what you meant.

I understand now.

Oh. It definitely feels like, with a few posts that's what you meant.

I understand now.

Before I was wondering exactly what it was but yours and Bulls post cleared that up..

Then I was just thinking about how funny it would be to have that be a reason to hold a trade up, at least it was a funny thought for me, lol

Before I was wondering exactly what it was but yours and Bulls post cleared that up..

Then I was just thinking about how funny it would be to have that be a reason to hold a trade up, at least it was a funny thought for me, lol

Makes sense. I get it now. Thanks!

I’m still not trusting Twitter guy.

That's fine. I think it's far more interesting that Marquee Network seemingly had a Bryant article ready to post the same day Andy Martino claimed a deal was close over the weekend. And to a specific team.

That's the real story.

Ok, thank guys

LMAO

Cubs had to lay off their video guy because they couldn’t afford him. They’re in the process of hiring an intern from Oakton community college to make the video but are having trouble finding someone that will work for free.

A lot of Springer to Blue Jays talk right now and a decision could be coming in the next 24 hours. If he does go to Toronto I wonder if KB to Mets happens quickly after that .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

That's fine. I think it's far more interesting that Marquee Network seemingly had a Bryant article ready to post the same day Andy Martino claimed a deal was close over the weekend. And to a specific team.

That's the real story.

Sorry to rehash something that may have already been covered, but did Martino claim a deal was close? My understanding was it was only that Dom guy.

Quote Originally Posted by cubs1423 View Post
    Sorry to rehash something that may have already been covered, but did Martino claim a deal was close? My understanding was it was only that Dom guy.
    Andy Martino claimed the Cubs were close to a trade of Bryant that same weekend, on the same Saturday. He did say the Cubs and Mets hadn't been talking. But Martino has always been iffy. Perhaps he was only right about part of it.

https://twitter.com/martinonyc/statu...007159298?s=19

Same day that Marquee apparently had the bones of a "Bryant to the Mets" article ready to roll. Maybe it was like how people have obits ready to roll, but it was specific to the team, but left the return blank, which makes me feel like it wasn't.

Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-19-2021 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    A lot of Springer to Blue Jays talk right now and a decision could be coming in the next 24 hours. If he does go to Toronto I wonder if KB to Mets happens quickly after that .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Good point. If the Mets miss on Springer, they could pivot to KB. Not sure why the original deal fell through, but it must have been pretty far along judging by everything we now know.

Springer to the Jays seem very likely now.

https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/sta...993958912?s=19

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/st...521406977?s=19