Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 223 of 314 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 4701
  1. #3331
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,664
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    It gets even worse. He'll make $2m this year and $3m...in 2023. This is where the Chicago Cubs are at. They can't beat that offer. That's too much and they needed to "clear money" to beat...that. A team who was at $218m last year. Who's down to ~$140m and still needs to "clear money" according to Jesse Rogers. They can't beat that.

    I'm okay with Lester leaving. I'm just floored with how bad the ownership is right now. If we're going to suck let the man win 200 here.
    Jesus ****ing Christ.

    That’s pathetic on biblical proportions. If you’re that cash strapped Tom, sell the ****ing team then.

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  2. #3332
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    3,655
    What's even crazier is I bet Jon would have taken less than that to stay in Chicago and not have to move his family for a year. I'm not saying he'd take a lot less or anything, but I'm sure he'd have taken some sort of discount.

  3. #3333
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,659
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    What's even crazier is I bet Jon would have taken less than that to stay in Chicago and not have to move his family for a year. I'm not saying he'd take a lot less or anything, but I'm sure he'd have taken some sort of discount.
    Right? I bet if they gave him $3.5m or something in 2021, he was here in Chicago. Or $4m. Which is pittance for an MLB SP. I have no issue moving on from Lester on baseball premises, but winning seems to be something the Cubs have zero interest in right now, so if that's the case, then let the man win his 200 in Chicago. He was practically begging to do so from reports.

  4. #3334
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,116
    How are they going to fill out the rest of the roster if they can't afford 2-4m? KB is going to end up being a salary dump with a crap return and we're going to be HEATED

  5. #3335
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,114
    Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    Hmmm I guess it’s time to take a step back from this Dom guy. He called his shot and nothing happened. He called it again on this and looks to be wrong again. Not sure how he broke the Boog news now. I guess a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile.
    Yeah, seems some of us had him pegged pretty well from the beginning. Sucks to be right as it would be fun having as many insiders as possible, but clearly he’s overstated his information.

    Another one bites the dust.

  6. #3336
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    5,637
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Jesus ****ing Christ.

    That’s pathetic on biblical proportions. If you’re that cash strapped Tom, sell the ****ing team then.
    Tom feels like one of those people who buys an expensive car, but for the rest of the month he lives on beanie weenies and ramen noodles and lives in a cheap apartment.

    Tom and his family are definitely in over-their-heads as owners of the Cubs and they should sell. But of course they won't because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ reasons.
    Screw sabermetics.

  7. #3337
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    How are they going to fill out the rest of the roster if they can't afford 2-4m? KB is going to end up being a salary dump with a crap return and we're going to be HEATED
    The Indians traded Lindor and didn't really get that great of a return. They got a once top prospect who in 4 years has shown to be nothing more than a bench player/defensive replacement, a fringe top 100 prospect that was called up last year, and a couple prospects who now sit 12th and 16th in the Indians system.

    Salary dump or not, KB hasnt been the MVP caliber player he once was for 3 years and he cant stay healthy so he was never going to bring back a great return for 1 year.

    Should be more heated about the guy who bailed and left the Cubs in this position because he wanted to judge results over potential but continued to bet on potential instead of results and it never paid off multiple times.

  8. #3338
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,659
    https://twitter.com/WCIA3Andy/status...301369859?s=19
    Marquee had an article ready to post on Saturday last week stating Bryant had been dealt to the Mets. The remnants were still in Marquee in the archives.


    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-19-2021 at 09:10 PM.

  9. #3339
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,217
    I realize that win cycles come and go and that organizations have to make hard decisions but man..watching the guys who brought me the greatest sports moment in my life get zero support from the owners of my favorite team is really sad.

  10. #3340
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    12,691
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    https://twitter.com/WCIA3Andy/status...301369859?s=19
    Marquee had an article ready to post on Saturday last week stating Bryant had been dealt to the Mets. The remnants were still in Marquee in the archives.


    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    “Goodbyes are being prepared”

  11. #3341
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,659
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    “Goodbyes are being prepared”
    Saturday last week was the day DOM claimed bad news.

    I can't say that I have verified it. Marquee has taken it down according to the poster. I didn't see it. But he did post a link to it. And how to find it. It doesn't look like a photoshop job to my untrained eye. And Tony Andracki is a Marquee employee who posts digital media.

    It's TIFWIW territory for me. Just thought it interesting.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-19-2021 at 09:33 PM.

  12. #3342
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,457
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    “Goodbyes are being prepared”
    Probably why the trade hasn’t happened yet. Goodbyes are still being prepared.

  13. #3343
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    7,487
    Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    Probably why the trade hasn’t happened yet. Goodbyes are still being prepared.
    Ok, I'm gonna ask
    What or how exactly are goodbyes "prepared" with players being traded

    Hey KB this is Jed, we just traded you to the Mets, thanks for everything and good luck.
    Bye [emoji2369][emoji849][emoji28]

    I mean, I never heard of a trade held up for goodbye preparation or anything related to goodbyes..lol
    What am I missing with this

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  14. #3344
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,659
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Ok, I'm gonna ask
    What or how exactly are goodbyes "prepared" with players being traded

    Hey KB this is Jed, we just traded you to the Mets, thanks for everything and good luck.
    Bye [emoji2369][emoji849][emoji28]

    I mean, I never heard of a trade held up for goodbye preparation or anything related to goodbyes..lol

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Unless they're preparing media goodbyes. Like a video online. Just spitballing, but teams always prepare goodbye posts and media videos for big trades.

    https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/1347...335785480?s=19

    https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/1344...654595072?s=19

    https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/1344...573548033?s=19

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-19-2021 at 09:44 PM.

  15. #3345
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,457
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Ok, I'm gonna ask
    What or how exactly are goodbyes "prepared" with players being traded

    Hey KB this is Jed, we just traded you to the Mets, thanks for everything and good luck.
    Bye [emoji2369][emoji849][emoji28]

    I mean, I never heard of a trade held up for goodbye preparation or anything related to goodbyes..lol
    What am I missing with this

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    I am positive I have read “Goodbyes are being prepared” in articles about rumored trades. I think it’s just media speak. It sounds silly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •