Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 220 of 314 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 4701
    I'd rather see borderline rookies get their opportunities in a loss season whether it a pitcher or position player. If, when they struggle let them ride it out and see how they get themselves out if it or not

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I'd rather see borderline rookies get their opportunities in a loss season whether it a pitcher or position player. If, when they struggle let them ride it and see how they get themselves out if it or not

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    I think most people would. But I guess some people would rather watch someone like Chatwood who is a never been go out there and close his eyes and pray the ball winds up within 2 feet of the target only to surrender 2 walks followed by a HR.

I don't really care if it's Chatwood or whatever. I think Chatwood holds potential as a BP arm, or a guy who could "find it" for half a year and net you a lottery ticket trade option later. Alec Mills and the other list of bad arms like Shelby Miller probably don't even have that upside.

I won't worry they didn't sign Chatwood, I can see where he might hold a bit more value than someone like Miller, but whatever. Frankly, I'm done caring what the 2021 team is going to be. They clearly don't give a ****. They can't be bothered to spend $4m on the rotation to let Lester get to $200 in a wasted season, so it's pretty clear where their intentions are right now. Pinch, literally, every penny. We'll get more Shelby Millers on non-guaranteed deals. I really don't even know if the Cubs will hand out a single guaranteed contract at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I don't really care if it's Chatwood or whatever. I think Chatwood holds potential as a BP arm, or a guy who could "find it" for half a year and net you a lottery ticket trade option later. Alec Mills and the other list of bad arms like Shelby Miller probably don't even have that upside.

I won't worry they didn't sign Chatwood, I can see where he might hold a bit more value than someone like Miller, but whatever. Frankly, I'm done caring what the 2021 team is going to be. They clearly don't give a ****. They can't be bothered to spend $4m on the rotation to let Lester get to $200 in a wasted season, so it's pretty clear where their intentions are right now. Pinch, literally, every penny. We'll get more Shelby Millers on non-guaranteed deals. I really don't even know if the Cubs will hand out a single guaranteed contract at this point.
    This reads as ****** the Cubs but in a more elegant manner and I agree with it. Hopefully there is a minor league season because I am not likely to be heavily invested in the ML club.
    Screw sabermetics.

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...797967872?s=19

Well thats not good.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

There's plenty of reasons to ***** involving the Cubs. Not signing Tyler Chatwood ain't one of them.

At least our GM isn't texting out dickpics. As far as we know.

Well thats not good.

Wth Jared Porter.

Well thats not good.

Wow. Wtf man

And he did it while working for the Cubs. Great.

Well thats not good.

Super cringe.

Lol what a day for the Cubs organization

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    And he did it while working for the Cubs. Great.
    I do hope that for the Cubs sake they really didn't know and didn't just cover this up. Reading the article the woman seemed really scared to tell anyone. And by 2017 it seems both he and the other "unnamed employee" were no longer working with the Cubs. It's believable that perhaps the the Cubs didn't know about this, though I'm not sure how likely.

In the end this is pathetic behavior by Porter and if the Cubs have people who knew, I hope they get the boot as well. This is reprehensible.

Itís in the article but the Cubs statement regarding Jared Porter:

ďThis story came to our attention tonight and we are not aware of this incident ever being reported to the organization. Had we been notified, we would have taken swift action as the alleged behavior is in violation of our code of conduct. While these two individuals are no longer with the organization, we take issues of sexual harassment seriously and plan to investigate the matter.Ē

I do hope that for the Cubs sake they really didn't know and didn't just cover this up. Reading the article the woman seemed really scared to tell anyone. And by 2017 it seems both he and the other "unnamed employee" were no longer working with the Cubs. It's believable that perhaps the the Cubs didn't know about this, though I'm not sure how likely.

In the end this is pathetic behavior by Porter and if the Cubs have people who knew, I hope they get the boot as well. This is reprehensible.

I would be shocked if the Cubs knew about this and didnít act on it. Anything is possible, but it just seems highly unlikely. I hope thatís the case. Iím just glad that this can be handled properly now.

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    I would be shocked if the Cubs knew about this and didnít act on it. Anything is possible, but it just seems highly unlikely. I hope thatís the case. Iím just glad that this can be handled properly now.
    Perhaps. Hard to tell. Jed, Theo and Porter go back a long way. I want to believe they would have done something but I just don't know. Quite often we hear about things in organizations that shock us. It could be lower level guys who knew.

So I will just hope for the Cubs sake that that they didn't. I don't want to have rooted for anyone who knew this guy was a scumbag and let him stick around.

The last time we started a rebuild we were atlleast willing to give major league contracts to a few bounce back candidates.