Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 219 of 314 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 4701
    Chatwood has a deal with the Jays, per Heyman. Odd that he and Lester sign one after the other. Curious if that suggests they were waiting on something with regards to the Cubs or if it is just a coincidence. Of course, it could also just be that the two are similar enough that their markets overlapped.

Maybe Dom was foreshadowing Chatwood's departure

Quote Originally Posted by cubs1423 View Post
    Chatwood has a deal with the Jays, per Heyman. Odd that he and Lester sign one after the other. Curious if that suggests they were waiting on something with regards to the Cubs or if it is just a coincidence. Of course, it could also just be that the two are similar enough that their markets overlapped.
    I would imagine coincidence. If Lester only got 4 mil, then the Cubs were never bringing him back no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Under a month til ST, maybe this is the start of FA signing.
    These guys wanna get settled into their new homes

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Baseball offseason is so ******* boring. It just drags on for months, even into spring training. Sure you have teams like the Padres that get aggressive, but for the most part itís slow. I hate it.

https://twitter.com/feinsand/status/...395764227?s=21

So we lost 2 starters for about 7 mil tonight. Nicely done...

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    Baseball offseason is so ******* boring. It just drags on for months, even into spring training. Sure you have teams like the Padres that get aggressive, but for the most part itís slow. I hate it.
    Agree
    I like the NFL, you get signings 1 minute after Free Agency starts , then the combines, then the Draft. Next thing you know they're doing camps, then it training camp and preseason games. It goes by so fast

https://twitter.com/feinsand/status/...395764227?s=21

So we lost 2 starters for about 7 mil tonight. Nicely done...
    I'll let the Lester argument slide based on sentimental reasons of let him get his 200 here yada yada. But Tyler Chatwood? Would easily rather let him go somewhere for $3-5.5M and spend the savings you get from sending Mills/Alzolay out there in his place on something else. Losing Chatwood is nothing to cry over and outside of sentiments neither is Lester.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Agree
    I like the NFL, you get signings 1 minute after Free Agency starts , then the combines, then the Draft. Next thing you know they're doing camps, then it training camp and preseason games. It goes by so fast

Yep but baseball will never be football. In football thereís about as big of a college football following as it is NFL. People watch all these guys on Saturdays and follow the combine and draft because they know all these players, and NFL players donít have to develop for 3-4 years in the minors. It is what it is you know. But free agency could be more fun. Like they do the winter meetings and have shows and hype it up, and sometimes nothing even happens.

Quote Originally Posted by cuzi View Post
    I'll let the Lester argument slide based on sentimental reasons of let him get his 200 here yada yada. But Tyler Chatwood? Would easily rather let him go somewhere for $3-5.5M and spend the savings you get from sending Mills/Alzolay out there in his place on something else. Losing Chatwood is nothing to cry over and outside of sentiments neither is Lester.
    Somebody still has to go out there and pitch. Give me Chatwood for 3 mil as opposed to some Alec Mills type for 1 mil. Itís no difference when we are like 70-80 mil under the luxury tax. At least Chat is nasty and fun to watch when heís right.

Somebody still has to go out there and pitch. Give me Chatwood for 3 mil as opposed to some Alec Mills type for 1 mil. Itís no difference when we are like 70-80 mil under the luxury tax. At least Chat is nasty and fun to watch when heís right.
    Why? Why would you rather pay someone who is bad and statistically worse MORE? It makes no sense.

Why? Why would you rather pay someone who is bad and statistically worse MORE? It makes no sense.
    Itís 2 mil. Jump back off the ledge

Itís 2 mil. Jump back off the ledge
    You are the one losing it over Tyler freaking Chatwood. Back off the ledge? LOL!

Yep but baseball will never be football. In football thereís about as big of a college football following as it is NFL. People watch all these guys on Saturdays and follow the combine and draft because they know all these players, and NFL players donít have to develop for 3-4 years in the minors. It is what it is you know. But free agency could be more fun. Like they do the winter meetings and have shows and hype it up, and sometimes nothing even happens.
    Yeah I never got that with the Winter Meetings and the werk long hoopla on ESPN, Etc. , management straight out tells you deals rarely get done at the meetings, that the only thing happening there is ground work being laid out and guys getting drunk..lol

You are the one losing it over Tyler freaking Chatwood. Back off the ledge? LOL!
    You quoted me. I made 1 post laughing at the fact that we couldnít keep 2 starters for 7 mil when we literally have to run somebody out there. Thereís a nostalgia factor with Lester. We arenít winning this year. Letís at least be able to watch Jon get #200. Whatever. Itís not a big deal. If you want to discuss baseball players and values, Iím not doing it with you. Not over Chatwood that went for 3 mil as opposed to some retread we will sign for 1 mil. Sorry. Look elsewhere to split hairs with.