Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 217 of 314 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 4701
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Yeah the news is Lester to the Nationals is basically done. Thats nothing I care about.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Well, I think that we all should feel a massive amount of gratitude to Lester for his six years as a Cub, so there will still be sadness among the fans to say farewell to a core essential player of this era. While we can all acknowledge he is at the end of his career, it doesn't erase all the great memories. Time to move on? Sure. Still feel a little melancholy? Yeah. It's the nostalgia factor.
    Last edited by Vince70; 01-18-2021 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince70 View Post
    Well, I think that we all should feel a massive amount of gratitude to Lester for his seven years as a Cub, so there will still
    some sadness among the fans to say farewell to a core essential player of this era. While we can all acknowledge he is at the end of his career, it doesn't erase all the great memories. Time to move on? Sure. Still feel a little melancholy? Yeah. It's the nostalgia factor.
    That wasn't my point. I love Lester. I don't care because it's such a small baseball move. But I didn't expect him back.

His return to the Cubs was, at least to me, was always unlikely and had come to terms with that one. It's not a transaction that is "new" in the sense I feel like we have already said goodbye.

I was much more concerned this was a Ricketts issue, a payroll issue, or a major transaction like Contreras or Bryant.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-18-2021 at 08:15 PM.

I always assumed Lester wanted a major league contract. That alone put him out of our reach.

Dom saying Lester to the Nats isnít the bad news Jesse alluded to. I give him props, heís dying on the hill that he knows about something else when he keeps getting an easy out. He may not know anything, but heís consistent. Although it wouldnít be that hard to keep saying something else is coming when we can all pretty much assume that ourselves. To be fair, Jesseís comments were specific and Dom is saying that the Lester news isnít it. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    Dom saying Lester to the Nats isnít the bad news Jesse alluded to. I give him props, heís dying on the hill that he knows about something else when he keeps getting an easy out. He may not know anything, but heís consistent. Although it wouldnít be that hard to keep saying something else is coming when we can all pretty much assume that ourselves. To be fair, Jesseís comments were specific and Dom is saying that the Lester news isnít it. We shall see.
    Jesse isn't really the type to make guesses. He's dialed in. He's not just going to throw some **** at the wall. I'm positive he has real info that he thinks is bad news for fans.

It looks like the Lester news is Jesseís news.
    https://twitter.com/jesserogersespn/...309201409?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    Jesse isn't really the type to make guesses. He's dialed in. He's not just going to throw some **** at the wall. I'm positive he has real info that he thinks is bad news for fans.
    Oh I know that. Iím not questioning the validity of Jesseís comments. Some people were thinking that Lester to the Nats was the news that would upset Cubs fans, and the Dom guy (who may or may not have sources), is saying that isnít what Jesse is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    It looks like the Lester news is Jesseís news.
    https://twitter.com/jesserogersespn/...309201409?s=21
    Hmmm I guess itís time to take a step back from this Dom guy. He called his shot and nothing happened. He called it again on this and looks to be wrong again. Not sure how he broke the Boog news now. I guess a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile.

Dom sounds like someone who says whatever to get followers and such for his social media pages

Kinda like what Bauer and his agent been doing for their social media

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Hmmm I guess itís time to take a step back from this Dom guy. He called his shot and nothing happened. He called it again on this and looks to be wrong again. Not sure how he broke the Boog news now. I guess a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile.
    I think your point about him saying it until it happens is his strategy at this point. When it does, he can boast he was right. If he does have word of a trade, why not post it? Break the news. Heíd gain thousands of followers and it isnít as if anyone knows his actual identity.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Dom sounds like someone who says whatever to get followers and such for his social media pages

Kinda like what Bauer and his agent been doing for their social media

If youíre going to be vague, you gotta nail the timeline. He didnít. The only way he gets validation now is if he flat out says it. Otherwise, when the inevitable happens, he will say ďsee I told you so.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    I think your point about him saying it until it happens is his strategy at this point. When it does, he can boast he was right. If he does have word of a trade, why not post it? Break the news. Heíd gain thousands of followers and it isnít as if anyone knows his actual identity.
    I agree. See my reply to chibears.

I knew he had nothing, these beat writers/baseball writers like Heyman Rogers Etc they thrive on being first to report transitions, they're not going to keep quiet while some blog guy or podcast guy whatever he is reports something first and especially after he says something was supposedly happening, they'd dig into it to put something out there.

If youíre going to be vague, you gotta nail the timeline. He didnít. The only way he gets validation now is if he flat out says it. Otherwise, when the inevitable happens, he will say ďsee I told you so.Ē
    Eh in his defense he said it was close and things happen so I'm not entirely killing him there. Hes whatever. I still think he's got some connection, but I don't think it's someone deep. CP had suggested maybe someone in the media dept (how he'd know Boog and vague ideas and goodbyes but not specific details). That he hasn't taken an easy out on either Schwarber or Lester. If you want to gain followers that's what you do, not wafer and hope for something else (you make people question your BS).

I'll keep him on the periphery. He ain't Rosenthal.