Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 208 of 300 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 4486
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I mean, if the Cubs are getting what they feel is a fair return (and the return they want), a few million isn't going to mean anything to the Cubs roster. So at this point, if the difference in return is simply money, **** it, give up the money, get the prospects you want and let's go from there. If you're not getting the prospects you want back and these aren't "the" guys then yeah, hold strong.
    This. If a couple million gets you a couple difference makers then pay it. We obviously aren’t paying major leaguers so why the hell not.

I mean, if the Cubs are getting what they feel is a fair return (and the return they want), a few million isn't going to mean anything to the Cubs roster. So at this point, if the difference in return is simply money, **** it, give up the money, get the prospects you want and let's go from there. If you're not getting the prospects you want back and these aren't "the" guys then yeah, hold strong.
    Yup. At this point, eat the money and get a better package

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Happ ranked by MLB network as 4th best CF in MLB, Jackie Bradley JR ranked #7.

https://twitter.com/Stephen8819/stat...71186661629953

Edit: wait it's from Ron Darling lol.

They should have a stat - WAR/162 (WAR per 162 games).

They probably do somewhere but it's not on any main stat sites.

Mish is pretty reliable when it comes to Marlins stuff :

Craig Mish on MLB Network about the possibility of a Willson Contreras trade to the Marlins

“I think there’s a chance...From the Cubs’ perspective, it look like they’re going to go REALLY young (with prospects they want in return).”

The line about the Cubs going really young with the return is interesting to say the least. .

Fulton is 19 . I could see him on a potencial deal . With that said i hope they could at least get Cabrera as a headliner . Cabrera is 22 .
    Last edited by Dfan25; 01-13-2021 at 06:48 PM.

Quick notes:

- Mets looked at former Cubs OF Albert Almora regarding CF job

- Astros signed former Dodgers P Pedro Baez to 2 year deal. Terms not released yet

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post

Craig Mish on MLB Network about the possibility of a Willson Contreras trade to the Marlins

“I think there’s a chance...From the Cubs’ perspective, it look like they’re going to go REALLY young (with prospects they want in return).”

The line about the Cubs going really young with the return is interesting to say the least. .

Fulton is 19 . I could see him on a potencial deal . With that said i hope they could at least get Cabrera as a headliner . Cabrera is 22 .
    I had a feeling that Darvish trade was a sign of things to come...The Cubs seem to be prioritizing young prospects.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-13-2021 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post

If the Cubs trade Contreras to the team who traded their catcher in a similar position and ended up with Sixto Sanchez + and the Cubs dont land a single one of their top 100 prospects because they want to go "REALLY young" and end up with Fulton and Salas, it might be time to tune out until new leadership is at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by cuzi View Post
    If the Cubs trade Contreras to the team who traded their catcher in a similar position and ended up with Sixto Sanchez + and the Cubs dont land a single one of their top 100 prospects because they want to go "REALLY young" and end up with Fulton and Salas, it might be time to tune out until new leadership is at the top.
    Yeah... but JT was/is a better player than Contreras. JT was coming off 2 straight 4 fWAR seasons when he got traded. Willson’s best season is 2.7 fWAR, which was last year. And JT is a better defensive catcher.

First off, the idea that there's any need to get a Top-X prospect is always a bit silly to me. Prospects are fluid, and right now, we're a year where there was literally, almost zero movement in the top-100 because we didn't have a season. These lists are incredibly mobile and the difference between 75 and 125, for example, is almost nil. A lot of it is personal preference, especially with young prospects (due to the volatility). If the Cubs were to come away with a non-top-100 prospect haul, I would again, take time to back up and actually look at the package.

That said, I don't see a world in which the Cubs need to trade Contreras for a package lead by Dax Fulton. That's just DFan's speculation. Cabrera, even if he's a bit older, is probably the lowest down the Marlins list the Cubs will deal Contreras for as a top-player. The Cubs are going to get a 50fv player here. Despite not getting a consensus top-100 guy for Darvish, they got Placiado who is a 50 fv and multiple players over 40. Arguably, Contreras has more value. Many of the reasons the Cubs didn't get a "top-10" prospect from the Padres is because their system is awesome. The Marlins is much less awesome.

I think people are panicking a little because they said young. The Cubs FO is not inept. If the Marlins are offering Fulton, Misner, and IFA money the Cubs would have hung up the phone. I'm sure they'll get good players back. It might be about 85% of what people think they should (and probably should) get due to the buyer's marker, but that won't drop the value to inane levels.

One good thing about all these trade rumors involving Bryant and Contreras since the end of the season, I've gotten a good idea of what the Angels Braves Mets Marlins Indians Dbacks Dodgers Bluejays Nationals Phillies Giants Rays and even the Padres have in their farm system on here...
    Next week should be Bryant turn again for a team to have recently discussed trading for him, look forward to seeing more prospects info [emoji51]

Thanks all [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    Yeah... but JT was/is a better player than Contreras. JT was coming off 2 straight 4 fWAR seasons when he got traded. Willson’s best season is 2.7 fWAR, which was last year. And JT is a better defensive catcher.
    Sixto Sanchez was also a top 20ish prospect of the time of the trade. Cabrera is what? 80?

Sixto Sanchez was also a top 20ish prospect of the time of the trade. Cabrera is what? 80?
    Sixto Sanchez was a 55 fv player. Cabrera is a 50 fv. It's a $15m in trade value difference. Realmuto was the better player at the time of the trade, and in a far better market. I think the Cubs can also make up some of the value in the trade with 2nd and 3rd pieces that are good.

But again, we're missing a full year. There's reason to believe that with a full year Edward Cabrera may have been a 55 FV SP, or that he could have been a top-40 prospect. We just don't know. I think you're very focused on arbitrary rankings and less so on the player. Cabrera is a pitcher who doesn't seem to any injury red flags who can hit 101 on the fastball, who has TORP potential. He's also been a riser. I think if the Cubs get Cabrera, we should be very happy.

Sixto Sanchez was a 55 fv player. Cabrera is a 50 fv. It's a $15m in trade value difference. Realmuto was the better player at the time of the trade, and in a far better market. I think the Cubs can also make up some of the value in the trade with 2nd and 3rd pieces that are good.

But again, we're missing a full year. There's reason to believe that with a full year Edward Cabrera may have been a 55 FV SP, or that he could have been a top-40 prospect. We just don't know. I think you're very focused on arbitrary rankings and less so on the player. Cabrera is a pitcher who doesn't seem to any injury red flags who can hit 101 on the fastball, who has TORP potential. He's also been a riser. I think if the Cubs get Cabrera, we should be very happy.
    I'm not focused on rankings. I was the very first person to even mention Cabrera's name.

But not only have I heard the rumblings from this forum about Craig Mish saying the Cubs are looking at "REALLY young" prospects, I've heard rumblings on Marlins forums that Craig Mish is also hearing none of the names being talked about are top 10 in the Marlins system.

And given what the Cubs got in return for an ace pitcher on a very reasonable price to performance contract and a borderline starting catcher I have no reason to believe those reports arent true.

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

I’d be very happy with a Contreras trade of Cabrera, a 2nd piece like Dax Fulton, and a 3rd piece who is some 17-19 year old IFA guy or the Marlins 2021 competitive balance draft pick. If the Marlins want to offset a few mil by giving Alfaro or ask the Cubs to pay a chunk of the 2021 salary then that’s fair enough.

I fear a Contreras trade that looks like the Darvish trade. I struggle to see what that would even be with the Marlins. I think they only have 2 teenagers in their top 20 on mlb.com.
    Last edited by CP_414; 01-13-2021 at 07:55 PM.