Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 197 of 300 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 4500
    My guess is that the Dom guy is talking about Bryant . There is industry buzz he could be traded as a soon as this weekend . Maybe he read that or maybe he is hearing something similar . Stay tuned

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    My guess is that the Dom guy is talking about Bryant . There is industry buzz he could be traded as a soon as this weekend . Maybe he read that or maybe he is hearing something similar . Stay tuned

Dom's followed by some pretty big Cubs handles and he called the Boog thing. I'm willing to give him credence right now.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Where are you ABTY?!

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Maybe that part of the cubs thinking, with the still uncertainty of this season with Covid and the possibility of a strike next season, they are going to try and take advantage of it by resetting themselves this year and next, both players wise in the system and financially.

I know I've been holding out hope that they end up keeping KB, Javy, and Contreras but if trading them helps stock up the system more and this season and next season gets affected by Covid and the strike, then they kinda put themselves in a good situation for 2023 both financially and prospects wise..

Maybe I'm just looking for a positive side of what most likely going to be a down season for them but it a good thought [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Absolutely this! Thereís a reason that no one has been signed long term to this team. They dangled the stars the last year or two for huge hauls and didnít get any bites and now are at the end of the road and are going as young as possible. They are setting themselves up for a reboot after the CBA standoff, which very well may take a year or more from baseball. More names will be dealt this off-season or at the deadline. Players will be signed to fill the holes on short deals that are able to be flipped or allowed to expire at seasons end. When the new CBA is in place, the kids they just received will be a couple years older and ready to contribute.

It seems like thatís the case.

If not the Mets maybe the Dodgers or Jays. Iím pretty pumped to see the Cubs trade KB for a moderately interesting 18 year old and then watch the Bears lose by 30 tomorrow. Itíll be a great weekend.

Just find it funny that Jed keeps everything he does tight lipped but this Dom guy knows something happening today..lol

Just find it funny that Jed keeps everything he does tight lipped but this Dom guy knows something happening today..lol

He called the Boog announcement before literally anybody else. Heís credible until he proves not to be. His twitter followers suggest heís in the loop somewhere somehow.

I mean, what do you expect, Jed Hoyer to get on Twitter and post "Ooooh I hear I'm doing something today!". Dom seems to have some sort of connection to Ian Happ. It wouldn't be shocking that he has information on potential Cubs dealings.

Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Where are you ABTY?!
    [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Dom's followed by some pretty big Cubs handles and he called the Boog thing. I'm willing to give him credence right now.

Heís followed by the real Cubs account too. Never really heard of him until recently but he definitely doesnít seem like a Tom Loxas or Julie Decaro. Maybe heís Legit_Reporter!

Martino says Cubs and Mets havenít talked in weeks about Bryant. Also says Mets arenít likely to reengage due to the Lindor trade.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Martino says Cubs and Mets havenít talked in weeks about Bryant. Also says Mets arenít likely to reengage due to the Lindor trade.
    We were also told we werenít tearing anything down 2 weeks or so before trading our ace. I donít think that really means anything. It just seems inevitable at this point. Maybe the possible trade isnít with the Mets. Could be Philís, Braves, Dodgers or somebody else.

Martino isn't the most trustworthy source but I always thought Bryant was the Mets backup plan if they failed to get Lindor. So don't think it is the Mets

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    We were also told we werenít tearing anything down 2 weeks or so before trading our ace. I donít think that really means anything. It just seems inevitable at this point. Maybe the possible trade isnít with the Mets. Could be Philís, Braves, Dodgers or somebody else.
    Quite possibly. Just saw that and thought Iíd post it.