Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 191 of 300 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 4500

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    The scouting on Isaiah Greene are all over. Kiley seems to like him. Others see a highly inconsistent, defense/speed first prospect. He's risky. Only hit 4 HR's in HS. He's very much a "Yeah, yeah the power's probably there" kind of prospect.

So Lindor + Carrasco for a former fringe top 100 prospect and the Mets' 9th and 10th ranked prospects according to MLB.com.

Thank god we held on to Baez and Bryant on a sinking ship since 2017.

They aren't worth jack right now.

They should extend him pretty soon I would think

And thereís the deal.

Lindor and Carrasco to NYM
    Rosario, Gimenez, Wolf and Greene to CLE

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    And thereís the deal.

Lindor and Carrasco to NYM
    Rosario, Gimenez, Wolf and Greene to CLE
    That's the most depressing trade in terms of thinking the Cubs are getting anything remotely decent for Bryant or Baez. Theo really Castro'd this roster by waiting too long to make a move.

So the best SS in baseball, in his last year, plus a 2 year salary dump for meh. I'd say that the most similar move that we could make would be Javi/Hendricks (salary wise + a year) for some prospects.

Hindsight is 20/20, but it sure would have been nice to move Javi and KB 2-3 years ago. They have no trade value at all.

Truly is a great time to buy in this market

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    So the best SS in baseball, in his last year, plus a 2 year salary dump for meh. I'd say that the most similar move that we could make would be Javi/Hendricks (salary wise + a year) for some prospects.

Hindsight is 20/20, but it sure would have been nice to move Javi and KB 2-3 years ago. They have no trade value at all.
    What if they end up extending both Javy and KB, wouldn't that be better then getting a few prospects

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    What if they end up extending both Javy and KB, wouldn't that be better then getting a few prospects
    Unless Bryant comes crawling back to the Cubs after not getting any offers for what he feels he's worth in FA, I don't think there's any chance he wears a Cubs uniform beyond his current contract.

And I would rather spend any money that would go towards Baez on Story, Seager, or Lindor, but it's probably pretty likely that Lindor will be given a big contract by the new billionaire owner of the Mets that just traded for him. However, that still leaves Story and Seager who are just better than Baez.

Quote Originally Posted by cuzi View Post
    So Lindor + Carrasco for a former fringe top 100 prospect and the Mets' 9th and 10th ranked prospects according to MLB.com.

Thank god we held on to Baez and Bryant on a sinking ship since 2017.

They aren't worth jack right now.
    Prospects are overrated now, anyways.
    Screw sabermetics.

Yea I think itís a given that Cohen is gonna pay Lindor to stay alah mookie in LA. If I were Jed I would be calling the Indians about getting Ramirez to play 3rd. Contract is really reasonable and then just put KB in LF if you canít move him....I mean that is if we actually want to win baseball games the next 3 years .
    Last edited by huff; 01-07-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Good for the Mets. Another team that can stand in the way of the Dodgers getting their monkey off their back fully (don't @ me) is fine with me. Hell, I would love to see Mets/Padres for the NLCS in 21.

With that said, I think the last trade that floored me in a good way, was the day the Cubs announced the Nomar trade. That day was a good day.
    Screw sabermetics.

I donít think the correct Cubs take here is that they waited too long to sell. I think the correct Cubs take is that itís BS that they canít buy in an offseason where you can get stars for next to nothing.

They could have built a really great team with a payroll up against the tax in 2021.