Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 242 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    In a scenario where they are trying to compete I donít think they should sign Archer. If they trade everybody and just need to fill in a roster, then sure sign him. Heíll be very cheap and if he rebounds he could be a trade candidate in July.
    That the scenario I was thinking..
    If they do go the route of dismantling and doing the flipping process again, then yes hed be a guy to that with

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/s...430015488?s=19

Some talk today that the Dodgers have Arenado and Bryant on their radar . I would imagine they just sign Turner but you never know and Bryant has played some OF in the past . Looks like Dodgers are targeting a RH bat .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/s...430015488?s=19

Same garbage, different dumpster. On the bright side, he'll never see a big league field. And if he does, we're worse than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    You're right. The fan in me keeps forgetting that competing is not important to them right now.

If he's cheap, sign him. He could certainly be an effective number 5. Hell, he might even be their number 3!
    If they blow it up then they should go hunting for as many potential Scott Feldmanís as they can get. You never know when one of those guys can turn into Jake and Strop.

I donít know why but I have a feeling the Cubs will sign Desclafani and Robbie Grossman

https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/...uintana-trade/

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/...uintana-trade/

I know what they are doing, but I hate this stuff.

They are trying to divorce Jed from the unpopular moves to give him a clean slate with fans. They pushed the story about him demanding Strop and this one about him being reluctant on the Q deal. Both are probably true, but it just comes off as forced to me. Like 1908 said the other day, they arenít telling us about all the times Jed advocated for something that would have been terrible.

Just let his moves from now on be on his record.
    Last edited by CP_414; 11-20-2020 at 05:46 PM.

If they blow it up then they should go hunting for as many potential Scott Feldmanís as they can get. You never know when one of those guys can turn into Jake and Strop.
    It was so easy to watch the last blow up. Me personally? I looked forward to every move they made. But back then, we knew exactly, and without any doubt what the plan was. Theo actually told us what his plan was.

It was fun and exciting to watch the garbage leave the team, and scraps picked up. But again, we know the exact plan. It was worth it. Today......it's not going to be that easy. Yesterdays plan is likely not going to work in today's world.

If they want any chance of repeating the last tank, they have to move everybody with value. Not most of them, but all of them.

Getting good prospects in trades is not going to be easy. Getting 4 top 10 picks in a row may not be that hard. Having all of them be on the big league squad shortly after being drafted is not going to be easy. Luck played a big part of our only championship. We need it again.

But I'm fine with picking that road again. I just don't want to hang around and be semi competitive for years and years. I want a championship caliber teams for a half dozen years again.

They are trying to divorce Jed from the unpopular moves to give him a clean slate with fans. They pushed the story about him demanding Strop and this one about him being reluctant on the Q deal. Both are probably true, but it just comes off as forced to me. Like 1908!said the other day, they arenít telling us about all the times Jed advocated for something that would have been terrible.

Great take! Yes.......just start with a clean slate starting today. It doesn't matter what happened under Theo. Or how Jed felt about any move. Obviously, Jed had little to no input in trades. So what. He's the man now. His decisions from hear on out will define him as a baseball guy. Not watching Theo make decisions.

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    It was so easy to watch the last blow up. Me personally? I looked forward to every move they made. But back then, we knew exactly, and without any doubt what the plan was. Theo actually told us what his plan was.

It was fun and exciting to watch the garbage leave the team, and scraps picked up. But again, we know the exact plan. It was worth it. Today......it's not going to be that easy. Yesterdays plan is likely not going to work in today's world.

If they want any chance of repeating the last tank, they have to move everybody with value. Not most of them, but all of them.

Getting good prospects in trades is not going to be easy. Getting 4 top 10 picks in a row may not be that hard. Having all of them be on the big league squad shortly after being drafted is not going to be easy. Luck played a big part of our only championship. We need it again.

But I'm fine with picking that road again. I just don't want to hang around and be semi competitive for years and years. I want a championship caliber teams for a half dozen years again.
    I was just thinking about this. When Theo came in and it became clear they were tearing down to rebuild from the bottom up I was so excited. They were on a path to nowhere. The farm sucked. The MLB roster sucked. The FO had sucked. Now they had an actual plan and smart people executing it. I was pretty comfortable with them tanking and watching the farm system. Iíd watch The Mlb draft standings rather than the divisional standings and it was fine.

Now, Iíd be pretty pissed to watch them tank. They could easily go into 2021 resetting the lux tax and be the overwhelming favorites to win the division again. Easily. This isnít a baseball decision at all. A tank now is 100% about money and that sucks. I wouldnít be nearly as patient this time. They have a much better MLB roster and a much better farm system than the day Theo walked in. If it happens, I wonít blame Jed, but itíll be annoying. The Cubs should not have to tank on purpose every decade.
    Last edited by CP_414; 11-20-2020 at 06:04 PM.

They are trying to divorce Jed from the unpopular moves to give him a clean slate with fans. They pushed the story about him demanding Strop and this one about him being reluctant on the Q deal. Both are probably true, but it just comes off as forced to me. Like 1908 said the other day, they arenít telling us about all the times Jed advocated for something that would have been terrible.

Yep. Jed's got a great past record anyway. Stop pandering, it's so desperate and unnecessary.

I was just thinking about this. When Theo came in and it became clear they were tearing down to rebuild from the bottom up I was so excited. They were on a path to nowhere. The farm sucked. The MLB roster sucked. The FO had sucked. Now they had an actual plan and smart people executing it. I was pretty comfortable with them tanking.

Now, Iíd be pretty pissed to watch them tank. They could easily go into 2021 resetting the lux tax and be the overwhelming favorites to win the division again. Easily. This isnít a baseball decision at all. A tank now is 100% about money and that sucks. I wouldnít be nearly as patient this time. They have a much better MLB roster and a much better farm system than the day Theo walked in.
    This all true. All of it!

Ricketts looked like a savior to us fans. "We finally have an owner who wants to win!" At least that's what I thought. And I think we were right......for awhile. It usually costs money to win like that, and I feel like money is now his driving force. From an owners standpoint, I don't really hold that against him. He's a typical greedy owner. I've made peace with that.

Because we have a ton of money, the big city backing, good players, and a championship under our belts, there's no reason other than greed, that we can't retool, instead of rebuild. This one seems like it's not going to be as fun. But I'm ready for it.

https://twitter.com/MLBastian/status...613791748?s=19

2016 World Series Champions!!!