Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 279 of 314 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 4701
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Derek Fisher was DFA'd by Toronto. Worth a flier, imo.
    To play CF?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Just realized they took Marquee off Hulu. Not really sure how I’m gonna watch games this year cause I’m not paying hundreds of dollars for cable.
    The channel has been a disappointing nightmare.
    The page called “MLB Streams” on reddit is back in 2021. Great alternative to watch every game (besides blackouts) for free.

Crane Kenney said on 670 The Score earlier today that he would be “very surprised” if the Cubs didn’t add at least another FA pitcher soon

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    The page called “MLB Streams” on reddit is back in 2021. Great alternative to watch every game (besides blackouts) for free.
    Thanks man. Can’t afford hundreds of dollars a month in cable just for one channel.

Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Thanks man. Can’t afford hundreds of dollars a month in cable just for one channel.
    You're welcome!

I haven't subscribed to MLB.TV since 2018 myself. This reddit page uses external links for every MLB game each day and the links are for different websites that will provide the home/away feeds for whichever game you want to play. As the links are still using the MLB.TV service I can only assume that blackouts would still happen but I am watching in a different country so I don't experience blackouts myself, so I am not 100% certain about that.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    It wouldn't have to do with "having" to spend more. It would have to do with "putting out the best team". You could win like the Rays, with a lot payroll. It has to do with incentivizing winning. There will always be winners and lovers, but if WINNING is what made you gain a larger share of profit revenue, owners would have reasons to spend. Its the best way to make teams give a **** and get rid of tanking. All of the other ways have resulted in owners skirting the rules.

Draft lottery results in good teams getting the top pick. Doesnt stop teams from tanking (see, NHL and NBA). Salary floor? Doesn't stop teams from circumventing rules (see, NHL and NFL where contracts are written to cheat the system). Salary caps incentivize owners not to spend the max amount, contract restrictions (max contract in the NBA) does the same and limits the market.

If you want owners to actually care about winning, winning needs to be the incentive. As long as losing, and not spending money gets you a better outcome than winning, you will get ******** like the leagues get right now, where teams don't even try.

I know it won't happen, owners have too much power. But it's the best way to force it. I'm tired of watching the Cubs not give a ****. I have a very waining interest in watching thr Cubs at this juncture next year. And that will likely be for years. I'll pay attention to what's going on, but **** if I'm sitting down to take in a 9 inning game of an Alec Mills start very often, or watching an OF of Phil Ervin, Jake Marisnick and Hapl/Heyward take the field. Why? Ricketts don't give a **** about winning. He doesn't have to. He turns a massive profit when he sells the team so winning doesn't matter. Its pathetic. And its bad for baseball.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    This would never happen in the MLB but the best way to incentivize winning is to do what they do in Europe with respect to soccer at least which is relegate the bottom 3 teams to the lower league which means less exposure, less marketing, etc. And baseball is the sport with the perfect set up to actually make it happen with the minor league system

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

https://twitter.com/jonheyman/status...956516365?s=21

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    https://twitter.com/jonheyman/status...956516365?s=21

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Oh nice. Another player to root for on a crap team.

Rational me knows Arrieta ain't Arrieta any more and he's struggled to put guys away, and he's not throwing as hard...

But irrational me is all like MOTHER ****ING JAKE ****ING ARRIETA!!!!

So, there's that.

Assuming health and assuming Arrieta is added, who gets the bump? I'm hoping Mills though I could also see a 6-man rotation with Alzolay's innings limit.

Hendricks
    Davies
    Arrieta
    Williams
    Alzolay

If they go this route, what do you think they do with Mills? He is out of options. Bullpen? DFA him?

My guess? Alzolay. He needs inning restrictions anyways. So he gets pen work, then transitions into the rotation with an injury.

Rational me knows Arrieta ain't Arrieta any more and he's struggled to put guys away, and he's not throwing as hard...

But irrational me is all like MOTHER ****ING JAKE ****ING ARRIETA!!!!

So, there's that.

Exactly how I feel. It will be nice having him back even if he isn't moving the needle too much. Though, I still think he is a clear upgrade over Mills, it is just that we might be talking about a half win upgrade.

My guess? Alzolay. He needs inning restrictions anyways. So you throw him in the pen.

I'd really dislike this route. I think this is the year you need to see if he can start and having him in the bullpen / not facing an order multiple times wastes that opportunity. It isn't like there are guys who are clearly better than him. I guess it is likely that is the case next year too but still.

Quote Originally Posted by cubs1423 View Post
    I'd really dislike this route. I think this is the year you need to see if he can start and having him in the bullpen / not facing an order multiple times wastes that opportunity. It isn't like there are guys who are clearly better than him. I guess it is likely that is the case next year too but still.
    Me too. Hate the idea of Mills in the rotation over Adbert. But he's out of options IIRC. As is Adbert. So Alzolay gets the 7th for 1-2 months, and then transitions to a rotation spot upon an injury or Mills sucking.